This guide will give you some tips on how you can complete Flooded Valley in Bloons TD 6. If you’re one of the players having a hard time with this unusual map, this guide is for you.
Opening the Gates
As someone has pointed out, there are a lot of Youtube videos on how to open the gate. However, none of them actually stated what they intended to do. It took me over a hundred tries to figure out what you really need to do.
I think the trick is actually modeled after the idea of the two buttons on a nuclear sub that is intended to require two people to activate.
There is a panel on the top and a second one on the bottom (screenwise, not world-wise) of the dam.
- Push the cover on the upper panel (not sure if it matters which is first) in the way that causes it to open. Might take a few tries to find the spot. DO NOT click the button under it.
- Then, quickly, do the same to the other panel. (Open it, but do not click the button under it.)
- Then, click the button on the first panel you opened once so that it turns green.
- Then, click the button of the second one you opened, so that it turns green too.
- Then, and only then, a 3rd button will appear which will allow you to flood the valley for some moderately large amount of money.
The big problem is that the two panels close pretty quickly, and are hard to open, and if you immediately click either button (turning it green) too early, or take too long to do the process, you have to start over!
Personally, I’ve only been able to do it once. The screen is pretty full and the game lags. I think that gives you more time. But I’m pretty bad at moving-mouse-and-clicking quickly, so it might be pretty easy for other people if you follow these instructions.
Shooting from Below
Although land monkeys can’t normally stand in the water or reach it, there are some exceptions.
My favorite is Adora. If you place her just about 1/20th of the way down the dam, and right next to it, she can see the top and shoot there. It’s my favorite way of playing it, and it’s easy to win on Easy or Moderate (and I’ve done it easily on Impable too, but that was “cheating” because I used Double-Cash Mode.)
The Wizard’s money can also skyrocket. He needs to be at least 1xx to see up there, but if he’s not in a great spot, 4xx widens his range a lot, so he has a lot more flexibility.
Snipers can also stand on the small hilltops in the valley before it floods and shoot at them. As usual, the red area shows what can’t be seen.
Obviously, helicopters and plans work too, but I’m posting off-topic in this section because they’re not “Land Monkeys.”
Walking on Water
Regardless of whether or not you open the dam, you can use Ice Monkey to free the water, which is great, because “frozen” water will accept either boat (Pirate, Sub, or Admiral) or land towers.
The directions are below, but here’s one of my screenshots:
Of course, you need to get the Ice Monkey up there first, and the Ice Monkey has to be (I think) a 03x or higher, usually a 032, although the 042 and 052 give much bigger areas. Then, more ice monkeys stood on the frozen water and spread out.
But how do you get the first one up there? You use a 5xx Privater (Pirate/Carrier). It has two places for the monkeys to stand. There may be some tricks to get helicopters to do it, but I’m not sure it will work here, or how.
Note: Once you have two Ice Monkeys keeping each other afloat, you can sell the one that originally put them there.
In other words, if you put an Ice Monkey on the 5xx Carriers’ special shelf, you can put a 2nd IM (Ice Monkey) on the frozen water, then a 3rd on the 2nd ice, and a 4th a bit farther away on the 3rd ice. The cool thing is, at that point, you can sell the 1st and 2nd, and the 3rd and 4th will still keep each other afloat.
What if you sell an Ice Monkey and there is nothing else to keep your land-monkey monkeys afloat? Automatic Sell-off.
- If you have an xx4 and/or an xx5 pirate, they will add to each other’s income up to 20 times. So the revenue can be pretty huge (if you’re not playing Chimps or other no-income settings.)
- Also, xx4 Farms also add income to the xx4 and xx5 Pirates, so the income can basically go up geometrically.
And that concludes this Bloons TD 6 guide. Help us improve this guide by leaving your suggestions in the comment section below.