- Title: Touhou Soujinengi V: The Genius of Sappheiros
- Release Date: November 1, 2022
- Developer: ハチクマソフト
- Publisher: mebius
This is a comprehensive guide to help you obtain all achievements in Touhou Soujinengi V: The Genius of Sappheiros.
Touhou Soujinengi V: The Genius of Sappheiros offers a surprisingly straightforward path to unlocking all achievements. Unlike other games, there are no complex quest chains that span the entire game, and none of the bonus content is excessively hidden. Moreover, specific difficulty levels are not prerequisites for any achievements. To succeed, you’ll need determination to conquer all the challenges the game presents, along with a willingness to engage in some repetitive grinding to achieve your goals.
Upon successfully earning every achievement, your efforts will culminate in the acquisition of the final, crowning achievement:
Touhou Souzinengi V Completionist
Obtain all other achievements
The following achievements are obtained as a part of natural progression through the story. Each one will be tagged to avoid spoilers.
People’s Warm Welcome
Story Progress: Defeat China
Story Progress: Defeat Remi & Nitori
Story Progress: Defeat Alice
Handy Item GET!
Story Progress: Defeat Satori
Story Progress: Defeat Youmu & Yuyuko
Story Progress: Defeat Komachi
Hero of the Sunflower Fields
Story Progress: Defeat Medicine & Yuuka
Story Progress: Defeat Udonge & Tewi
Help Me, Eirin!
Story Progress: Defeat Eirin & Kaguya
Story Progress: Defeat Suwako & Kanako
Girl of the Sphere of Neither Perception nor Non-Perception
Story Progress: Defeat Tenshi
Let’s Start by Taking Down That Turtle
Story Progress: Defeat Genjii
Lakebed Temple Gatekeeper
Story Progress: Defeat Genjii and Matsuba
She Was the Weakest Among the Three Servants
Story Progress: Defeat the Three Servants
Alligator Goddess Anastasis
Story Progress: Defeat Anastasis
Turtle Goddess Biotopos
Story Progress: Defeat Biotopos
Snake Goddess Litos
Story Progress: Defeat Litos
Green Sea God Incident
Story Progress: Defeat the final story boss
Story Progress: Defeat Hina
The One Who Conquers the Dark World
Story Progress: Defeat That Which Detests All
Story Progress: Resolve the Resentment Incident
W-What Are You Doing!?
Have Alice kick a dog enemy
Just have Alice use a normal attack or one of her Legguards skills on one of the following enemies:
I’m unsure if the Shiisaa, King Shiisaa, or Metal Shiisaa count towards this achievement.
Kappa Science is the Best in the World!
Defeat any type of Yukkuri with Nitori’s Last Word
If you find that you haven’t naturally acquired this achievement by the time you complete the game, you can employ a specific strategy involving Akyuu and Nitori in your party. When encountering a Yukkuri, utilize Akyuu’s ability called Damage Net, which she can acquire by defeating various Aquatic enemies. This will prevent the Yukkuri from escaping. Proceed to gradually reduce the Yukkuri’s HP to a low level.
Once the Yukkuri’s HP is sufficiently low, intentionally lower Nitori’s HP in your party. With a bit of luck, Nitori’s Last Word ability will activate. Once her Last Word is ready, unleash it upon the weakened Yukkuri to conclude the encounter and unlock the achievement.
That’s Enough, Yuugi!
Defeat an insect enemy during Berserker Soul
This one is simple enough. Just have Yuugi cast Berserker Soul, then defeat any Insect enemy with a normal attack.
Defeat the Terminator
The Terminator is an infrequently appearing midboss encountered in chamber E within the Depths of Resentment. This foe can be overcome using tactics similar to those employed against its more formidable quest boss iteration: simply prioritize higher speed to gain an advantage and decrease its physical attack power and accuracy through debuffs, rendering it considerably less threatening.
Please be aware that this entity should not be mistaken for the Terminator MKII encountered during the “Seeking Terminator” quest. To the best of my knowledge, this accomplishment is exclusively unlocked upon vanquishing the initial Terminator adversary.
Defeat over 100 Mental Flayer-type enemies
The following enemies count for this achievement:
- Mental Flayer
- Elite Mental Flayer
- Petit Flayer
- Ika Daemon
- Queen Flayer
- Mental Flayer Lord
- Empress Flayer
- Veteran Flayer
- King Flayer
Don’t Lose Hope!
Have your first game over
Not getting this achievement is honestly more impressive than getting all achievements.
Shrine Maiden of Paradise
Reach level 70
Shrine Maiden of Eternity
Reach level 99
First things first, to increase the level cap from level 70 to level 99, you’ll need to clear the quest “Pierce the Heavens! Scarlet Pachon”, which I go more in-depth on here:
From there, you can boost EXP gain with the following methods:
- Litos’ Commander Power – +2% Party EXP
- 16 pts in Akyuu’s Omen skill tree – +25% EXP and +15% Party EXP
- Defeat all Unknown enemies w/ Akyuu – +6% Party EXP
- Rabbit’s Foot – +1% Party EXP
- Shoes of Happiness – +3% Party EXP
- Hat of Happiness – +5% Party EXP
- Bloomers of Happiness – +10% Party EXP
- Giant Medal of Good Fortune – +20% Party EXP
- Yukkuri Medal – +10% EXP
- Yukkuri Crest – +20% EXP
- Yukkuri Crown – +30% EXP
- Yukkuri Title – +100% EXP
If Akyuu doesn’t reach level 99 before you get all other achievements, the quests “The Scarlet Devil Mansion Burns Again” and “Counterattack on Titans” are particularly lucrative for EXP.
You’re Enjoying This Game, Aren’t You!?
Surpass 100 hours of playtime
Defeat 5000 monsters
Extreme Damage Dealer
Deal over 10000 damage
All three of these achievements should be achieved naturally well before getting all other achievements.
The Birth of the Ultimate Goddess Lifeform!
Story Progress: Defeat the final story boss’s perfect form
In the final battle, if you permit the Three Sisters to perform their chanting thrice, the ongoing phase will promptly conclude, transitioning directly to the Three Goddesses phase. Yet, it’s important to note that their attributes will undergo significant enhancement, their classification will shift from Deity to Unknown, and they will execute four actions during each turn. For the purpose of comparison:
Feel free to challenge the final boss whenever you’d like, even after completing the main storyline. However, it’s a good idea to wait until you’re prepared to confront the Resentment Incident. Make sure your secondary party is well-prepared with strong gear like Dragon Scales, Garter Belts, Kagami, Magatama, and other items that boost elemental resistance. Then, apply your usual strategies for defeating the Three Goddesses.
Defeat the Elder Dragon
Trailokyavijaya and the Elder Dragon are fought in the 8 star quests “Asura, You Sure That’s Enough of a Dojo?” and “Quest for Tiny Babies” respectively.
Defeat the Demiurge NEO
Defeat the Archangel
The Demiurge NEO and the Archangel are fought in the 8 star quests “Pierce the Heavens! Scarlet Pachon” and “Path to Power” respectively.
The One Who Clears All
Story Progress: Clear all quests
Hilariously enough, despite featuring Chaos in the achievement icon, it’s impossible to unlock this achievement by defeating Chaos. All you need to do is complete all 18 story quests and all 53 optional quests.
Master of Kourindou
Obtain all items
Simply acquire every item in the game at least once to fulfill this requirement. There’s no need to possess all items simultaneously, as some are utilized in synthesis and can’t be reacquired. By reviewing the book at Kourindou, you can access a comprehensive list of all items in the game, along with information about their sources and whether you’ve owned them before.
Note: Due to an oversight, the following items are not included in the item list and may not be necessary for this achievement:
- Amulet of Haborym
- Amulet of Forneus
- Amulet of Alloces
- Amulet of Bune
- Amulet of Amaterasu
- Amulet of Tsukuyomi
Each of these items can be synthesized after progressing far enough in the game.
Bunbunmaru Newspaper… Complete!
Defeat all non-boss monsters
All normal enemies need to be defeated and registered in the compendium, though you don’t have to use Aya’s Perceive skill on them. The following enemies are particularly hard to find if you don’t know where to look:
- Officer Daemon (Red) – Genbu Ravine room D
- Dominion – Genbu Ravine room G
- Greater Daemon – Inner Lakebed Temple room K
- Hydra – Grand Temple room P
- Marisahedron – Gorgon Sanctuary room A
- Daemonsider – Gorgon Sanctuary room A
- Capricorn – Gorgon Sanctuary room B
- Bodaiju – Gorgon Sanctuary room B
- Druid – Gorgon Sanctuary room C
- Pendragon – Gorgon Sanctuary room C
- Hekatoncheir – Gorgon Sanctuary room D
- Ambivalenz – Gorgon Sanctuary room D
- Two-Headed Dragon – Gorgon Sanctuary room E
- Lightning Baron – Gorgon Sanctuary room E
- Crom Cruach – Gorgon Sanctuary room F
- Yukkuri King – Gorgon Sanctuary room F
- Rare Beetle – Gorgon Sanctuary, incredibly rare
- All Incident Level 1-4 enemies – Underground
- Dragon Pansee – Depths of Resentment room B
- Asura – Depths of Resentment room C
- Demiurge – Depths of Resentment room D
- Garuda – Depths of Resentment room D
- Terminator – Depths of Resentment room E
- Amukihajah – Depths of Resentment room F
- Shofet – Depths of Resentment room G
- Atomic Monster – Depths of Resentment room H
- Angelsider – Depths of Resentment room I
- Royal Duke – Depths of Resentment room J
- Seraphim – Depths of Resentment room K
- Dragon Eater – Depths of Resentment room K
- Dragon – Depths of Resentment room L
- Yukkuri Emperor – Depths of Resentment room L
- Glory Empress – Barrier Distortion room H
- Resentful Shofet – Barrier Distortion room I
- Terminator Custom – Barrier Distortion room L
- Cernnunos – Barrier Distortion rooms N, O, and P
- Paradox – Barrier Distortion rooms N and O
- Mac Lir – Barrier Distortion rooms O and P
- Mordred – Barrier Distortion rooms O and P
- Allocer – Barrier Distortion room P
- Elite Two-Headed Dragon – Barrier Distortion room P
- Malicehedron – Barrier Distortion room P
- Nehasim Seraphim – Barrier Distortion room R
- Bune – Barrier Distortion room R
- Haborym – Barrier Distortion room R
- Forneus – Barrier Distortion room R
- Chiyou – Barrier Distortion room R
- Three-Star General – Barrier Distortion room R
- Dragonlord – Barrier Distortion room R
- Yuckuri – Library Depths room B
- Yuckuri Sisters – Temple Depths room C
- Stray Yuckuri – Library Depths room D
- Yuckuri King – Temple Depths room C
- Reimu Emperor – Depths of Resentment room L, Library Depths room D
Your Skills Are Mine…
Obtain all of Satori’s learnable skills
Open all treasure chests
This achievement should pop after opening all 658 treasure chests and reaching 100% Chest Collection Rate. Any missed chests will be marked in the compendium after beating that dungeon’s boss.
However, the locations of the 10 silver keys will not be marked. They can be found here:
Great Library room C
Scarlet Devil Mansion room G
Scarlet Devil Mansion room K
Palace of the Earth Spirits room E
Palace of the Earth Spirits room K
Netherworld room J
Netherworld room E via a teleporter in Serpent Way room A
Youkai Mountain room G
Sea of Mysterious Clouds room I
Forest of Magic 2 room H
Obtain all formations
Create all equipment available through synthesis
That's everything we are sharing today for this Touhou Soujinengi V: The Genius of Sappheiros guide. This guide was originally created and written by Gloochi. In case we fail to update this guide, you can find the latest update by following this link.