- Title: Remnant: From the Ashes
- Release Date:
The Harrow’s alt kill is kind of weird and it has been caused by speculation and conflicting information. I watched a lot of videos, read guides, and experimented with myself. I summarize here my findings and give you 2 different ways that you can try to get your Lost Harpoon.
Shot him in the legs until he kneels down. He runs away if you stagger him unless you stand in front of him, he will do a 4-slash rage attack instead. If he runs away, he will recover leg damage. There is no requirement for the number of staggers.
The Harrow’s alt kill is kind of weird and it has been cause of speculation and conflicting information. Some guides tell you that you need to stagger him X times before he will kneel down so you can take the Lost Harpoon; some tell you that if you do stagger him you have missed the chance to to make him kneel; that some weapons are more effective than others; which leg to shoot and in what order; etc, etc. What a mess. So I went and watched all this videos about the matter:
You will notice that in all of those videos, the number of staggers/run away times vary, some of them do not make him stagger at all. So I went and spent a couple of hours experimenting and found out the following facts about the fight:
- Any leg is OK, as long as you hit him below the waist it counts.
- If you are too far from him for a long time, without attacking anyone he will run away.
- If you deal a lot of damage in a short time, he will stagger.
- When he staggers, he will run away, unless someone is right in front of him.
- If he runs away, he will recover the damage to his legs during his escape.
- He can be brought to his knees even after you stagger him, before he runs away.
- If you deal damage too slowly, he wont kneel down.
- You can make him kneel down even with 0 staggers.
- Any weapon will work, even melee if you are crazy enough to try that, since melee always hits him below the waist.
So with this in mind, I though of 2 strategies: the fast and the slow strats
Fast strat: Shots at it until it kneels down. He will invariably stagger, so you have to prevent him from running away to call his buddies. You can achieve this by standing in front of him (extremely dangerous, you have to do perfect evades to survive) or using the rattle thingy mod (not guaranteed to work 100% of the time, but safer)
Slow approach: Pace your shots so you do not do damage too quickly and make him stagger. let him attack you a couple of time between shots. IMO its better to shot too fast, then you can switch to the Fast strat, if you are too slow he wont kneel down ever.
Good luck fighting the Harrow.
That's everything we are sharing today for this Remnant: From the Ashes guide. This guide was originally created and written by Verga.Tron. In case we fail to update this guide, you can find the latest update by following this link.