Niantic has officially started the new Pokemon GO event called Sinnoh Celebration Event. Starting on January 12th at 10:00 AM until January 17th at 8:00 PM (both local time), players will be able to experience all the features and activities for the Sinnoh Celebration Event in Pokemon GO. Below, you will find the detailed breakdown of the new event in the game.
Sinnoh Celebration Event Overview
- During the event, trainers will be able to get the exclusive Field Research Tasks. These tasks will give players the chance to encounter some Pokemon including Chimchar, Turtwig, and more.
- Stardusts, Ultra Balls, and Magnetic Lure are some of the few rewards for completing the Sinnoh-themed Collection Challenges.
Field Research Tasks
- Power up Pokémon 4 times
- Rewards: Turtwig, Chimchar, and Piplup encounter
- Win 2 raids
- Rewards: Shieldon and Cranidos encounter
- Defeat 2 Team GO Rocket Grunts
- Reward: Buizel encounter
Sinnoh-themed Collection Challenges
To complete this challenge, players have to catch the following Pokemon in the game:
- Shadow Stunky
- Shadow Snover
Rewards: 3,000 Stardust, Magnetic Lure, and 15 Ultra Balls
During the event, Pokemon such as Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Bidoof, Cranidos, Shieldon, Combee, Buizel, Drifloon, Glameow, Purugly, Hippopotas, Skorupi, and Snover will be frequently appearing in the wild.
5 Km Egg Hatches
During the Sinnoh Celebration Event, all 5 km egg will have a chance to hatch Kricketot, Budew, Cranidos, Shieldon, Bronzor, Bonsly, Hippopotas, and Croagunk.
Pokemon GO Raids
The following Pokemon will be available in Raids during the event.
- 1 Star Raids – Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Shinx, Buizel, and Gible.
- 3 Star Raids – Lopunny, Hippowdon, Toxicroak, and Lumineon
- 5 Star Raids – Heatran
- Mega Raids – Charizard (Mega Y), Blastoise (Mega), and Abomasnow (Mega)
If you’re planning to add a Shiny Pokemon in your list, make sure to go and participate the Sinnoh Celebration Event to have a chance of catching Shiny Buizel and Shiny Floatzel.
And that's all for this Pokemon GO guide. Do you have any suggestions or tips to improve this guide for Pokemon GO? If yes, then make sure to leave a comment down below. This guide has been made possible by Brian Haynes. You can check him out by simply clicking his name.