The bare-hand build is one of the latest contents. It’s a strong build and also quite funny to play with it. You will need a lot of skill points and items to play properly. Playing bare-handed needs a lot of knowledge of this game, especially the enemy’s attack patterns. Not like the “Fist” weapon, the Bare-handed has nearly zero block property. You must dodge, not block. You could block a single attack but it will cost a lot of your HP and stamina. You need to cast a spell to use your bare hand. Without this spell, your attack is nearly nothing. Also, you need specific grace equipment. I’ll show you how I use it, even in the multiplayer game.
What You Need
- 6x Tajikarao’s Grace (1x Weapon (Fist) 2x Range 2x Acc)
- 4x Onmyo Warrior’s Armour Set (without Helmet)
- 1x Wild Boar Crest helmet
- 1x Accessory with “-1 set requirement”
- 1~5 Glove with a Transfer Option “35% Bare-Handed Attack Damage” (on Max Familiarity)
- Constitution 150
- Magic 150
- Anti Yokai
- Anti Human
- Way of Ruthless ( If you want to play safely, Ravenous )
Good to have
- Melee Damage Vs Zero Ki
- Melee Damage Vs ( Purified / Corrupted / Any element )
- Melee Ki Damage
- Sloth on Onmyo Hit ( Accessary )
- Constitution 150
- Magic 150
- Stamina 50
- Heart/Strength/Dexterity for your preference (in my case, I use the Fist weapon)
- Skill 100+
- Samurai – Hand of the Death `~3 , Fatal Fist ( up to 100 probably )
- Onmyo – Talisman of the Fist
- Bare-Handed Attack Damage” option and “Melee or Active skill Damage” can’t co-exist on the same equipment.
- You can apply Bare-Handed Attack Damage Up to 735%+ with 7x Tajikarao’s Grace and 5x Armor piece and Samurai skills
What to Do
- Fist on your main weapon slot/bare-handed on your secondary weapon slot.
- Cast the Talisman of the Fist, then debuff your target.
- Block and Dodge with your main weapon until you find the right attacking moment.
- On your target’s recovery or vulnerable moment, swap to the Bare-hand and attack your target.
- Switch back to Fist for a better block and dodge property. Sloth on Onmyo magic is a good option with lightning debuff.
You must cast Talisman of the Fist. Without this, your bare-handed attack will nearly apply no damage to your target.
- Kick has faster motion than the fully charged Iai quickdraw, but it has a higher DPS than it.
- If you stop the punch attack before the next combo, you can persistently attack your high DPS jab on your target.
- I don’t often use the one-two punch. I rather use the kick instead of it. Choose wisely your type of attack. If the enemy’s recovery is short, just punch it a single time. If you’re not sure, just perform a single punch until you find the right moment to kick it.
- Not like another High DPS weapon, you can stop your attack immediately and dodge it anytime you want. Trying to find a proper moment that you can kick your enemy.
- Counterattack time is not the same as “Timely Guard” it’s almost exactly right before your enemy’s hitbox touches your hand.
- Ultimate Skill with Mid-Stance may allow you to guard safely with “Ki Pulse: Man”. It’s optional but not that practical to spend 150 stat points.
- Skill / Strength stat increases bare-hand base attack.
With a bare-handed attack, you can push your limit much harder. It’s another type of high-risk high return like critical build. Also, you can mix with the critical build if you would like to die often. I’d recommend being more realistic. You’re already bare-handed. Good luck!
That's everything we are sharing today for this Nioh 2 guide. This guide was originally created and written by Meep. In case we fail to update this guide, you can find the latest update by following this link.