- Title: Kenshi
- Release Date: December 6, 2018
- Developer: Lo-Fi Games
- Publisher: Lo-Fi Games
Mastering character skills and stats is critical in Kenshi, but progressing through all levels can be time-consuming. Don’t worry if, like me, you like to play without mods! Certain skills, I’ve discovered, are extremely useful in fighting scenarios. To make things easier, I’ve divided my squad’s warriors into four categories: Heavy, Medium/Swordsman, Ranger, and Stealth/Infiltration.
The Heavy class acts as a tank, absorbing all damage and drawing adversaries’ attention to themselves. Meanwhile, the Medium/Swordsman is a versatile combatant, capable of moving quickly and striking frequently. As the name implies, the Ranger specializes in ranged combat. Finally, the Stealth/Infiltration class conducts stealing or breakout missions while remaining out of direct combat.
I’ve saved a lot of time by concentrating exclusively on the most successful skills for each class. No more squandering time on ineffective skills! This article can assist you if you’re looking for a more simplified training technique to maximize battle effectiveness.
If you want your character to be a top-tier soldier in Kenshi without wasting time grinding every skill, here’s what you should concentrate on:
First and foremost, prioritize the following skills for all classes as a must-have basis for survival and a fighting chance in combat:
- Melee Attack: Enhances their ability to fight in close quarters.
- Toughness: This improves overall durability.
Always look for opportunities to improve these two abilities in a secure environment.
The skills in bold will be the most beneficial to your class; the others are a bonus. Those other skills aren’t as crucial as the ones in bold, but they can come in handy if you think your team isn’t going to win a battle.
- Strength: To wield heavy weapons and armor effectively.
- Melee Defense: Mitigates the slow attack rate of their heavy weapons.
- Dexterity: Boosts damage output.
- Dodge: Helps them evade hits with lighter armor.
- Defense: A bonus skill.
- Athletics: Enables faster movement if they can’t finish off enemies.
- Dexterity: Speeds up bow reloading and firing.
- Perception: Reduces friendly fire incidents.
- Crossbow/Turret: Proficiency in their chosen ranged weapon is crucial.
- Athletics and Dodge: For quick repositioning when rushed by enemies.
- Stealth: Staying undetected is vital for these characters.
- Dodge: Helps them avoid being hit.
- Assassination: Obviously important for sneaky kills.
- Lockpicking: Essential for getting into places discreetly.
- Martial Arts: Handy when captured by enemies.
- Athletics: Useful in various situations.
“What about weapon type skills? They increase damage”
For that, I keep to one primary weapon type for each fighter and divide them into four classes: Heavies primarily wield hackers, sabers, and blunts, Medium/Swordsmen primarily use katanas, and Rangers, well… They employ ranged weapons, although crossbow and turret skills boost all respectable weapon types, so select wisely. Stealth/infiltration can be accomplished with any weapon, however I recommend choosing light weapons such as wakizashis and the like.
Concentrating on a single weapon and teaching your squad how to use it is the best way to go. Your friends will naturally improve with certain weapon kinds as their Melee Attack and Defense skills grow. So don’t be concerned about missing out!
To level each type of skill stated in this guide, you can simply play the game or grind, but I dislike grinding, which is why I created this guide.
That's everything we are sharing today for this Kenshi guide. This guide was originally created and written by NarekiDX. In case we fail to update this guide, you can find the latest update by following this link.