This guide will show you how you can delete and change NPC names in Stardew Valley.
You will need an XNB file opener, you can get one from here and download the one that says XNB mod toolkit. After that you’ll need to extract the file once you download it if it’s not a folder, I recommend WinRAR but you can use whatever you want.
How to Change NPC Names
- Once you have your file XNB packer and unpacker test it out and see how it works, when I downloaded it there was a test file in there to test out how it works. Notice it may take about 15 sec. the first time. I recommend pinning the folder so you have a clean workspace to work with.
- Now that you have found out how it works delete the test file, you will not need it. Next, you need to go to the Stardew Valley file from steam. You can go to the steam page for the game and press settings, manage, browse local files.
- When you have your files for the game open type in NPCDispositions.XNB in that exact wording. scroll and find what exactly says that and copy the file. Then drop it in the packed folder in the editor and unpack it.
- Now, this is probably the easiest part. Go to the unpacked folder and there will be one file there. Open it with Microsoft notes or what the equivalent is on your computer is. Press ctrl-f and type in the name you want to change. Now press find and change the name multiple times until there is none left.
- So you have your edited file you probably still have your old file copied, if you don’t copy it and put the file in a save place where you won’t lose it. Now delete the old file out of the packed folder and press pack and look back in the folder, copy that file and replace the file with the one in the Stardew Valley game folder.
- If you did it correctly then you will have the person named in at least the friendship tab and when you talk to them, I have not tested everything out yet but it will not hurt your game file. If you didn’t do it correctly retry some things like the packing and unpacking.