This guide will show you the exact walkthrough on how to obtain 100% achievement in Dear Brother. Note that this guide contains some spoilers of the game.
Dear Brother Achievement Guide
- This game has 4 endings (2 Bad, 1 Good, 1 True).
- It’s best if you save for a few times if possible.
- It’s recommended to follow the achievement sequence if you’re lazy to do a few runs.
- It’s also possible to complete almost every achievement in a run if you’re the type who’s curious about everything.
Happily Ever After…?
- Save before entering the house (after getting the newspaper).
- Ignore every option (Just press No/Ignore) and get in.
- Talk to the brother and get the ending (Bad End 1).
The Girl and the Crow
- Load the first save, help the crow and get in the house.
- Talk to the brother and the game starts.
- Take the drinks (1 from the freezer room, 1 from the dining room) and unlock the bathroom.
- Take the rat poison and climb out the mirror.
- Look at the mirror that shows the numbers for a lock (Do not look at it if you want the achievement ‘Master Locksmith’, it’s 2982)
- Put the rat poison on the rat in the kitchen, then a mouse appears and runs around to the trap door to obtain the vinegar will give you the achievement ‘I Work Better Under Pressure’ (You may run to the door and go in again if you are focusing on the story). Overwrite the first save.
- Use vinegar on the door at the most left.
- BONUS: Once entering the darkroom, make and load the second save will make the room with lights, you’ll just have to switch ‘off’ the lights to unlock ‘Lights Out’ achievement. Then, just load back the first save if you did.
- Switch on the lights, and go to the left crate and enter the lock combination 2982 to obtain the garden key.
- Overwrite the first save before entering the garden. Then, unlock the door and go through the maze.
- After finishing the maze and the crow’s dialogue, do not interact with the tombstone and walk out. Make a second save here for 2nd run (just in case if you messed up).
- Go upstairs and walk to the door at the most right (which is nearest to you when you arrive), take the cleaning stuff from the cabinet next to the mirror.
- Use the cleaning stuff at the door on the most left and obtain the needle and string there.
- Use needle and string on the stuffed toy inside your room (door with pink board), walk into the closet door, and obtain a study pen.
- Use a study pen in the study room (the room at the middle bottom).
- Walk to the door at the top left and unlock it with 3260, obtain the clock hand from the piano on the left and unlock the puzzle to obtain the basement key.
- Make a save here as a checkpoint. Very important as you can just continue from here for the last 2 runs.
- Go downstairs and try to unlock the basement door. The crow will talk to you and choose NO. Do not unlock the basement door.
- The crow will take your base
Ignorance is Bliss
- From the second save (or any save before you went into the basement), go to the garden and interact with the tombstone to obtain memento A. Mementos will be used for the last achievement.
- Then, go back upstairs and proceed to the room with a study pen. Interact with the bookshelves on the left (until you saw the dialogue of there’s a button etc to unlock other stairs).
- Go upstairs to obtain memento B. Mementos will be used for the last achievement.
- Overwrite the save, and go to the basement. (I think there will be no more dialogues once you get any mementos, so that’s why I recommend not to take any mementos if you want to unlock 2nd bad end).
- Go to the room opposite the stairs to obtain the red orb.
- Go to the room where there’s a hole before it to obtain a hairpin and door handle.
- Go back to the room where it’s next to the previous room and place the red orb on the most left.
- Use the hairpin on the door after the red tile (most left) and go to the room in the front.
- Clear the boxes and escape to obtain a crowbar.
- Exit the room and walk to the room at the right (there’s a hole at its right).
- Push one of the boxes to the hole in the middle and walk to the table to obtain the wine. Use the crowbar to remove the wood and obtain memento C. Mementos will be used for the last achievement.
- Exit the room (use the top door) and walk back to the orb room and place both blue and red orbs at the other display box.
- Go back to the big room and use the bottom door, walk to the door where a hand is in front of it.
- Give the red hand wine. Make a new save and go into the room.
- Just push the boxes away and walk to the door at the top (do not get touched by any hands or you’ll get hallucinations aka the glitchy thingy that makes you walk weird. if you get hallucination, load your checkpoint before going in the room and start again or walk out from the door).
- Make a save here as a checkpoint. Very important as you can just continue from here for the final run.
- Obtain the key and exit the basement.
- Use the bedroom key and interact with the photo to get the ending (Good End).
The Dark Truth
- From the save in the last room, obtain the key and interact with the shelf in front of you. This only can be done if you have 3 mementos collected.
- Use the crowbar to unlock it and go in.
- Interact with the corpse and finish the dialogue.
- Exit the basement.
- Use the bedroom key and interact with the photo to get the ending (True End).
The achievements here can be done in one run. It’s recommended to do them in sequence if you’re lazy to do a few runs.
I Work Better Under Pressure
- Obtain the vinegar as soon as possible while being chased by the mouse. Speed and steady is the key.
- Mentioned in Achievements section.
- Prerequisite: Do not look at the mirror once you climbed out. Unlock the crate with the lock combination 2982.
Stop and Smell the Flowers
- Just go and interact with the vase upstairs.
- Just go and interact with the diary entries on the table in your room.
Red Handy Blue Handy
- Enter the room in front of the basement stairs, go to the most left corner and you’ll see the blue hand.
Leave No Crate Unchecked
- Just make sure you checked every crate. I’m not sure if the ones above the basement count, but just interact with every crate you see. You will unlock this achievement in the basement.
And that concludes this Dear Brother guide. Do you have any suggestions to improve this guide? Please let us know by leaving a comment below. For any other concerns, please reach us using the contact details found on the contact page.