- Title: Cave Crawlers
- Release Date: July 11, 2023
- Developer: Heroic Pyxel LLC
- Publisher: Heroic Pyxel LLC
This guide will be showing you some of the most useful tips and tricks that you can use when exploring the dungeons in Cave Crawler.
- Keep a well-stocked flashlight. To refill your flashlight, simply use another flashlight while holding your current one. Keep in mind, however, that the replenishment process consumes 1% of the torch you are using for every 1% you add to your torch. This method is not unlimited.
- Choose your weapon wisely once you find a decent one. It’s possible to go through several levels without finding a good axe, but stumble upon a sword instead. Delay committing to specific weapon skills until you find a suitable weapon or the type you prefer. Otherwise, you may find yourself investing in axe skills but not finding an axe for a significant number of floors.
- If your torch runs out, you can press “F” to strike your flint and illuminate your surroundings. Keep in mind that this is not a replacement for a real flashlight. Keep your flashlight charged and stowed away when not in use.
- Refrain from using bombs on enemies as they do minimal damage. Save the bombs for opening blocked passageways by throwing them at walls with TNT at the base.
- When playing in co-op, try to have someone proficient in torch skills and avoid duplicating skills among team members. A well-rounded team produces better results.
- Use Torch skills as a healing tool. Each floor offers two opportunities to heal three points with Torch skills, making them a valuable resource for preventing death from minor threats like bats.
- Pick either blocking or dodging as your primary defense and stick with it. Either approach offers a chance to avoid taking damage.
- Revive your teammates before they succumb to their injuries. Have someone kite enemies if necessary, and prioritize resurrection at all costs. Since death is currently permanent, survival should be a top priority.
- In co-op, distribute armor and weapons based on team roles. Allocate items to those who need them most, and share potions with those who need them most. For example, healing potions are more beneficial to the tank than the assassin.
- Avoid hitting enemies in the direction of your teammates or, if you’re alone, in the direction of potential escape routes. Backlash can be deadly.
- Circle firing is an effective tactic against most enemies. However, be careful not to get trapped in a large group of enemies.
- Slime is not harmful, but it can slow you down. If you need to kill a goblin before you can attack it, you can ignore the slime for now.
- Goblins usually appear in groups. If you encounter a lone goblin, be prepared for its companions to be nearby.
- Bats are a threat because of their speed. Prioritize bat swarms first, as they can attack quickly and bite you from unexpected angles.
- Crystal enemies are much more powerful than regular weapon-wielding enemies. Avoid rushing into confrontations with them, and try to draw them away from larger groups.
- The first boss is easier to kite than some regular enemies. Avoid panicking and backing into danger while trying to keep an eye on the boss. Instead, focus on eliminating the boss’s minions first and keeping the area clear.
- The second boss can be weakened by forcing him to recharge his crystals. Stay within a reasonable distance of the large crystals, and circle around the boss if possible.
That's everything we are sharing today for this Cave Crawlers guide. This guide was originally created and written by Waskom The Wickerbeast. In case we fail to update this guide, you can find the latest update by following this link.