This guide will be teaching you how to obtain the Heir of the Belmont Clan achievement in Castlevania Anniversary Collection.
How to Get Heir of the Belmont Clan Achievement
At first glance, this achievement appears to be simple to obtain. Once you’ve completed all of the games, the achievement will be unlocked. However, based on my own and others’ experiences, this isn’t as simple as it appears. I’ve seen instances where this achievement remains locked while the others are unlocked. This case appears strange, especially given that obtaining all of the other achievements necessitates beating all of the games (or two or four times in the case of Bloodlines and III respectively).
The reason for this has to do with flags. All of the other achievements are generally flagged as soon as the final hit for the last boss is landed and the ending cutscene begins to play. The flag for the Heir to the Belmont Clan does not appear until the credits, possibly near the end. If the player exits before hitting the flag, this achievement will not appear until the flag is hit, causing the previously mentioned issue.
Not all is lost, however, because players can re-enter the game and trigger the flag by watching the end credits for each game. This achievement should appear once all of the flags have been collected. When is it appropriate to exit the game? When the final credits roll.
- Castlevania I – When the game starts its second loop (Stage 18)
- Castlevania II – When the game returns to the Press Start screen.
- Castlevania III – When the game starts its second loop
- Super Castlevania IV – When the game starts its second loop
- Castlevania Adventure – When the games show “Presented by Konami”
- Castlevania Adventure II – When the game shows “End”
- Castlevania Bloodlines – When the Konami screen appears
- Kid Dracula – When the “End” screen appears.
Once all of the flags have been collected, the achievement should appear. If it doesn’t, it means the game was exited before reaching the flag. In that case, replay the final boss (hopefully with save states!) and then watch the credits.
And that concludes this Castlevania Anniversary Collection guide. Do you have any suggestions to improve this guide? Please let us know by leaving a comment below. For any other concerns, please reach us using the contact details found on the contact page.