- Title: Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Zombies
- Release Date:
Information about Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Zombies is still incomplete. Please help us fill the details of the game using this contact form.
Pop Goes the Weasel is the big Easter Egg in Mob of the Dead. This page will serve as a step-by-step walkthrough to obtaining it. Most of the other achievements/trophies are tied in with this one, so if some players haven’t earned them, they can when going for this one. Many of the steps can be done in different orders unless stated otherwise.
Obtain the Hell’s Retriever
The Hell’s Retriever is a Combat Axe that at least one player must have when attempting this Easter Egg. See Feed the Beast to learn how to obtain it. Short answer: Feed the three hounds around the map (Cell Block, Infirmary, and Docks), then grab the weapon in the Citadel Tunnels. All players in the game can grab it if they want.
Build and Ride Plane
This can be mixed in with the first step. It doesn’t really matter which was done first. See No One Escapes Alive to learn how to build the plane and use it to get to the Bridge.
The plane will take all players that get on the plane to the bridge. After the electric chairs appear on the bridge, use them to return to the Prison. This needs to be done three times before step six. After flying the plane, it must be refueled before being used again. Fuel will be located where the plane parts previously were.
This can be done alongside step four so the players don’t have to go up and down the entire prison, but it must be done after step one.
For this step, two spoons must be retrieved around the map. The Hell’s Retriever will be necessary before these can be obtained.
- Cell Block Spoon – This Spoon is located one or two cells down from the Warden’s Office. Use the Hell’s Retriever to rip the poster down inside the cell, revealing an afterlife emblem behind it. Enter the afterlife and go through the blue door opposite the Warden’s Office door. A spoon should be on the floor inside this area. Zap it with some electricity until you hear a laugh.
- Cafeteria Spoon – This spoon is located behind the barricaded window at the back of the cafeteria. Aim the Hell’s Retriever at the spoon on the food cart on the left side of the window.
This can be done alongside step three so your team doesn’t have to go up and down the entire prison, but it must be done after step one.
For this step, players must retrieve five skulls around the map with the Hell’s Retriever. The skulls can be seen when in the Afterlife. If your team is having trouble locating the exact position, have one player go into the afterlife and shoot electricity at the location. It seems the skulls do not have to be collected in a specific order, but it’s best to retrieve the one in the warden’s office last.
- Cell Blocks Skull – One skull is located in a cell just outside the library. A skull is on a shelf, but you need to aim the Hell’s Retriever at the toilet. Throw it to retrieve a skull.
- Roof Skull – One skull is located on the rooftop. Head to the left side of the roof where there are no obstructions from looking over. Throw the Hell’s Retriever slightly towards the corner of the rooftop that’s jutting out.
- Docks Skull 1 – One skull is located at the top part of the docks near Jugger-Nog. Throw the Hell’s Retriever at the lamp post (street light, whatever) that’s above the entrance/exit to the docks.
- Docks Skull 2 – One skull is located at the bottom of the docks. Look over to another dock to the right of the tower trap. Throw the Hell’s Retriever on the third wooden pillar to obtain the skull.
- Warden’s Office Skull – One skull is located on a power line outside the Warden’s Office. Look out the window to the right of the Speed Cola machine to see the power lines across the street. Throw the Hell’s Retriever towards the left part of the wooden + on the power line post. It’s best to get this skull last because a Blundergat will appear out of the desk in this room after all skulls are collected.
Upgrade the Blundergat
The Blundergat can be upgraded to the Acidgat by building an Acid Gat Kit on one of the Workbenches in the prison. The three parts for building the kit are located in the starting area of the Cell Blocks (near the library), the Infirmary, and the Warden’s Office. Craft all three parts on a table, then put the Blundergat on the table to turn it into the Acidgat. This is tied in with the Acid Drip achievement/trophy.
Zap the Voltmeters in Citadel Tunnels
This step can only be done after flying the plane to the bridge three times. After that has been done, head to the Citadel Tunnel’s massive spiral staircase. Specific numbers must be entered in the three voltmeters at the bottom. It’s nearly impossible to enter all four numbers in one afterlife, so get a teammate to revive the downed player, and have another teammate finish the number sequence when the first teammate falls. These numbers are:
Collect Audio Logs
This step can only be done after step six. Collect all audio logs on the way to the rooftop. The audio logs look like Power-Ups, but they’re in the shape of headphones.
Take the Plane in the Afterlife
Do not refuel the plane for another trip! Have all players enter Afterlife just below the roof, in the Infirmary, then jump onto the plane’s wings on the rooftop. When your team reaches the bridge, revive your bodies in the electric chairs.
The final step is to kill Weasel or for Weasel to kill all other players. Whichever happens, Pop Goes the Weasel will unlock, and the game will end.
Easter Egg Completion
Congrats, you’ve just beaten the MOTD Easter Egg! Hope this guide was helpful and pushed you through it!
That's everything we are sharing today for this Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Zombies guide. This guide was originally created and written by SunkenMedal. In case we fail to update this guide, you can find the latest update by following this link.