Check out this Among Us guide to learn how to be a better impostor in the game. Discover how you can fake and sabotage anyone and win the round in Among Us.
Being an impostor in Among Us is one of the best moments in the game. All you have to do is kill everyone without being thrown out of the ship. To do this, you have to do some various task to distract the other players. If you’re having a hard time winning Among Us as an impostor, make sure to check the tips below.
How to Be a Good Impostor in Among Us
Use Vent Wisely
Venting may seem like an easy thing, go from point A to point B but there are some ways you can dodge a lot of suspicious. I’m going to Mira-HQ because it seems to be the casual player map. My reasoning, if you are playing Skeld, you are probably still starting to learn the game. If you are playing Polus, you have enough of an idea to be able to know what to do at that point. Okay, so a good way to get a quick and easy kill with no sus close to the start of the game.
- Run with everyone else and linger around Medbay pretending to wait for someone to scan while actually just waiting for your Kill Cooldown.
- Next show people that you were walking to the balcony/cafe and shut downlights.
- Vent up to lights and wait for your first victim.
- Kill them and vent right on back down to the balcony or cafe.
When the body inevitably gets reported by the one lonely soul, you can go along with everyone saying its a self-report and you just got 2 people out the game right there.
Good Job you know some basic venting strategies, some other good ones are to pretend to be AFK at launchpad, wait for everyone to leave, vent and kill than vent back to Launch and you can say “What happened? I was AFK at launch”. Another good one is to go to the lab, shut off lights, vent over and wait for a stack kill chance. Great onto the next thing, faking tasks.
Doing Some Fake Tasks
Faking tasks, a lot easier to do on Polus since it is so big and you will probably only see like one other person at a time in a task location. You can go onto the task while they are and easily wait for them to jump off the task, do it a little after they do and they probably won’t notice that you didn’t really do the task. Leave this person alive they might be able to clear you unless you already have suspect around you then kill them as soon as they try to leave your presence.
Another slightly more suspicious way for an earlier game so you can easily dodge it is to sabotage comms while on a task, no taskbar, no worries like I said more for the early game when someone probs won’t call you out on it looking for the win. Long tasks are easier because if someone sees you start one and they leave, they think you were just engaged in a long task like start reactor or something.
There are a few ways to do this and a few different types
- Sabotage doors and vent.
- Stand on button/body to kill as soon as they call/report.
- Lurk in a vent and wait for someone to come do a task nearby.
- Trick someone into self-reporting your kill.
- Okay, that last one seems weird so I will go into further detail. In late game when you have a few people left, you can stand on a body and instead of murdering the person about to report it, let them report and say me and (color) were in a stack and then (color who reported) came up and killed them not knowing I was there.
That’s it for todays Among Us tips. For this Among Us article, we would like to commend EpicBoog for this guide.
And that's all for this Among Us guide. Do you have any suggestions or tips to improve this guide for Among Us? If yes, then make sure to leave a comment down below. This guide has been made possible by Brian Haynes. You can check him out by simply clicking his name.