- Title: Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links
- Release Date:
A playable character centered deck based on the anime series Yu-Gi-Oh Arc V.
Declan Akaba Anime History
The current CEO of Leo Corp., after his father has gone missing; founder of the Lancers, a group of duelists whose aim is to defend their world from other dimensions; and someone besides Yuya Sasaki (Main Protagonist) who knows well how to use the four summoning methods: Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, and even Pendulum. His position in the company and his D/D themed deck centered around his ace card: D/D/D Doom King Armageddon make him a formidable opponent.
Deck’s powers and weaknesses
His deck’s power revolves around using monsters from hand, field, and GY to special summon monsters with high attack and effects varying from reviving cards from the GY to destroying spells/traps on the field. Cycling between the different summoning methods makes it easy to use effects that interact with each other. A huge factor between all of those are most of the cards in the deck are pendulum cards, meaning he is able to pendulum summon multiple high leveled monsters and progress seamlessly with other summoning methods.
His deck’s main weakness is the fact that he needs to special summon monsters to gain the upper hand in the battle. Sealing that ability makes it hard to win with just his normal summoned monsters. Needless to say, his deck’s spells prove quite troublesome to use; although they have powerful effects that help him switch between summoning methods or acquire the specific card in need, they come with deadly side effects: the player’s own life points. This “price to pay” can be easily negated by playing a fusion monster: D/D/D Oracle King D’Arcor by simply removing the spells/traps (preferably via Contract Launderingamong other effects), as long as those actions remain viable or endure the constantly reducing LP.
With the powers and weaknesses in mind, I can only come on one realization-
It is a powerful rapid-fire deck, so long as you can special summon from different methods, avoid getting your own LP depleted, and your opponent fails to prevent your attacks.
My Personal Decklist
My intention is to quickly pendulum summon high level monsters using pendulum cards, transition to either fusion, synchro, or xyz monsters with or without the use of dark contract cards attack the opponent head on and win.
Key cards for
- D/D/D Doom King Armageddon– its pendulum effect allows a monsters to gain 800 ATK
or if pendulum summoned, cannot be destroyed by effects that do not target the card itself
- D/D/D Rebel King Leonidas– helps against the effect damage inflicted by the dark contract cards
- D/D/D Savant Galilei and Kepler– helps pendulum summon easily (Gallilei starts with pendulum scale of 1 moving up to 10 which is the exact polar opposite of Kepler
- D/D/D Supersight King Zero Maxwell– reduces an opponents defense points to 0
- D/D/D Chaos King Apocalypse– special summons itself from the pendulum zone when you banish 2 D/D monsters from your GY
- D/D/D Destiny King Zero Laplace– When this card attacks a monster, its ATK becomes double the opponent’s monster and inflicts piercing damage on DEF positioned monsters. The first time this card would be destroyed, it is not, and you avoid battle damage involving that battle
- D/D Swirl Slime– sends itself and one other monster from the hand to the grave in order to fusion summon + banishes itself in order to special summon one D/D monster from the hand (super helpful)
- Dark Contract with the Gate– allows the player access to any monster from the deck once per turn (helpful in acquiring D/D Swirl Slime or any other monster for fusion summoningConsequence of using: 1000 LP damage per standby phase
- Dark Contract with the Swamp KIng– allows the player to fusion summon once per turn from hand,field,and GY
without the use of polymerizationConsequence of using: 1000 LP damage per standby phase
- Forbidden Dark Contract with the Swamp KIng– allows the player to special summon one D/D/D monster once per turn in defense position which can be fusion summoned with cards from the hand and fieldConsequence of using: 2000 LP damage per standby phase
- D/D/D Flame High King Genghis– allows the special summon of one monster from the GY when a D/D monster is summoned/special summoned + negates one spell or track once per turn
- D/D/D Dragonbane King Beowulf– grants all D/D monsters piercing damage + allows the destruction of all spells and traps during the standby phases ( in line with D/D/D Supersight King Zero Maxwell )
- D/D/D Oracle King D’Arc– any effect damage heals you instead
- D/D Orthros– can be special summoned upon taking battle or effect damage, a level 4 tuner
- D/D Nighthowl– upon normal summon, revives 1 D/D monster with 0 ATK and DEF ( for Synchro summoning )
- D/D Berfomet– has the ability to adjust another monster’s level once per turn ( helpful for Synchro summoning )
- D/D/D Gust King Alexander– When a D/D is normal/special summoned, this card brings back one level four or lower D/D monster from GY to the field
- D/D/D Gust High King Alexander– Gains 3000 ATK when 3 D/D/D monsters are in play. When a D/D is normal/special summoned, this card brings back one D/D monster from GY to the field
- D/D Berfomet– has the ability to adjust another monster’s level once per turn ( helpful for XYZ summoning )
- D/D/D Wave King Ceasar– by detaching one overlay card, it can restore every monster destroyed this turn and then take 500 damage for each monster revived by this effect
- D/D/D Marskman King Tell– can be XYZ summoned by using a rank 4 D/D/D monster as material. When taking effect damage, once per turn, decrease 1 opponent monster’s ATK/DEF by 1000 and inflict it as effect damage to opponent
- D/D/D Super Doom King Dark Armageddon– Prevents destruction of pendulum monsters by card effects. Detaching one overlay material from this card allows you to destroy opponent’s monsters equal to the number of pendulum monsters you control. When this card is destroyed you can set it in an empty pendulum zone
- Dark Contract with the Yamimakai– Can either bring a pendulum monster from the GY or Extra Deck to an empty pendulum zone.Consequence of using: 1000 LP damage per standby phase
- Dark Contract with the Witch– Discard one D/D or Dark Contract card to destroy one card on the field, all fiend type monsters on your side of the field gain 1000 ATK during the opponents turn onlyConsequence of using: 1000 LP damage per standby phase
- Dark Contract with Errors– Disables the activation of opponent’s trap cardsConsequence of using: 1000 LP damage per standby phase
- D/D/D Contract Change– Activates when opponent’s monster attacks, either banish one D/D/D monster from GY to decrease enemy monster’s ATK by the banished monster’s ATK or add one level four or lower pendulum monster from the deck to the hand
- D/D/D Human Resources– Shuffles 3 D/D monsters from either GY, hand, and field then choose 2 D/D monsters from the deck and add it to the hand
- Pendulum Reborn– targets one pendulum monster from the GY, then special summons it on the field
That's everything we are sharing today for this Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links guide. This guide was originally created and written by knitflix72. In case we fail to update this guide, you can find the latest update by following this link.