- Title: Your Chronicle
- Release Date: April 5, 2021
- Developer: Samurai Games
- Publisher: Samurai Games
Defeating Sigurd in a duel is a must to get the “Thirst for Victory” ending, but it can get pretty tough if you’re not ready. This guide aims to spell out what you need and a basic plan to conquer him and snag that sixth ending. Just a heads up, there might be some minor spoilers ahead.
The Sigurd duel event occurs within a Dungeon in the Academic City. However, it’s crucial to note that this event becomes accessible only when specific conditions are met, and even then, you need to be exceptionally strong to stand a chance.
- Defeat the Serious Spearma.
- After reincarnation, defeat Serious Father before leaving the village.
- Choose the ‘Decline training’ option in the village.
- Accumulate 50 million levels in ‘Status Up’ on the Astral World page and purchase all upgrades there.
- Complete all other endings a minimum of 5 times (as you’ll need a substantial amount of destiny).
- Unlock and fully level up all allies in your party (more on this in the next section).
- Fully level up all equipment for your party.
- Attain the title ‘Sense of Villain’.
- Have at least 10 Queue slots (clear pride reincarnations for this).
- Possess at least 5 auto-eat slots (clear pride reincarnations for this).
- Accumulate at least 500 Envy levels in Max HP.
- Accumulate at least 200 Envy levels in Physical Defense.
At this point in the game, it’s assumed that you automatically assign 1 Habit to almost every skill after a Dark Ritual or Reincarnation, so we won’t delve into full details here. If you need specifics, consult the Serious Spearman guide mentioned under Hard Requirements. Just ensure that you invest Habit in all sensible areas like Familiar, Will, various class skills, and Energy to align with your playstyle.
Keep defeating the guardians for sin and complaints, and allocate some gold into Sacred Ritual to gain inspiration for more Status Up levels.
In the Academic City, your options are limited compared to the bonuses in HP, defense, and attack you can acquire after graduation, particularly in the Dragon Village. However, you can still make the most of your situation. The farthest you can go is the Dragon’s Nest in the Ancient Ruins, but the bonuses there are quite modest compared to what you’ll find in the Dragon Village.
So, when you’re stuck in the Academic City, your best bet to prepare for facing Sigurd is to focus on the Gluttony aspect.
Sloth: Once you’ve completed all the meaningful tasks available in your current areas, configure your Sloth Overlay as follows:
- Lostlorn Forest – Abyss (3x)
- Rocky Hill – Top (2x)
- Dragon’s Nest (1x)
- Milk Cow (1x)
- Harvest Wheat (2x)
- Catch Fish (1x)
Other (order is important here!):
- Make Firewood (1x)
- Make Bread (1x)
- Make Dessert Carnival (1x)
- Make Baked Apple (1x)
- Make Anchovy Sandwich (1x)
Gluttony: Set your auto-eat slots to the following:
- Milk (for Physical Defense)
- Egg (not specifically needed for Sigurd, but it helps with Satiety)
- Anchovy Sandwich (for Physical Defense)
- Baked Apple (for Max HP)
- Dessert Carnival (for Physical Defense and Max HP)
To obtain Honey and Wood, ensure that the Queen Bee and Tree Golem are in your party while grinding for Gluttony. For dungeons, make sure that the first attacker in your party uses a quick attack that doesn’t exhaust them, like Wind Step with high Wind regen, to speed up the dungeon grinding.
It’s also helpful to invest some Envy levels in Dungeon Reward to increase the yield from dungeon bosses, which will boost the speed of your Gluttony grinding. Additionally, consider putting 2000+ levels into Greed – Dungeon Reward for an additional 45%+ bonus and, optionally, also in Greed – Drop chance+ to increase loot drops from bosses.
Dark Ritual: Don’t forget to keep performing your Dark Rituals, as they reset the Gluttony costs and increase your Satiety. This will help you maintain your progress.
When preparing your party to face Sigurd, a warrior who relies on physical attacks, it’s essential to maximize your Physical Defense (P.Def) and HP, with Magic Attack (M.Atk) or Physical Attack (P.Atk) as secondary considerations. Here’s a recommended party setup and equipment list for this purpose:
- Greedy Beast
- Rage Goblin
- Fire Drake
- Jack of Clubs
- You (your character)
- Gravekeeper Ghoul
- Skeleton Warrior
- First Horn
- Goblin Elite
- Barbaric Fool
- Weapon: Steel Sword (for P.Def) or Wooden Sword (for P.Atk)
- Off-Hand: Magic Wand (for P.Atk) or Overlord’s Sword (for P.Def)
- Accessory: Spirit Orb (for P.Atk) or Bamboo Chariot (for P.Def)
- Armor: Magician’s Robe (for P.Atk) or Adventurer’s Armor (for P.Def)
- Secondary Equipment: Prioritize P.Def and Max HP, and adjust based on your playstyle (M.Atk or P.Atk).
Title: Equip the ‘Sense of Villain’ title as it provides more HP and P.Def compared to ‘Blessing of the Flame,’ which is beneficial when facing a physically oriented opponent like Sigurd.
With this setup, your party will be well-equipped to withstand Sigurd’s physical attacks, making it easier to defeat him and achieve victory in your quest.
The Duel with Sigurd
Facing Sigurd, who relies on quick physical attacks similar to the Serious Spearman, requires a tactical approach centered around tanking his potent blows with high HP and Physical Defense. Here’s a battle strategy to handle Sigurd:
- Equip your party as described in this guide.
- Put all your familiar levels into ‘Greater Demon.’
- Enable the Physical Formation at the start of the battle for an additional Physical Defense bonus.
- Greedy Beast should be capable of withstanding the first hit and not instantly succumbing. There’s even a chance for Greedy Beast to make a quick attack on Sigurd (e.g., using Spirit Roar), but this attack isn’t crucial.
- Afterward, Rage Goblin will likely perish in one hit, and Fire Drake should endure at least one attack.
- Jack of Clubs will also get taken down in one hit and will target you, but you should be able to survive one hit.
- Now, the pivotal moment arrives! Sigurd needs to rest after unleashing 7 attacks, granting you a substantial window to inflict heavy damage. You can use a skill like Wind Canon, which takes 3.0 seconds and deals 40 Magic Attack. Sigurd has 3.36Sx HP, so ensure you’re using the appropriate Formation, either Physical or Magical, based on your chosen attack type.
- If you can’t eliminate Sigurd in one hit, consider continuing to grind Gluttony and investing more Envy levels in your preferred attack for added firepower.
This strategy will help you endure Sigurd’s relentless attacks and give you the opportunity to strike back effectively, eventually defeating him and progressing in your quest.
After conquering Sigurd, your journey continues. To avoid spoilers, let’s move forward in your quest.
For the “Thirst for Victory” ending in Chapter 6 (C6), you can employ the same setup and strategy that served you well against Sigurd. However, it’s advisable to maximize your character’s stats by exploring all the other areas, particularly the Holy City and Dragon Village, before venturing into the Demon Kingdom. This will enhance your overall strength and improve your chances of success as you progress through the story.
That's everything we are sharing today for this Your Chronicle guide. This guide was originally created and written by Mixxiphoid. In case we fail to update this guide, you can find the latest update by following this link.