- Title: Yooka-Laylee
- Release Date:
Information about Yooka-Laylee is still incomplete. Please help us fill the details of the game using this contact form.
This guide will show you how to get 100% achievement in Yooka-Laylee.
So if you’re not familiar with the core gameplay of Yooka-Laylee (congratulations for picking this wonderful game btw), it revolves around you collecting pagies, which are the equivalent of Super Mario 64’s stars, and using them to unlock new worlds and defeat bosses. Pagies are acquired via completing challenges in each of the 6 areas.
Don’t worry about missing anything in this guide. First of all, Yooka-Laylee has NO MISSABLE ACHIEVEMENTS. You can go back and get everything after defeating the final boss if you want to. Also, I will try my hardest to avoid spoilers. The other thing I wanted to mention was that I tried to write this guide in such a way that organizes all of the achievements in the order you (should) will obtain them.
- Estimated Time to 100%: 15-20 Hours
- Estimated 100% Difficulty: 5/10
Opening and Tribalstack Tropics (10/35)
Turning a Pagie – Collect your first Pagie
- This achievement is super straightforward. Shortly after starting the game, you will acquire your first Pagie.
The adventure begins – Unlock the first Grand Tome world
- This achievement is also super easy. Simply roll up the ramp and open up the book to Tribalstack Tropics.
Sssserpent Ssssenpai – Purchase a move from Trowzer
- Make your way over to Trowzer (the funny red snake dude) and purchase a move from him. These moves require quills, the game’s currency. You can find these all around each area.
Bottom’s Up – Unlock and equip a Tonic
- Ignoring the fact that the name of this achievement reminds me of Guns N’ Roses (bad joke), simply walk up to the weird-looking sponge lady in front of the temple. She’ll have a huge list of tonics, which act as perks that enhance gameplay. You’ll see the requirements listed for each tonic and many are not hard to get at all.
Size matters – Expand a Grand Tome world
- The game explains this mechanic to you, but in case you missed it, after you collect a certain quantity of pagies, you can expand a world so that you can collect more pagies and quills.
Slippery Slope – Defeat the World 1 boss
- After you’ve expanded the world, a little slope will appear above a temple to the left of spawn. Go up and encounter the boss. Simply roll up the hill and tail whip his teeth while avoiding his fire.
When I’m 64 – Successfully complete one of Rextro’s arcade games
- You may have noticed an arcade machine towards the back right of the world. This is Rextro’s arcade. Hidden in each world is an arcade token. Once you find it, you can deliver it to Rextro and he’ll let you play each of his games. Simply play through the arcade game to get this achievement.
What’s a leaderboard? – Get the high score in one of Rextro’s Arcade Games
- You can complete this achievement immediately after the last one. Just replay the game and beat the high score (which is almost always easy)
Kartos returns – Complete one of Kartos’s minecart challenges
- This one is super easy. In the back corner of the world lies a giant structure that’s impossible to miss. Towards the middle of it lies Kartos the minecart. Talk to him to initiate the challenge. All you need to do is collect whatever amount of gems he tells you to get on the track. You can jump, boost, and shoot objects.
Squid’s in – Get transformed by Dr. Puzz for the first time
- In each world, there’s a collectible called a Mollycool. If you bring these to Dr. Puzz (the weird Splatoon girl), you get a wacky new transformation (which I won’t spoil for you). Each of these transformations can be used to unlock new pagies and get quills.
Quackfire Quiz and Glitterglaze Glaciers (14/35)
Quackers – Complete one of Dr. Quack’s Quackfire Quizzes
- This (I think) pops on the way to World 2, Glitterglaze Glaciers). All you need to do is answer his questions correctly to advance. If you get three wrong, you have to start over. Also, try to answer quickly because then you get the speed bonus, which advances you by two spaces rather than one. Throughout the game, you will encounter three Quackfire Quizzes.
License to Quill – Collect your first 200 quills
- This one is pretty straightforward. You should have this one at some point in World 2, since there are 200 quills in each world, so that’s why I put it here. You also need to make sure you’re getting quills because you NEED certain moves to progress through the game.
Pagie Rampagie – Collect 30 Pagies
- Again, a very straightforward achievement. You should also have this one fairly easily after exploring both worlds 1 and 2.
Knocking down walls – Defeat the World 2 boss
- Make your way through the Icymetric Palace, which only opens after expanding the world. In the end, you’ll face the World 2 boss. Simply light the torches behind him and he will burn as he moves around the room. Be careful avoiding his snowballs, as he really starts pumping them out at the end.
Moodymaze Marsh (16/35)
VERY FEW ACHIEVEMENTS UNLOCK FROM THIS WORLD (other than some collectibles I’ll go over later)
Thinking Big – Expand three Grand Tome worlds
- This one will pretty much just happen. Just collect enough pagies to expand this world.
Creep from the deep – Defeat the World 3 boss
- This boss (arguably the best one in the game and you can’t say otherwise or else) is really fun and easy. Avoid his tentacle swinging back and forth and then spin the eyes on it when he’s stunned. His big eye will appear on the left or the right of the arena, so go up and spin it three times before it goes away.
Quackfire Quiz and Capital Cashino (19/35)
There’s another Quackfire Quiz on the way to World 4 (from what I remember) Same rules apply to this quiz. Just do your best to remember things (lol)
A little tip for pagies in World 4: Capital Cashino works differently from the other worlds in that it doesn’t really have pagies just scattered around. You collect casino coins and bring them to the dude at the front and he will give you a pagie for 10 coins. You can find these in different minigames, hidden areas, slot machines, and broken slot machines that can be destroyed by the transformation in this world
Fits the Quill – Collect 500 Quills
- This one should unlock naturally. You may even have it at this point since Worlds 1-4 contain 800 quills total.
The Agie of Pagie – Collect 75 Pagies
- Again, this one should unlock pretty naturally. Just expand World 4 whenever you can to open up new areas.
Obsolete – Defeat the World 4 boss
- Fair warning, this boss is actually hard. Like pretty difficult. It has three different phases with no way to recover health. The first phase is pretty simple, just avoid (or shoot) the objects, and right when the bosses’ face turns red, shoot him. The second phase amps up the difficulty a bit. You have to shoot him and then jump over him and boost at the same time. He’ll also move back towards you, so jump and then brake when he does. Pay attention because he’ll do some fakeouts too! The third phase is a little easier. He’ll shoot rockets in front of you and you just need to jump over them and let them hit him.
Galleon Galaxy (23/35)
Open books – Unlock every Grand Tome world
Super Sized – Expand all five Grand Tome worlds
Sssmashing – Purchase all of Trowzer’s moves
- At this point, you should only be missing one move since you need many of the others to progress. If I remember correctly, this final move costs 100 quills.
Planetary Annihilation – Defeat the World 5 boss
- This boss is fairly easy (easier than the last one) Use the pirate ship (sorry for the spoiler) transformation to shoot the craters on the boss and avoid the meteors until it dies.
Quackfire Quiz and Final Boss (26/35)
There is one more Quackfire Quiz right before the final boss. This one is a little bit harder. This quiz takes place right after you enter the door leading to the final boss. You need 100 pagies to access it.
Before you fight the boss, I recommend going back through each world and getting the power and health extenders. There are six of each, one in each area. They are extremely helpful, as this boss fight is long and has no health butterflies. These are not needed to beat the boss but are highly recommended.
Raising the bar – Collect all 6 health extender items
Bar star – Collect all 6 power extender items
Out of business – Defeat Capital B at the end of the game
Alrighty, you’re at the final boss. I wouldn’t say it’s as hard as I.N.E.P.T. was, but the fact that this boss fight is so long without any butterflies makes it hard. This boss fight is 7. PHASES. LONG. All of them are really straightforward, but I’ll still explain them.
- Phase 1: Use super echo on the bees and then spin Capital B to make him fall over. Buddy-slam him.
- Phase 2: Defeat the little enemies and shoot Capital B with iceballs.
- Phase 3: Avoid Capital B’s slams and then spin him and buddy-slam him.
- Phase 4: Same as 3 but with hive bombs. Avoid their aftershocks.
- Phase 5 and 6: Same thing but the bees are back. Remember to use super echo.
- Phase 7: Capital B will launch rockets. Fly high in the sky and lure the rockets back towards him to defeat him.
Cleanup Achievements (35/35)
From someone else’s book – Collect all 145 pagies
- There are 25 pagies in all 5 worlds and 20 pagies in Hivory Towers.
Potion Commotion – Unlock 15 Tonics
- Check the requirements for each tonic. At this point in the game, I had almost all of them. There is 16 total and you only need 15.
Book spook – Collect your first Ghost Writer
- There’s a good chance you already got this one at some point, but in case you didn’t, each world has 5 hidden ghosts to collect, each requiring a different tactic.
Grabbed the ghouls – Collect every Ghost Writer in the Grand Tome worlds
Had one’s Quill – Collect all 1,010 Quills
- There are 200 quills in each Grand Tome world. They are pretty easy to find IMO and you will most likely see them as you find pagies. Also, a little tip, select the “Hunter” tonic from Vendi and you will hear a little whistle near areas of interest (pagies, quills, etc.) There are 10 quills in Hivory Towers, specifically Shipwreck Creek (the opening area).
Petty vandalism – Disrespect the Idol
- In the very beginning area in Hivory Towers lies a giant statue of Capital B. Fly up to its nose and buddy-slam it. This will not only get you an achievement, but also a power extender (so you may have already gotten this achievement).
Private Pillage – Find any one of the pirate treasure items
- Each world has (I know right, ANOTHER COLLECTIBLE??!) a treasure item. Tribalstack tropic’s treasure is hidden underneath the boss fight area near the Nimbus road, Glitterglaze Glaciers’ treasure is inside of the underwater cave, Moodymaze Marsh’s treasure is on top of the factory, Capital Cashino’s treasure is at spawn inside of a lamp, and Galleon Galaxy’s treasure is on top of one of the buildings inside the Velocity Terminal (the giant meatball).
Secret Salvage – Find any three of the pirate treasure items
Captain’s Cache – Find all five of the pirate treasure items
That's everything we are sharing today for this Yooka-Laylee guide. This guide was originally created and written by Big Mack. In case we fail to update this guide, you can find the latest update by following this link.