Are you one of the players of Warpips and want to improve your gameplay? If yes, this guide will surely help you.
Warpips Strategy Tips
- Check the arms dealer after every Battle. Buy all base turrets and heavy gunners.
- Spend your war bucks on the recruitment center first. In battle, these can be used as an emergency supply to give you extra cash at the beginning of a map if things go badly at the start.
- Academy is the next best upgrade, followed by the vehicle bay upgrades and then the barracks upgrades.
- The water-cooled turrets in the weapons depot is also a really good upgrade that you can take as early as you want if you find yourself using the Base turret a lot.
- Plan your route through the map before going into battles. If you can help if you don’t want to run out of Warpips or base turrets+heavy gunners.
- Cutting a path straight to the final mission on a map (but not actually playing the final mission) is a good option. From there you can work backward, taking the missions that give the best rewards or the missions that you have the best loadout for (see tactics section).
- Keep watch of the enemy army strength, unless your feeling brave/confident play the final mission on an island before this reaches the maximum level (this is why the previous advice of cutting a path straight to the final mission is advised). You will have a hard time on the final map if this bar reaches the maximum level.
- Deploy your troops in blobs, try not to deploy extra in drips and drabs. Wait until they all die before deploying another blob.
- Don’t upgrade veterancy bars until you can upgrade the full level in one go.
- Depending on your loadout and map you will want to make different choices. The 3 different choices are:
- Increasing total pips
- Leveling up veterancy
- Leveling up cash boost
- When using mercs you will want to focus on Leveling up vetetancy first. You will need to compliment mercs with something to help delay the enemy until their veterancy is max. The best 2 options are the shield pip or using a combination of the small turret and sandbags.
- When using Warpips you will want to focus on increasing pip total first. Try increasing pip total until all of your money is spent before upgrading vetetancy.
- When using heavy gunner you will want to focus on upgrading veterancy first and then cash boost. As this unit has a timer on it, it is best combined with the Base turret. Only use the Base turret when it has 100% accuracy.
- The tactician is good vs vehicles but needs support. Only field 1 tactician at a time, along with other units.
- Dogs are good against hero units but are also good at thinning out large groups of the enemy and clearing mines (sorry pups).
- Snipers are best used in a large group. Use delaying tactics (base turret, small turret+sandbags) whilst gradually increasing your horde of snipers. Sniper cannot target the enemy objective so you will need to take either mercs, Warpips, or heavy gunner along to finish the job.
- Vehicles are best used against the same type of enemy vehicle- tank vs tank etc.
- The LRV vehicle is a good all-around vehicle to take on difficult missions that haven’t got enemy jeeps/tanks. It is best after the first veterancy level.
- The puma jeep is best used at full veterancy.
- The ramrod tank needs infantry support, a heavy gunner is advised. It is also good to increase vetetancy on this by at least 1 level.
- Smoke grenades are good when used with heavy gunners, but also you can aim them at enemy mines to set them off.
- Gas grenades are even better at triggering enemy mines as they also damage infantry that moves through them.
- Drones are the best choice for clearing enemy mines but are also good to use against enemy structures (guard towers). Another great use is to aim them at explosives barrels, mainly to remove them from your path so that they don’t Squad wipe you.
- Health boost is best combined with the heavy gunner.
- Oil derricks are very risky to use. I advise not using them at all and upgrade your cash boost button instead. They become less risky when combining with the upgrade modular pieces in the engineering corps branch on the upgrade screen.
- Ic7 bulwark missiles are best used against enemy tanks.
- Oil barrels should be saved for the last few missions.
- To sum up, these are my preferred item compositions:
- Merc+shield+sniper+small turret+sandbags
- Heavy gunner+base turret+merc+health boost
- LRV+base turret+merc/Warpips
- Vs mines use drones/gas/smoke grenades
- Vs hero unit use dogs
- Vs tanks use ic7 bulwark missiles or ramrod
And finally 1 more advanced tip:
Don’t be scared of using the emergency supply cash (the red box that opens up when enemies get close to your base). Although this emergency supply deducts 1 of your pip supply, THIS IS ONLY TEMPORARY. You will get this pip back after a couple of minutes.
This game is in early access and so future changes may make parts of this guide irrelevant.
And that concludes this Warpips guide. Help us improve this guide by leaving your suggestions in the comment section below.