100% achievement guide for Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales. The guide is categorized as follows:
- Story Achievements: story achievements will mostly be unlocked through regular gameplay, however, some can be missed.
- Combat Achievements: combat achievements are unlocked during battles or puzzles.
- Collection Achievements: collection achievements are mostly unlocked by collecting resources, cards, trinkets, etc.
- Miscellaneous Achievements: achievements that do not cleanly fit into the previous categories.
I’ll show them! – Finish the Thronebreaker tutorial.
- Awarded for completing the tutorial in Lyria.
Never give up, never surrender! – Complete the main story line for Lyria.
- Awarded for completing the Lyria map.
Lord of the Moulderwood – Defeat Eldain.
- Awarded for winning the Eldain fight in Aedirn.
Among the Ashes – Complete the main story line for Aedirn.
- Awarded for completing the Aedirn map.
Perfectly harmless… – Defeat Kelltulis the dragon.
- Awarded for winning the Kelltulis fight in Mahakam.
NOTE: Killing or sparing Kelltulis after the fight does not affect this achievement.
We have the high ground! – Complete the main story line for Mahakam.
- Awarded for completing the Mahakam map.
Revenge is best served cold… – Kill count Caldwell.
- Awarded for winning the Caldwell fight in Angren.
Gvaern Ichaer – Defeat Gernichora.
- Awarded for winning the Gernichora fight in Angren.
Witcher to the Rescue – Complete the main story line for Angren.
- Awarded for completing the Angren map.
There’s no place like home… – Complete the main story line for Rivia.
- Awarded for completing the Rivia map.
Return of the Queen – Finish the Thronebreaker campaign.
- Awarded for completing the Epilogue after the Rivia map.
The following achievements may be missed during regular gameplay
Distillation of Filth – Kill the Manticore.
- Upon meeting Eyck, ask “How goes your hunt?” followed by “I shall help you…” and finally “I insist”. After this, you must win the Manticore fight.
NOTE: After completing the “For Melitele” battle you must return the gold to the cloister otherwise this is not available.
For the Good Book states… – Recruit Eyck into your army.
- Awarded after killing the manticore from the “Distillation of Filth” quest.
Arf! Arf! Grrr… – Recruit the dog into your army.
- Knickers can be found on the Aedirn map, after recruiting Xavier.
1. Do no harm – Recruit Isbel into your army.
- Isbel can be recruited after the “Bandit Stronghold” battle.
Out of the sizzlixer into the fire – Recruit Barnabus Beckenbauer into your army.
- Barnabus is found in Mahakam, for his many crimes against dwarf kind you must buy his freedom.
All Present and Accounted For – Win a non-Puzzle Battle without any of your units being killed.
- There are many battles early on in which enemies have little to no damage, use Meve’s boost leader as a safety net.
Was that supposed to hurt? – Win a non-Puzzle Battle with less than 10 damage taken in total.
- Similar to All Present and Accounted For, there are battles early on with minimal damage, if the AI plays a card with a damage order, try to remove it quickly. Armour is also helpful.
Once more! Again! – Use Meve to trigger allies’ Loyal abilities 100 times.
- Play as many loyal units as possible and use leader when it is off cooldown.
Party’s over! – Kill 9 enemies simultaneously.
- In the first battle of the Aedirn map “Not a Living Soul” play a pitfall trap melee, then play a pitfall trap ranged. Once the AI has played two Alpha Wolves one will have 9 strength. Use the Rivian Broadsword on the 9 power wolf. When the AI has filled the melee row with 8 Nekkers, it will pass. Each Nekker has 5 power, use the Lyrian Horn and then the Rivian Broadsword to kill them and the 5 strength Alpha Wolf.
In Good Company – Play 5 or more characters in one battle.
- Can be achieved as soon as Xavier is recruited, standard battles are best for this.
Those gears are turning… – Complete 20 Puzzles.
- Awarded for completing 20 puzzles through the course of the game.
I have the power! – End a round with a score of over 300.
- Play Reinforcements onto a Scytheman and use Meve’s boost leader. Lyrian Merlot may also help.
Plutocracy – Earn 10,000 or more gold.
- Collect all the pickups and pick choices that reward you with gold.
I’ll probably need this later… – Gather 5,000 wood throughout the game.
- Once again, collect all the pickups and pick choices that reward the most wood.
Hoarder – Obtain 10 trinkets.
- Collect card fragments to craft them into trinkets. Puzzles and battles can also have trinkets as rewards.
I want YOU for the Lyrian Army – Recruit 200 Soldiers.
- Collect every recruitment station at villages and this should be easy.
At ease, Private! – Train your first Reynard Unit.
- Easily achieved through regular gameplay, craft units that come from Reynard buildings.
Dog Trainer – Train your first Gascon Unit.
- Easily achieved through regular gameplay, craft units that come from Gascon buildings.
A-ten-hut! – Unlock all of Reynard’s Buildings.
- Upgrade all Reynard buildings at camp.
Dogs of War – Unlock all of Gascon’s Buildings.
- Upgrade all Gascon buildings at camp.
Army Camp Tycoon – Fully upgrade your army camp.
- Upgrade all buildings at camp.
Burn After Reading – Read all spymaster letters.
- Read all the reports you acquire through the course of the game.
One Big Happy Family – Own at least one copy of each non-Reynard, non-Gascon unit.
- Craft at least one copy of every unowned non-Reynard and non-Gascon unit.
Arms Race – Obtain all weapons.
- Long Sword (Starting weapon)
- War Hammer (Lyria, win the “A Haggard Lament” battle)
- Rivian Broadsword (Lyria, defeat Gascon)
- Flail (Aedirn, win the “A Canceled Transaction” battle, choose to use their weapons)
- Ornamental Sword (Aedirn, win the “Aedirnian Traitors” battle, spare Falbeson, then win the “An Attempt On the Queen” battle)
- Sihil (Mahakam, win the “Nilfgaardian Caravan” battle)
- Angrena Blade (Angren, win the “Elven Ruins” battle)
- Spear (Rivia, win the “The Siege of Kaveldun” then spare the blacksmith).
Cartographer – Collect 15 Treasure Maps.
- Obtaining treasure maps is a component of the “Tax Collector” achievement and will be covered there.
Tax Collector – Find all golden chests.
Pilgrim – Pray at 10 Shrines.
- Pray at excess shrines at the end of a map to progress this as fast as possible.
Through the Fourth Wall – Find an Easter Egg.
- Check out this video tutorial.
And that concludes this Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales guide. Do you have any suggestions to improve this guide? Please let us know by leaving a comment below. For any other concerns, please reach us using the contact details found on the contact page.