Are you one of the players of The Long Gate who want to obtain all achievements in the game? If yes, this guide will be showing you the steps on how you can get all The Long Gate achievements.
The Long Gate Achievement Guide
The Long Gate is a very interesting game. The puzzles get very hard, but once you understand them the solution is not far off. Completionists like me will want to search for the hidden achievements.
The achievements are generally easy to find, save for a few. Below is a complete list and where to find them. For help on individual puzzles, please take a look at one of the other guides (AstroNuno made a really nice one).
All achievements can be obtained in a single playthrough, given that you play on Engineer difficulty (required for Honorary Engineer). Obviously, this guide will contain spoilers.
- Obtained after completing all puzzles at the Digital level.
- Obtained after completing all puzzles at the Analog level.
- Obtained after completing all puzzles at the Quantum level. You can access the Quantum level after completing the Digital and Analog levels.
- Obtainable only after completing the Digital, Analog, and Quantum levels. Below the walkway to the forest area is a hidden path. It is easily seen when you have moved the walkway to access the Quantum level.
Drop down to the path and use your device to open a door. Follow this new path all the way down to the Factory.
- Start the game on Engineer difficulty and finish the game without reducing the difficulty.
Find the Three
- It’s very likely you’ve found these on your own, but for the sake of completeness, I will add the locations here.
After completing the 7 floors in the Digital level, you will come to a small room with a tree:
In this room, you had to turn the edge of the stone casing for the tree to open up the three doors. Go through the middle door (behind the tree in the screenshot) and follow the path to find One.
After completing the central hall of the Analog level you will see a long set of stairs.
Move down those stairs to reach Two.
Behind the console in the second Quantum room is a hallway leading directly to Three.
- After completing the 7 floors in the Digital level, you will come to a small room with a tree:
In this room, you had to turn the edge of the stone casing for the tree to open up the three doors. Go through the right door to find a machine.
Use the device you carry around to activate the machine. It will then fire a beam of light into the area before the portals. Go to where the beam shines to find a hidden cave. Enter it to find the Grotto.
- There is a hidden path on the left side of the first room of the Quantum level.
Using the small stepstone on the floor you can jump up to the hidden path and follow it to the cat (a nice reference to Schrödingers Cat of course).
Castle in the Mist
- Go as much back to where you started as you can (past the area with the entrance to the Grotto) until you come to two waterfalls.
Walk through one of the waterfalls to reach this achievement.
Blue to Blue
- This one stumped me for a while. The hint for this achievement is in the room where you find One (see Finding the Three). You have to fly from blue to blue. The main thing to realize is that the portals you’ve been falling through are not red and green, but rather red and blue. Dropdown through the green/blue portal a couple of times in a row until you see a new room.
Black hole Brain
- In the same room as Blue to Blue is a large black orb. Take out the device you carry and click on the orb.