This guide will be showing you the correct ways how to get all achievements in Sacred Valley. You will also learn the steps on how to beat the game without wandering around.
This guide serves as a walkthrough for the entire game. It also shows you how to unlock all the achievements, including the singular secret and optional achievement.
This guide should take you through the game in less than one hour. Probably more like half an hour.
There will be spoilers. Not that there are actually any big story elements to this game, but still, consider yourself warned.
A note on items: You can only pick up items that you’ve been tasked with finding. At that point, the item(s) will have a glowing outline(colour varies from item to item), making them easier to spot. Picking them up is as easily as jus walking up to and touching them – no other interaction necessary. There is no indicator showing what items you’ve picked up. And delivering items is as simple as just walking up to the character that asked you for it.
You start off outside your jeep, in front of a blocked road. You’re searching for the Sacred Valley, and you’ll have to continue on foot!
1. Follow the road until you get to its end, where it’s completely blocked by stone.
2. From here, go to the left and just follow the path.
After this next area has loaded, your first achievement(“Adventure begins”) will unlock!
Find the valley
Unlocks once you’ve captured all five chickens for Tom.
Note: Unmissable story achievement.
You’ll go through a small portal(of the nonmagical kind) and soon find yourself in what seems to be a tiny, medieval village. Following the road, you’ll soon come to a crossroads, with a Guard. He’s not important, and just wonders if you’re lost if you talk to him.
There are three roads from the crossroads with the Guard, in addition to the one you came from: One goes to the right, to the Gate Keeper; One goes straight ahead, to the graveyard; One goes to the right, to the Chef.
1. From the guard, go left and up the hill to find the Gate Keeper. He’ll let you pass if you bring him some Mushroom Soup.
2. Go back to the guard, and this time go left, up the other hill. Continue across the bridge, and you’ll find the Chef. He’ll ask you to get some Logs for the fire, so he can cook the soup for you.
3. The first log is on the ground next to the Chef.
4. From there, jump straight down to the graveyard beneath. The second log is on a crate by the house there.
5. Walk out from the graveyard, and to the Gate Keeper. There’s a log around the corner of his house, again on top of a crate.
6. Go all the way back to the crossroads and the Guard, and up towards the Chef. Before the bridge that leads to the Chef, there is a small campfire, with the log resting towards a larger log.
7. Return to the Chef. He’ll now ask you for three brown mushrooms.
8. The first mushroom(actually first cluster of mushrooms) is found by jumping down from the Chef towards the graveyard again, but staying on that middle platform between.
9. Now walk towards the crossroads. You’ll find the second mushroom growing next to a large rock there.
9. The third mushroom is found by walking up towards the chef, but going in towards that large fire pit in a dead end. The mushroom cluster will be to the right of it.
10. Now, cross the bridge over to the Chef again and deliver the mushrooms. He’ll give you the soup, which will float in the air to your right. Pick it up.
This will unlock the “Good soup” achievement!
11. Now go back to the Gate Keeper and deliver his soup. He’ll open the way forward for you. Move on to the next area!
Just keep moving until you see the lake, and a guy by a boat. This is the Traveller.
1. Talk to the Traveller. He would lend you his boat if you bring him his misplaced radio.
2. Continue down the road, following the lake, and then turn left to go up a hill. You’ll find yourself in an enclosed area. There’s a wrought iron gate that is closed and barricaded by things on the other side. However, on the left wall, under the visible bridge, is a mound of rocks you can climb up. Do just that.
3. You’ll drop down into another tiny village area. Cross the small bridge here, and find the radio sitting atop a rock. Pick it up.
This will unlock the “Radio Spotter” achievement!
Can you hear that music?
4. Go to the other side of that gate you saw earlier. From this side, you can jump on the crates to get across.
5. Now, return to the Traveller and give him the radio. Then jump into the boat behind him to get to the next area.
This will unlock the “Gone Fishin'” achievement!
Never hop on a strangers boat!!!
You’ll suddenly find yourself in a snowy area, next to the boat you arrived here in. There’s a slightly large area you need to move through, so just start walking.
1. Once you reach a ledge where you can drop down, do so, and then go to the right to find the Camper.
2. The Camper wants you to bring him his axe. If you consider the Camper to be in the lower right corner of this area, then the exit is in the upper right, and you can find the axe in the upper left corner.
3. Follow the left wall up to where the exit from this area is, blocked by two logs you could’ve easily jumped across. Then turn right and follow the wall. Soon you’ll see a fallen log with an axe in it. Pick it up and return it to the Camper.
This will unlock the “You lost an axe?” achievement! (And yes, that is the achievement description! I like the self awareness of the developer.)
You lost an axe?
Like how do you even forget your axe and not even know where you left it????? Sounds like an boring quest… Just go get it yourself???
4. Return the axe to the Camper. He’s unblocked the passage further. Go through, and you’ll shortly reach another lake with a bunch of tiny islets. You’ll need to jump across. There’s only one path to follow, and the jumping is quite easy. If you fall in the water, you’ll start over from the edge of the lake.
5. With the jumping done, just move further and you’ll get to the next area.
The Sacred Valley
You find yourself quite close to the Sacred Valley now! It’s quite colourful here!
1. Move forward, and you’ll soon come to a small platforming section. It’s quite easy, but you can also just skip it by jumping straight up to the final platform.
2. You’ll very soon be greeted by another of these platforming segments, and once again you can just jump up directly to the final platform to skip it.
3. Move through to the left, and you’ll see a sign at a crossroads.
4. Go the the left to find a couple of market stalls. Here you’ll find the Merchant. He wants you to get him the Cursed Diary, so he can sell it and become rich.
5. Go back to the crossroads. This time take the right path(straight across from the Merchant). Here you’ll find the Cursed Diary on top of a pedestal in a stone circle. Pick it up. (It might not disappear, but as long as the glow does and you hear the noise, you’re fine.)
This will unlock the “CURSED Diary?” achievement!
What do you mean CURSED???
6. Go back to the Merchant and deliver the book to him. He’ll remove the cart that blocked the path further. Go back to the crossroads, and now take the path straight ahead from where you first entered(to the left from the Merchant) and go through to find yourself in the actual Sacred Valley!
7. Thinking again of this area as a square, you’re now in the middle bottom. Go left and forward until you reach what would then be the top right corner. There you’ll find the Guard of the Valley. He’ll want you to find and bring back his missing friend’s backpack. (Why isn’t he asking you to find the missing friend, though ..?)
8. Now go to the upper left corner, and you’ll find the backpack(alongside a modern tent and a lantern) behind some trees. Pick up the backpack.
This will unlock the “Backpack located” achievement! (And the achievement description is a hint towards the secret achievement!)
So.. Wheres the body..?
9. Return to the Guard of the Valley and give him the backpack. He’ll put up a ladder that you can use to exit the area. (The ladder is exactly in the center between him and where you found the backpack, on the wall.)
10. But first, go around to the back of his tent, and look closely on the sandy ground… (There certainly are implications here… This is probably a good time to leave.)
This will unlock the “Body located” achievement! (This is the secret, and only missable achievement in the game.)
So… theres the body…
11. Go to the ladder and exit the Sacred Valley.
Now you’re in the final area! Almost done!
1. Just move through the area. Straight ahead, but hang a bit to the left.
2. You’ll eventually find the exit on the left hand side. Go through.
3. You’ll soon see your jeep. But this isn’t where you left it? What? Go to the car to drive away!
This will unlock the “Complete the game” achievement!
Complete the game
You get this achievement for.. completing the game..
4. Congratulations, you’ve completed Sacred Valley and gotten all the achievements!
Well, that’s the game! There are some other, interesting places to see though. Like a second graveyard, or, uh, a grave… Either way, there are a couple of other things to find if you explore, though not much.
Overall, this is a nice, little game. Though this one is better by far, I do also recommend checking out Work Trip and Timber Story by the same developer: They’ve got a similar style and overall vibe, though the former gets really weird and esoteric, while the latter is very short. (They also all feature starting with not being able to drive further, and ending with leaving in your car. And more fetch quests.)
That's everything we are sharing today for this Sacred Valley guide. This guide was originally created and written by Guyra. In case we fail to update this guide, you can find the latest update by following this link.