A basic guide to the Rocket Rumble. This guide will introduce you to the Rocket Rumble controls, game modes, and more!
Rocket Rumble is best played using a controller.
- Emotes – DPad
- Character Switch – L/R Triggers
- Confirm – A
- Party Manager – X
- Emotes – 1 – 4
- Character Switch – C/Z
- Confirm – Enter
- Party Manager – X
The point of the Rocket Rumble is less to “win” the race, but more so to pass each checkpoint first. Players receive 10 points for passing a checkpoint first, 5 for everyone after. No points are given if a player dies.
Race through 2 procedurally generated tracks: Caustic Canyon and Asteroid Field.
The queue for an online match with random players – single-player only. Vote between 2 tracks each time. After the race ends, return to the main menu. When searching for a game, press Y or “C” to leave the queue.
- Play with a local or Steam Party
- Press A on the controller or Enter on the keyboard to add a new local player.
- Press X to open the party manager and add/remove Steam party members.
Starting a Party
Local – Rocket Rumble can support up to 4 local players, one of which can use the keyboard. Press A on a new controller, or “Enter” on the main menu to join a local party. The game will randomly generate pet names for any new local players.
Steam – Press X on the controller or “X” on the keyboard to open your Steam friends list to invite them. You can also remove players from the Steam menu by going to the manage the party tab.
- Triggers or “C” and “Z” to switch character
- R-Stick on a controller to rotate the character
- B or ESC to go back
- Bumpers or ”Q” and “E” to switch item category (hats, glasses, face, neck, badges)
- A or “Enter” to equip/unequip
- Patterns: A or “Enter” to equip/unequip
- Scale – L Stick to slide up or down to scale patterns
- Swap Colors – A or “Enter” to swap
- L-Stick or Arrows or WASD to slide color bars
The market uses in-game currency earned by completing missions and races. A or “Enter” to purchase. During the demo, coins are assigned.
- L-Stick or arrows or WASD to adjust the volume
- Quality: Change the visual settings to help performance
- L-Stick or Arrows or WASD to choose, A or “Enter” to select
- Allows you to look at the controls for the keyboard and Xbox controllers. Currently, there is no way to customize your control scheme.
- Choose between English (default), German, Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, French, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Italian, Russian, Polish, & Ukrainian