- Title: Re.Poly
- Release Date: December 13, 2019
- Developer: Hinkfoot Studios
- Publisher: Hinkfoot Studios
This short guide provides a basic introduction for new players in a game called Re.Poly.
Getting Memory Fragments
When you begin playing, your first task is to gather three rocks from the ground. Once you finish that, you’ll receive a new objective to collect 10 Memory Fragments. These fragments are essentially points used to learn crafting recipes.
Since you don’t possess a weapon, head slightly east and downhill from the starting point. Along the way, you’ll encounter two things: 1. Goblins, and 2. Broken wagons.
Avoid the goblins since you lack a weapon to fight them. Instead, approach the broken wagons and attack the barrels on them to obtain loot and the desired Memory Fragments. Once you have 10 of these, you can learn to craft a Sharp Stone, which is useful for cutting trees, boulders, and shrubs.
You might have noticed a Shrine of Fire near the starting spot, on the side of the first dirt path leading east and downhill. This shrine consists of a stone pedestal with a stone bowl in front. To activate it, create a torch from your character menu and press the ‘E’ key (default). Lighting the Shrine of Fire grants you 20 Memory Fragments and is an easy method for new players to earn them. Remember to activate any Shrine of Fire you encounter during your travels, but be cautious if they are guarded by strong monsters.
Taking Care of Health
To heal yourself in the early stages, you can learn the recipe for Bandages in the Blueprints section of your character menu. Applying a Bandage takes a few seconds, so be careful when using them during combat.
Additionally, you can cook the meat and vegetables you find using a Campfire. The Campfire recipe is also found in the Blueprints tab. Cooking with a Campfire requires pressing the ‘E’ key on the campfire, then placing wood and the items you wish to cook in the designated “inventory slots.” Once set up, activate the campfire to start cooking. Cooked meat is especially helpful for new players.
As you complete initial tasks, you’ll eventually receive one that instructs you to craft a Hammer and start building your first shelter. The recipe for the Hammer is available in the Blueprints tab. After equipping the Hammer and placing it in your hotkey bar, a notification will appear explaining how to access the building menu for constructing shelter. You can also right-click (default) on structures you’ve built to “break them down” for material refunds or relocation.
To craft items like a Door Lock, Claim Sphere, or Anvil, you must first create a Workbench. The Workbench has its own crafting “inventory,” similar to the Campfire, where you place items to create things.
Additional Beginner Tips
Here are a few more tips to help new players in Re.Poly:
- You can dual-wield weapons (not tools) by placing them both in your hotkey bar, equipping the mainhand with the assigned key, and then equipping the offhand using the same key.
- Level up by allocating Skill points to your stats. For an easier experience, consider starting a multiplayer game from the menu and adjusting XP gain. This is useful for rapid leveling.
- Strength increases carrying capacity, not the number of items you can carry. To store extra loot, craft Chests. Storage Chests require learning, while basic cabinets do not. Cabinets are built using the Hammer’s construction menu.
- Check the game’s Steam update list for a video where the developer explains the Villager system and relocating warriors and gatherers to your personal town. Assigning villagers duties enhances loot acquisition and village defense against enemies.
That's everything we are sharing today for this Re.Poly guide. This guide was originally created and written by Mobi. In case we fail to update this guide, you can find the latest update by following this link.