This guide contains details and tips on obtaining all 53 achievements.
Persona 5 Royal changed many of the original game’s trophies to be more easily obtainable. In fact, all of the game’s achievements can now be unlocked on a single play-through. Below I’ve written down details and general advice to obtain every trophy with as much ease as possible. Beware of spoilers (names of palaces, the palace rulers, and prerequisites to unlocking the true ending) I will put spoiler protection on the palace rulers past the in-game 10/11.
Story Achievements (Cannot Be Missed)
- Castle of Lust: Seized. Unlocks after completing the Kamoshida arc.
- Museum of Vanity: Repossessed. Unlocks after completing the Madarame arc.
- Bank of Gluttony: Cleaned Out. Unlocks after completing the Kaneshiro arc.
- Pyramid of Wrath: Plundered. Unlocks after completing the Medjed arc.
- Spaceport of Greed: Obliterated. Unlocks after completing the Okumura arc.
- Casino of Jealousy: Bankrupted. Unlocks after completing Nijima arc.
- The Path Chosen. Unlocks after viewing any of the game’s endings.
- Spirit of Rebellion. Unlocks after obtaining your persona Arsene.
- Phantom Thieves: Assemble! Unlocks after naming your team on 5/5
- One Step at a Time. Unlocks after completing a request in Mementos. The mandatory fight with Nakanohara counts for this.
- You’d Better Hang On! Unlocks after using the grappling hook to progress in Kamoshida’s castle.
Story Achievements (Missable)
The achievements listed below are related to the main story, but depending on player choices they can be missed. To obtain these trophies you will need to make sure to protect your teammate’s identities when interrogated by Sae Nijima on 11/20. Additionally, Refuse the deal offered to you on 12/24. Finally, Dr. Maruki’s confidant rank must be at level 9 by 11/17. Doing so will grant you access to the third-semester palace but it is also recommended to reach rank 8 with Akechi by 11/17 and rank 5 with Kasumi by 12/22 for additional scenes during the third-semester.
- Cruiser of Pride: Capsized. Unlocks after completing the Shido arc.
- The Thorough Trickster. Unlocks after defeating Yaldabaoth.
- Take Back the Future. Unlocks after completing the third-semester palace.
Daily Life Achievements
- True Confidence. Unlocks after maxing out a confidant at rank 10. This will happen eventually on 12/23 as Morgana’s rank is tied to the story, but you can achieve this earlier by hanging out with anyone of your choosing. For the fastest results make sure you have a persona matching the arcana of your confidant.
- Awakening the Phantom Thieves. Unlocks in the third semester when your confidant rank 10 teammates acquire their ultimate persona. This is not missable because Morgana will be at rank 10 by this point.
- A Most Studious Disguise. Unlocks after scoring the highest on your exams. This achievement requires you to answer each question on an exam correctly as well as having a level 5 knowledge stat. The easiest way to increase knowledge is by answering all the questions you get asked in class correctly. If you connect to the network you can see what the most popular answer is among all players, that will be the correct answer. Besides this studying in the school library or Leblanc will be the best bet to increase knowledge. Below are the answers to each of the four exams throughout the year.
- Minamoto no Yoshitsune
- Minamoto no Yoritomo
- Yoritomo won
- The Weak
- The Devil’s Dictionary
- Femme Fatale
- 64 Degrees
- Zhuge Liang
- Barbarians’ Heads
- To offer them instead of heads
- Red King Crab (Paralithodes)
- It Caused Confusion in the Economy
- Raining Cats and Dogs
- Demon Guts
- 32 surfaces
- It used to be one color
- Black and white picture
- Charles-Henri Sanson
- It’s a Hereditary -Profession
- Slave labor
- 3 bees in all of Europe
- Over one billion yen
- Having his head displayed
- Public performance
- Going Against the Crane. Unlocks after winning any prize at the arcade in Akihabara. You will gain access to Akihabara on 8/31. Attempting the crane game does not pass time, so I recommend visiting daily until you win the prize.
- Master of Akihabara. Unlocks after ordering from the special menu of the maid cafe in Akihabara. After gaining access to Akihabara on 8/31 you can visit the maid cafe. You will need 20 stamps to gain access to the special menu, you get 1 stamp per 1000 yen spent. It will take around 4 visits to acquire the 20 stamps needed but after doing so the waitress will inform you of a special item awaiting you on your next visit. After claiming this special item the achievement will unlock.
- Angler’s Debut. Unlocks after passing time by fishing. The fishing pond is located in Ichigaya which can be accessed after accepting Ryuji’s invitation on 7/6. This visit with Ryuji will not count toward the achievement you will have to come back afterward. Alternatively, on 7/17 a book titled ‘Fishpond Spotter’ will be available at the central street bookstore, reading this book grants access to Ichigaya.
- Easy Money. Unlocks after winning the lottery. The lottery stand can be found in Station Square, I advise starting this achievement as early as possible since each attempt takes 7 in-game days. After purchasing any ticket return to the ticket stand 7 days later to check if you won. The results are completely random and decided upon buying the ticket so no save scumming.
- Getting the Vapors. Unlocked after collapsing from the heat in the Yongen-Jaya bathhouse. This event only triggers on rainy or snowy days meaning the window of opportunity is limited. Most players have reported unlocking this achievement on 5/19
- Batter Up! Unlocks after hitting a ball in the Yongen-Jaya batting cages. I recommend going at night because you will have unlimited tries to hit the ball.
- Leblanc Buffer. Unlocks after cleaning up in Leblanc. When inside Leblanc while there are no customers you can interact with the bathroom and choose to clean up Leblanc.
- Professional Modification. Unlocks after customizing a gun in the airsoft shop on Central Street. To do this you will need level four guts, doing the big bang challenge is a good method of accomplishing this. Afterward, talk to the owner and ask him about the bag. You will now have access to customize your guns with Iwai for a fee, choosing any upgrade will unlock the achievement.
- Punch That Clock! Unlocks after working any part-time job. You can find job pamphlets in the underground walkways at the Shibuya train station. Any job will work for the achievement but the quickest will be the triple 7 job as it has no requirements.
- Tokyo Tourist. Unlocks after going to a hangout spot with someone. This achievement can be unlocked very early. Hang out with Ryuji and eventually, he will invite you to a ramen shop then the achievement will unlock.
- My Closest Partner. Unlocks after entering a romantic relationship. This can be done with almost any female confidant but Ann would be the quickest since she is available sooner. Towards the end of most female confidants, Joker will think to himself to choose his words carefully, simply pick whichever dialogue sounds romantic and the two will begin to date.
Daily Life Achievements (Cont.)
- Pure Perfection. Unlocks after maxing out all social stats. Arguably one of the harder-to-get achievements in the game there are ways of making it easier. There are four ways to increase stats without passing time. The first is to stock up on organic nutrients from the flower shop, these can be used on the plant in your room to increase kindness. The second is drinking the juice sold at a stand in the Underground Walkway on Sundays which will grant a random stat boost. The third is to stock up on books as occasionally you will be able to read on the train when you can get a seat. The final method is completing the crossword puzzles in Leblanc as they show up. Certain confidants will also raise a social stat by hanging out with them such as Takemi raising guts by participating in her clinical trials.
Aside from the above-listed activities reading or watching movies(at the theater or at home) work great too. You’ll also want to get the speed reading book which is available starting 7/1.
- A Serene Experience. Unlocks after visiting the temple in Kichijoji. After clearing the Museum palace Ryuji will invite you to Kichijoji after going here with him you gain access to this area. Visiting the temple when you have free time will unlock the achievement.
- A Night in Kichijoji. Unlocks after visiting the Jazz club in Kichijoji. To unlock the jazz club you must reach rank four with Akechi. 6/26 is the earliest the club can be unlocked. The achievement requires a separate visit after coming here with Akechi.
- A Hustler’s Journey. Unlocks after playing a game of billiards. After visiting the Penguin Sniper with Ryuji, return another day to play billiards.
- Dartslinger. Unlocks after playing darts. Similarly to the billiards trophy, you must return after visiting the Penguin Sniper with Ryuji to play darts.
- Trash Into Treasure. Unlocks after selling sooty clothes to the clothing store in Kichijoji. Sooty clothing can be acquired from chests and enemies inside the Metaverse. To sell sooty clothing you cannot wash it at the laundromat.
- Tactical Teamwork. Unlocks after performing a baton pass. This achievement doesn’t unlock during the tutorial but it is simple to get. When in battle with shadows hit one of their weaknesses and then the prompt to baton pass to a teammate will appear.
- Let’s Blow It Up. Unlocks after defeating an enemy via disaster shadow explosion. While inside Kamoshida’s castle you will have a tutorial for disaster shadows. Afterward, kill a disaster shadow while another shadow is present and the explosion will kill the other shadow. To ensure the desired outcome you can damage the second shadow.
- Technician. Unlocks after hitting a technical on an enemy. To trigger a technical you must hit a shadow inflicted with an ailment. This can be done very early with Ann, use her Dormina skill to sleep an enemy and then hit that same enemy while it is asleep to trigger a technical.
- The Purpose of a Thief. Unlocks after obtaining a treasure demon. During the second palace, you will encounter your first treasure demon. To obtain one knock it down by hitting its weakness then negotiate as usual. Below is a list of all treasure demons.Regent
Location: 2nd Palace, Path of Qimranut, Path of Aiyatsubus, Path of Chemdah, Path of Da’at
Location: 3rd Palace, Path of Kaitul
Stone of Scone
Location: 4th Palace, Path of Akzeriyyuth
Location: 5th Palace, Path of Adyeshach
Location: 6th Palace, Path of Sheriruth (Areas 1 – 5)
Location: 7th Palace, Path of Sheriruth (Areas 7 – 9 and 11 – 13, after clearing 7th palace)
Location: 7th Palace (Rare), Path of Sheriruth (Areas 7 – 9 and 11 – 13, Rare), Path of Iweleth, Path of Da’at
Location: 7th Palace (Rare), Path of Sheriruth (Areas 7 – 9 and 11 – 13, Rare), Path of Iweleth (Rare), World of Qlipoth, Path of Da’at
Location: Final Palace
- It’s Showtime! Unlocked by performing a showtime attack. You’ll unlock showtimes in the third palace after which you’ll just need to trigger one in battle. There are various reasons a showtime can trigger such as: performing a baton pass, a teammate dropping below 50%HP, a teammate fainting, Joker taking significant damage, or being downed. Critically injuring an enemy can also trigger a showtime.
- Talent Thief. Unlocks after obtaining a skill accessory from a palace ruler. This is a two-step achievement. The first step is to acquire three will seeds from a single palace. The easiest palace to do this in will be Kamoshida’s castle as the first one can’t be missedThe second seed is found upon reaching the roof of the castle, immediately after entering the high tower via the window look to your left to find a vent that will lead back outside. Afterward, perform some grapples to reach the highest platform where you will receive the 2nd will seed.
The 3rd and last seed is found inside the high tower. While advancing in the palace your team will comment on an elevator, taking this elevator will lead you to a painting of Kamoshida and another elevator. While the 2nd elevator won’t function yet you can interact with the painting to activate a shortcut to the beginning of the palace. After going through the painting there will be a switch nearby to activate the 2nd elevator after doing this go back through the painting and return to the 2nd elevator where you will fight a mini-boss for the last seed.
The second step to this achievement is after meeting a character named Jose in Mementos on 5/7. Once you can explore Mementos freely it’s just a matter of randomly encountering Jose in there where he can transform your will seeds into an accessory.
- Jose’s Favorite Customer. Unlocked by trading flowers with Jose in Mementos. After meeting Jose on 5/7 when you return to explore Mementos there will be flowers scattered throughout the floors collect these and the next time you randomly encounter Jose you can trade the flowers for items.
- The Phantom Philatelist. Unlocked by trading stamps to Jose in Mementos. Similar to the flower achievement after encountering Jose on 5/7 you will find stamps randomly placed throughout Mementos, acquiring these stamps will allow you to trade them to Jose for various benefits.
- The Search for Power. Unlocked after completely changing the cognition in Mementos. To get this achievement you need to fully change one of the cognition benefits via trading stamps to Jose.
- The Deviated Cognition. Unlocks after encountering a deviation in Mementos. Deviations are randomly encountered while exploring Mementos. Deviations will create 1-2 random changes to the floor that can be beneficial or detrimental. You will likely find one throughout the course of the game but otherwise, all you can do is just go up and down the same two floors until one spawns in deviated. You will know you found one because you’ll receive a tutorial on them when encountered.
- Unsurpassed Rebel. Unlocked after defeating the Reaper. The Reaper can be accessed from the moment you can explore Mementos. This achievement can be unlocked at any time throughout the story so long as you have access to Mementos. I recommend waiting until the end of the game such as December onward to challenge the Reaper as it will be a difficult fight.
Velvet Room Achievements
- A Deadly Debut. Unlocks after fusing two personas via guillotine. This achievement does not unlock through the tutorial but fusing any two personas afterward will unlock it.
- Efficient Executioner. Unlocked after performing a group guillotine execution. To gain access to the group execution you must reach rank 1 of Justine and Caroline’s confidant. The earliest opportunity to do this will be 5/18. The twins will ask you to show them a Jack Frost with Mabufu. To get Jack Frost you can fuse any of the following combinations.
Succubus and Saki Mitama
Succubus and Kelpie
Angel and Bicorn
Kodama and Arsene
Jack Frost will learn Mabufu at level 12 so all you’ll need to do afterward is level it there assuming it didn’t learn it through fusion.
Finally, after the twins give you access to group execution, fuse any three personas for the achievement.
- Intensive Training. Unlocked by using Incense on a persona in lockdown. To gain access to lockdowns you will need to reach rank 3 of the twin’s confidant.
To gain rank two you’ll need an Ame-no-Uzume with Frei. An easy way to create this is by fusing a Suzaku with a Berith. Since Suzaku knows Frei naturally just pass it along to Ame-no-Uzume.
To reach rank 3 you have to show them a Flauros with Tarukaja. For this, you’ll need an Eligor at level 16 so it learns Tarukaja and then group fuse it with Orabos and Berith.
Now that you have Lockdown you can purchase incense in a shop in Kichijoji after placing a persona in Lockdown and then use the incense.
- A Grand Experiment. Unlocks by using the electric chair execution. To unlock the electric chair you need to secure the route to the Museum treasure. Afterward, Igor will pull you to the Velvet Room to inform you of its availability.
- Accident-Prone. Unlocks by performing a fusion during an alarm. After securing the route to the Bank treasure Igor will pull you into the Velvet Room to inform you of its availability. All you need to do is perform one fusion while the Velvet Room is red.
- Success Built on Sacrifice. Unlocks after performing a gallows execution. Similarly to the previous two, all you need to unlock the gallows is secure the route to the Pyramid treasure. Afterward, Igor will pull you into the Velvet Room to inform you of its availability.
The Phenomenal Phantom Thief. Unlocked by obtaining all Achievements.After following this guide you should now have received this as your final achievement.
That's everything we are sharing today for this Persona 5 Royal guide. This guide was originally created and written by Golem. In case we fail to update this guide, you can find the latest update by following this link.