100% achievement guide for Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin. Note that this guide contains spoilers of the game. Just scan the page if you’re looking for a certain achievement.
Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin Achievement Guide
To make achievement hunting much easier, we will be dividing the achievements by category.
- Valiant Rider Plaque – Defeated 50 monsters. A commemoration of your incredible courage.
- Extraordinary Rider Plaque – Defeated 100 monsters. A commemoration of your incredible courage.
- Champion Rider Plaque – Defeated 200 monsters. A commemoration of your incredible courage.
- Supreme Crest – Obtained S Rank in 50 battles. A crest to commemorate your style.
Break Monster Parts
- Proficient Partbreaker Symbol – Broke monster parts 10 times. Proof of your understanding of monster anatomy.
- Peerless Partbreaker Symbol – Broke monster parts 30 times. Proof of your understanding of monster anatomy.
- Deviant Badge – Slayed your first Deviant Monster. Show it off with pride.
Exploration Related Achievements
- Expedition Orders – Unlocked a Monstie Expedition Party slot. Thrilling expeditions await you!
- Catavan Conqueror – Visited all Catavan Stands. Many thanks for your pawtronage.
- Wanderer’s Shield – For completing the Gallery of Story Cutscenes. But don’t be fooled! Your adventures are not over yet…
- Secret Scroll of Bonds – Completed the Elder’s Lair. You emerged victorious from a true test of strength.
Gear and Weapons Related Achievements
- Battle Gear Royalty – Upgraded a high rank weapon to max level. A symbol of true weapon mastery and power.
- Battle Armor Royalty – Upgraded high rank armor to max level. A sign that you have mastered the art of defense.
- Fashionista – Obtained your first Layered Armor. Now you can hunt monsters in style!
- If you have the Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin – Deluxe Kit dlc, you will unlock this automatically. Or you can easily get layered Armour from Melynx, the shady Vendor cat who sells you stuff for bottle caps.
- Trendsetter – Obtained all of Navirou’s Outfits. Now you can mix, match, and show off your totally chic fashion style! Note: Excluding add-on content.
Genetics Related Achievements
- Initiate’s Certificate – Channeled genes into all nine slots. Always strive for perfection.
- Mastery Gem – Upgraded an XL gene to max level. Proof that you’re a pro at Monstie husbandry.
Book of Genes
- Genetics for Beginners – Completed one third of the Book of Genes. Every journey starts with a single step.
- Advanced Genetics – Completed two thirds of the Book of Genes. Master genetics to defeat any foe.
- Genetics Compendium – Completed the Book of Genes. Proof of your astounding scholarship.
Kinship Level Related Achievements
- Friend of Kayna – Reached Kinship Stone Level 2
- Friend of Alwin – Reached Kinship Stone Level 3
- Friend of Avinia – Reached Kinship Stone Level 4
- Friend of Reverto – Reached Kinship Stone Level 5
- Friend of Kyle – Reached Kinship Stone Level 6
- Friend of Cheval – Reached Kinship Stone Level 7
- Friend of Ratha – Reached Kinship Stone Level 8
- Shining Kinship Stone – Reached Kinship Stone Level 9
To fill up your Kinship Gauge quickly and reach higher levels easily:
- Use armor that has the HtH Master skill.
- Equip a talisman with the Soul Kinship skill.
- Use a Mounting Charm at the Prayer Pot.
- Use a Hunting Horn with the Bonds of Kinship skill and a Gunlances special skills from head to head.
You can get a Kinship (L) talisman from Melynx or if RNG is on your side, random treasure chests in dens.
Kinship Skills Gallery Achievements
- New Rider – Completed one third of the Kinship Skills Gallery. There are many more Monsties out there to befriend.
- Veteran Rider – Completed two thirds of the Kinship Skills Gallery. One step closer to finishing it all.
- Monster Rider – Completed the Kinship Skills Gallery. You are truly a Rider among Riders!
- Bonds of Friendship – Completed the Double Kinship Skills Gallery. Bonds of friendship are forever.
Quests Related Achievements
- Helping Hand Medal – Completed 50 types of Subquests. Making a big difference, little by little.
- Good Soul Medal – Completed 100 types of Subquests. Making a big difference, little by little.
- Gold Medal – Completed the gold Trial Quest requirements. As befits such an achievement, this medal is solid gold.
Skill Scrolls and Recipies Achievements
- Scholar’s Tome – Obtained a new skill scroll. A sign of your noteworthy weapon proficiency.
- Expert’s Tome – Collected all skill scrolls. There’s no weapon you cannot put to good use.
- Philosopher’s Tome – Collected half of all Books of Combos. Testifies to your remarkable craftsmanship.
- Sage’s Tome – Collected all recipes. Proof of your mastery over all items.
- Monsterpedia: Novice – Completed one third of the Monsterpedia. There is still much to be discovered.
- Monsterpedia: Expert – Completed two thirds of the Monsterpedia. Just gathering the information is tough enough!
- Monsterpedia: Master – Completed the Monsterpedia. Everything known about monsters.
- Monstipedia: New Edition – Completed one third of the Monstipedia. A simple task for a Rider.
- Monstipedia: Revised Edition – Completed two thirds of the Monstipedia. You’re a Rider en route to the top.
- Monstipedia: Complete Edition – Completed the Monstipedia. Very few actually manage to achieve this.
Add-on content doesn’t count towards the achievements.
Multiplayer Related Achievements
- Scroll of Cooperation – Completed your first Co-Op Quest in Multiplayer. Working together with friends makes everything so much easier!
- Scroll of Power – Won your first Single Battle in Multiplayer. The first of many battles to come.
- Scroll of Unity – Won your first Pair Battle in Multiplayer. Teamwork is the key to success.