A comprehensible guide covering all 26 achievements in Mahjong World Contest.
Total Number of Achievements: 26
Online Achievements: 0
Offline Achievements: 26
Broken Achievements: 0
DLC Required: N/a
Time: 10-15 hoursOverview:
- Achieve 3 stars in all levels
- Use the shuffle bonus 250 times
- Achieve a x15 multiplier index
- Earn 1 million points in total
- Remove 10000 pairs of tiles
- This guide does not cover gameplay basics and mechanics.
Game Progression Achievements
Complete the blooming lotus hall
Complete the golden crane hall
Complete the bamboo grove hall
Complete the sakura branch hall
Complete the red phoenix hall
Complete the azure dragon hall
Those achievements are unlocked upon completing the final level of each hall, respectively, regardless of how many stars are achieved.
Casino Chip Achievements
Casino Chip (bronze)
Use bonus 50 times
Casino Chip (silver)
Use bonus 100 times
Casino Chip (gold)
Use bonus 250 times
“Bonus” here refers to your shuffle ability.
Use your shuffle ability a total of 250 times.Depending on how often you use it, you might need to do some farming/grinding at some point.
Keep in mind that, for farming, you start every level with your shuffle ability charged, so load any level, use the ability, then either restart the level and repeat or remove pairs of pieces until you’re able to shuffle again.
Champion Cup and “Certificate” Achievements
Earn 30 stars
Earn 60 stars
Earn 120 stars
Earn 180 stars
Earn 240 stars
Champion Cup (bronze)
Complete 30 levels with the highest score
Champion Cup (silver)
Complete 60 levels with the highest score
Champion Cup (gold)
Complete all levels with the highest score
Each star in a level is tied to the completion of a specific challenge. Those involve:
- Removing all golden pieces (main objective)
- Beating the level within a specific amount of moves
- Achieving a specific score
- Beating the level within a specific time limit
The current challenges will be listed upon starting the level.
Some general tips I can provide:
- Use shuffles if you forget where the golden pieces are.
- If you know a specific piece will need to be removed eventually, either because it’s golden or because a golden piece is blocked by it, always try to get rid of it before shuffling.
- Clearing all golden pieces will as few regular pieces removed as possible tends to yield more points than the score multiplier/index.
- Shuffling is overall a great tool that ends up being useful more often than not, so don’t hesitate to use it.
NOTE: if the Champion Cup (gold) achievement doesn’t unlock right after achieving 3 stars on your final level, start the very first level and complete it.
Sprinter Cup Achievements
Sprinter Cup (bronze)
Achieve x5 index
Sprinter Cup (silver)
Achieve x10 index
Sprinter Cup (gold)
Achieve x15 index
Reach a 15x points multiplier index.The bronze and silver instances will likely be achieved somewhere before the final hall. The 15x multiplier can be easily, and almost exclusively, reached on the
11th level of the Azure Dragon hall.
Here’s a step by step guide:
- 1 – Clear the top layer of tiles in both rings.
- 2 – Start removing the tiles in one of the rings in a counterclockwise motion, until the pattern stops.
- 3 – Repeat the previous step, but on the other ring.
- 4 – Match the remaining tiles on each of the rings with each other to unlock the second set of adjacent matches on each ring, then proceed to clear them.
- 5 – Shuffle the board whenever you feel like you’re stuck.
V.I.P. Chip Achievements
V.I.P. Chip (bronze)
Earn 100.000 points
V.I.P. Chip (silver)
Earn 500.000 points
V.I.P. Chip (gold)
Earn 1.000.000 points
Reach a grand total of 1 million points earned.Points are awarded like so:
- 5 points for every regular tile removed
- 25 points for every golden tile removed
- 70 points for every tile remaining on the board after removing all golden tiles
Because of this, planning your route and removing as few tiles as possible while clearing all golden tiles almost always yields more points than going for a high multiplier index.
Those achievements will be unlocked naturally while going for the 100%. For comparison, I had a little over 1.500.000 points when the final achievement was unlocked.
NOTE: in case you reach any of those milestones and the respective achievement doesn’t unlock, enter any level and remove a pair of tiles.
Mahjong Tiles Achievements
Mahjong Tile (bronze)
Remove 1000 pairs of tiles
Mahjong Tile (silver)
Remove 5000 pairs of tiles
Mahjong Tile (gold)
Remove 10000 pairs of tiles
Cummulativelyremove a total of 10000 pairs of Mahjong pieces from the board.
The bronze and silver instances will be unlocked naturally while playing through all the levels. Depending on how many times you attempt each level,
you might need to do a bit of farming/grindingat some point.
The best level I found for grinding those achievements is the 11th level of the Azure Dragon hall (the first on the second page), since you can get through all the pieces relatively quickly.
That's everything we are sharing today for this Mahjong World Contest guide. This guide was originally created and written by Brigglyo, The Brig. In case we fail to update this guide, you can find the latest update by following this link.