Are you one of the achievement hunters? This guide will show you how to get 100% achievements in Into the Radius VR. Note that this guide may contain spoilers of the game. You can simply scan this page if you’re looking for a certain achievement guide.
Die in the Radius for the first time
This is probably the first achievement you will get. Just die in the radius by any means to unlock this achievement. The most reliable is to be killed by entities (enemies) or anomalies. Is 100% functional in 2.1.3
My Bloody Buddy
Buy your first weapon
This is likely an achievement you will get naturally, just buy any gun from the shop to unlock this achievement
Climb up the crane, kamikaze
To do this achievement, you need to climb up the crane in Bolotky. The crane is very hard to miss and can be spotted from the entrance of the road. To unlock the achievement simply climb up the crane from the inside. Watch out for the rifle mimic on the roof of the building next to it. You will probably get some unwanted attention from this building in general so I recommend going in armed with at least 1 other gun that is not a double barrel.
Once you are on top, simply drop down a save point and then jump off the crane.
To unlock this achievement you need to switch your game to the 1.0 version. This can be done in properties> betas. All your saves will be left in tact.
Complete the Killhouse challenge
To do this achievement you need to load into the shooting range from the main menu and start the kill house challenge. This will only take 5 minutes.
Collect all types of Artifacts in the game
In the game there are currently 18 different artifacts of 2 types
Artifacts that you need for missions
- Atom: round ball, blue color. Objective for the first mission.
- Unknown: Octahedron, green color. Objective for the third mission.
- Heart: Broken ball of interconnecting triangles, green color. Objective for the fifth mission.
- Hoop: Broken ring, green color. Objective for the sixth mission.
- Heavy Helix: Interconnecting tubes resembling a helix, green color. Objective for “Radius Treasures” side mission
- Neon: round ball, green color. Objective for the “In and Out” side mission.
- Broken Shard: Broken crystal, blue color. Objective for the “Metastases” side mission.
- Blank: 2 rings, gold color
- Steps: Star, gold color. Can also help you retrace your steps out of an anomaly cluster if you squeeze it.
- Regen: Octahedron, gold color. Will regen health slowly if you squeeze it.
- Time Bubble:???, gold color. Can create a time slowing effect around you.
- Night eye: Round ball, gold color. Can give you nightvision for a short time.
- Helix: Like the heavy helix, but gold colored.
- Flower: Like a rose, gold color.
- Stellation: chunk of bronze.
- Star: ???, gold color
- Dark Grail: like a basket of rings, gold color. Spawns on your desk after game completion
- Shard: Bar, blue color. Comes from a rift.
Sellable artifacts are all found in anomaly clusters around the radius. Some are rarer than others and will only be found in the later areas of the game like Kolkhoz.
You need to finish the entire game to get this achievement.
Kill an enemy with a barrel explosion
The best place to do this is in the security depot on Pervomay Route, you come here for the second mission to find the film. You can find a red gas tank in the far corner behind the hangar. I recommend shooting a fragment until it goes into orb mode because a fragment will not be instantly killed by the gas tank. Once it is into orb mode throw the tank under it and shoot at it. The tank will make a loud sound and explode after 3 seconds. This should unlock the achievement.
Find all audio logs on the history of the Radius
To unlock this achievement you need to switch your game to the 1.0 version. This can be done in properties> betas. All your saves will be left intact.
This achievement is currently only possible in 1.0. I recommend waiting for the developers to bring these tapes to 2.0 with the updated lore. But if you cannot wait like me, here is the guide.
This is by far the most frustrating and tedious achievement to unlock but it does give some much needed insight into how the radius functions and what the UNPSC does.
There are 4 tapes that are all voiced by the same person, you will immediately recognize their voice. And no it is not explorer #12. These tapes can be found within the radius.
These audio tapes will either not spawn until you have completed some missions or can only spawn in later places in the game. In either case it is good to play the game for a while to gather up loot so you can get to the later game caches. I don’t know why they did it like this but it is what it is for now.
We (the community) do not know for sure if all 4 tapes are guaranteed to spawn within a game. So you might not encounter them organically. They will spawn anywhere, there are some guides online that claim they only spawn in orange crates, this is false. They can spawn inside crates as well as on dead soldiers, scientists, in cupboards, on cars, and basically anywhere else that loot spawns. And each time you reload the save or exit the radius all loot gets generated again. We can use this to our advantage, however.
This achievement will set you back around 10 hours. To do this you need to do the following steps:
- Play the game in 1.0 up until the sixth mission. During this open as many crates as you can and play all tapes you can find. Crates that are opened will not be refilled with loot again and tapes that are played cannot be spawned as loot in new chests. Doing this you will hopefully find 1,2 or even 3 tapes if you are exceptionally lucky.
- The 4th tape will spawn after the second mission. you will find the black box next to a couple of crates, in these crates, you can find the only history tape that will guarantee spawn. DO NOT MISS IT, it will not spawn anywhere else. If you lose this accidentally in the wasteland you will soft lock this achievement.
- After playing until the sixth mission find a few unopened oranges and or silver crates, preferably not too close to where you enter the radius in case the tapes only spawn in late-game areas.
- Drop a save point BEFORE opening these, and strap yourself in for the long haul.
- Put on some music or a podcast because for the next 2 to 5 hours you will be repeating the next few steps.
- Open the crate
- Play any tape that is inside with the tape recorder on your map. if there is no tape: Tough luck, reload the save
- Check if the tape is one of the history tapes. If it is not: Tough luck, reload the save
- Save the game after you encounter one of the history tapes.
- Find a new crate for the next tape and repeat the steps above.
It’s incredibly aggravating to do but you get to count yourself as one of the 0.8% of players that got this achievement.
The easiest way of getting this achievement is to buy a tiger rifle after game completion. This will require a bit of setup and some glitches to work through.
- Buy a tiger rifle with an 8x scope and 2 clips and the necessary ammunition
- Make your way over to the Pechorsk Castle
- Go under the entrance and next to the door, position yourself against the wall, and press unstuck in the options.
- You will now be teleported on the roof where you had to be for the last mission.
- Take out your rifle and shoot the mimics on the other side of the castle wall. Try and create as much distance between you as possible, however, a straight shot should also be > 200m. But it never hurts to be careful.
This works because there is no fog on the Pechorsk castle map and you can see quite far. Also, try to pick out a mimic that does not have any armor on since you probably do not have armor-piercing bullets.
Complete the game in Ironman Mode
DISCLAIMER: I have yet to do this achievement but I know that it is possible, will update with more info after I complete it.
For this one, you need to make a new game with the ironman mode enabled. Make sure that you select realistically preset. So high enemy perception, sleeping does not restore health, a player is not shown on the map, etc. This achievement should unlock upon game end.
Take damage from Stomper anomaly
With a 0% global completion rate, this achievement is sadly broken in 2.1.3 but it will be fixed soon.
To unlock this achievement, you need to take damage from a stomper anomaly. these can be found in the Podeba Factory roaming around the left side of the map in the quarry.
Unfortunately, it seems that this achievement is bugged as some players have been reporting to not be able to obtain the achievement despite the completion of the achievement requirements.
That's everything we are sharing today for this Into the Radius VR guide. This guide was originally created and written by RainbowTaco_. In case we fail to update this guide, you can find the latest update by following this link.