This guide will be showing you how co-op works in Insurgency: Sandstorm. At the same time, we will also be giving you some of the best tips that you can use while playing Insurgency: Sandstorm co-op mode.
Insurgency: Sandstorm Co-Op Mode
Co-op is a 3-8 player game mode where you and your team fight against a Collection of Bots. There are several game modes that can change how you play. The game modes are;
- Checkpoint: Capture and Destroy the Objectives one at a time as you move through the area
- Hardcore Checkpoint: It’s the same as Checkpoint but you have a limited HUD, slower movement, and fewer Supply points
- Outpost: Hold Your Ground against Waves of Enemies. Gaining Supply points after each wave
- Survival: Stay on the move and survive until extraction, Secure objective Locations with stashes of random weapons
- Event Game modes: Events change every now and then, often giving a more of a challenge.
If you are newer to the game I would recommend starting with Checkpoint, as it is the simplest, but try what sounds fun.
It is important to remember the following;
- PLAY THE OBJECTIVE; it’s Quite simple, stay on and near the objective, (if you are Marksman you are somewhat exempt from this, but pay attention to the friendly Icons, if you only see 1 or 2, start booking it over). You can tell an enemy is on the objective in two ways, a Radio calls out, and by looking at the Objective Icon at the bottom of your screen, if its flashing, get on to it and try to clear it.
- Try to avoid standing in doorways, and windows, you could not only get yourself killed but also your allies.
- You can pick up magazines (or Mags for short) from dead people’s guns provided the gun is similar, Remember that While G36s use the same bullet as an M4 or M16 they use different mags, and AK 47s and 74s have different magazines if its metal, 47 and Orange is 74.
- Grab grenades, C4, IEDS, and Rocket Launchers off bodies, never know when you might need one.
- Be Careful with the Items mentioned previously, you are just as likely to kill an enemy with it as well as yourself or an ally.
- If there is a Commander and with now Observer while you’re playing rifleman, you should think about changing over to Observer you have the same weapons, and you can help call in Amazon delivery Drones and bring in the Brrrt.
Rifleman: Rifleman is the most simple class, you have a collection of Assault Rifles and Battle rifles, while they don’t have anything flashy they are still good overall, I recommend playing it if you are new.
Breacher: Breachers can Run various Submachine guns, PDWs, and Shotguns. But they also get access to C4 and IEDs. Breacher is one of the Fun classes and there are always 2 in a game, so grab an Uzi and slap a drum mag and nothing else and have fun.
Advisor: Advisor is Rifleman, but with a collection of unique weapons like MK 17 Mod 0s, SKS, P90s, and Vectors to name a few. Two Advisors can be present in a game, and let you try some fun weapons.
Demolitions: Demo is a very simple class, Explosives you have them. You have access to C4 and IEDs as well as 4 different Rocket launchers (2 single-use Launchers and 2 Launchers with Reloads as long as you have the Heavy Carrier). But you can also slap a Grande launcher on your rifles (at least some). There is only a single Demo in a game, but if you get it, you can run with both C4, IED, and a Rocket launcher with a grande launcher, but you won’t have much else, but hey you can turn several people into chunky red soup.\
Marksman: Marksman is the Sniper class, you have access to several Semi-automatic Marksman rifles, 2 Bolt action rifles, and 2 Anti-material rifles. There is only one Marksman per game. I would also like to remind you not to hog this class, as a lot of people like to play it, so when map change happens swap over to a different class and let others have their fun. I would also Like to mention 2 things, First, the Anti-material rifles (M82A1 CQB and M99) can rip limbs from bodies and cause your victims to rag doll across the road, and Secondly, the M1 Grand can have Rifle grenades.
Gunner: Gunners use Light Machines Guns (LMGs) and enjoy the sound of tinnitus due to the 100+ rounds they can rip out. Gunner is as simple as Rifleman, but it is probably the funniest. Only one Gunner is available in a game. While it is tempting to only run the MG3 and roleplay a German soldier at D-day, don’t sleep on M249 or the PKM they are quite fun too.
Observer & Commander: Roll these together because you Commanders don’t work without an Observer. Commanders and Observer/s are very helpful while you can only have one commander you can have 2 Observers. As a commander, you can call in different Fire supports, as a Security you can call in two different Helicopters (a Gunship that opens up with a Rocket volley and has High explosive ammo and a Helicopter with Miniguns that can tear through cover) as well as a Gun run from an A10, while the Insurgents can call in a Drone Strike, and an IED drone as well as Chemical mortars. Both sides have access to Artillery strikes with Explosives or Smoke. However you Observers must be within 10 meters (or ~32 feet I think), to call in the supports.
- There are ammo boxes scattered about (they are the greyish boxes) they will refill a few magazines and are client-side, so don’t worry about others needing them (Note this might get changed in the future)
- Shotguns can run 3 different ammo types, Buckshot (default), Flechettes (Helps against armor), and Slugs (Basically a normal bullet good for some extra range). Flechettes and Slugs do cost 1 supply type.
- Tracers are a Free Upgrade letting you shoot bullets that have a small trail that can let you know where your shots are going, good for LMGs for a laser show.
- Most sights (excluding the 1x sights) will have an alternative mode, such as increasing or decreasing the zoom or swapping to a separate sight.
- Armour isn’t the most useful thing in this game. Heavy armor and Light armor generally stop the same amount of shots (but Heavy does a little better against explosives) and you are also slower, but it’s mostly personal preference.
- Shotguns and bolt actions rifles, don’t spawn with the maximum amount, they can have, go over to a resupply box and grab some extra, also you can load 1 more shell into the shotgun.
- More All of the other guns (except for the LMGs, shotguns, and the Uzi) can hold 1 extra shot. If you don’t fire all of the rounds in a mag, you keep 1 extra bullet in the chamber of the gun.
- There is a Communication Wheel that allows you to make a few call-outs, from a simple yes and no, to point out where you saw some enemies and also calling them mean names or insulting their family it is also how Commanders can tell their Observer/s to get the ♥♥♥♥ back here to call in some support
- Play the Tutorial and go to the Range. At the Range, you can try out all the guns and the attachments that are on them but remember that you can’t take explosive launchers unless you are a Demolitions
- The easiest way to learn the Map is to look at the map and shadow another player, or just explore, never know might find a nice hiding spot if you ever want to play PVP