If you’re tired of those annoying Sword of Rapier crashing during startup, while in-game, or when some random cutscenes appear, stop worrying. This article will give you the working solution on how to instantly fix the crashing and other fatal errors in Sword of Rapier.
With the game now available for everyone, many players have been encountering those Sword of Rapier crashes. Well, you’re not alone as we also encountered that issue. However, these kinds of Sword of Rapier crashing issues can be easily fixed without even breaking a sweat. Read on as we give you the tested and proven troubleshooting processes to help you get back in action and enjoy the overall gaming experience in Sword of Rapier.
How to Fix Sword of Rapier Crashing?
To fix the Sword of Rapier crashing issues, we need to start from the very basic troubleshooting steps. Please note that these initial troubleshooting steps may fix the crashing issues on Sword of Rapier for some players. However, if it doesn’t help, just like what we experienced, then you can proceed with the more advanced method. Without further ado, let’s get started.
🛠️ Basic Troubleshooting Steps
- Restart Your Computer
- Disable Windows OS Firewall
- Meet the Sword of Rapier System Requirements
If Sword of Rapier still crashes after doing these 3 basic steps, then let’s proceed with the advanced troubleshooting methods. Since the majority of the players are not getting this %% term_name%% crashing issues, there’s a huge chance that your gaming problems are isolated. Meaning, the problem could be on your end.
🔄 Update Your PC Drivers
Hardware drivers are usually overlooked, which results in becoming outdated. Having an outdated PC driver will surely result in this kind of crashing problem. Take note that Sword of Rapier requires the latest version of drivers to run properly. And if you haven’t updated your computer’s drivers for a while, now is the best time to do so.
Make sure that you download the latest update for your graphics card, Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables, and DirectX. However, your computer may still be missing some important graphics drivers. Which is why you should thoroughly check it. If you don’t want to waste your time searching for compatible PC drivers, we recommend using 3rd party software like Driver Booster and Driver Easy to automatically update the needed drivers of your computer.
Pro Tip: We used Driver Easy to fix the crashing issues on Sword of Rapier. This is optional but highly recommended if you don’t want to face any driver-related compatibility issues.
- Download Driver Easy for FREE, then install it on your computer.
- Open Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. This will scan any incompatible, corrupted, and outdated driver of your PC.
- Once done, click the Update All button to automatically update your drivers.
- Simply wait until Driver Easy completes the download and installation process.
- Restart your computer once the driver updates have been completed.
👨🏻💻 Run Sword of Rapier as Administrator
Just like any other applications installed on your computer, running Sword of Rapier as an administrator will remove any permission-related concerns. While we did not use this method in this case, we already tried running other video games as an administrator and it fixed the freezing issues. There’s nothing wrong in trying, so feel free to see if playing Sword of Rapier as an administrator will fix your problem.
To locate the executable file of Sword of Rapier, here’s the steps:
- Go to your Library on Steam.
- Right-click Sword of Rapier and select Properties.
- Under the Installed Files tab, click the Browse button to open the game directory.
- From there, right-click on the .exe file of Sword of Rapier then select Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab and click the checkbox next to the Run this program as an administrator option.
- Save the changes by clicking the Apply button on the lower screen.
- After saving, launch and test Sword of Rapier.
🔎 Verify Game Integrity Files
The two methods mentioned above usually fixed the crashing and compatibility issues of Sword of Rapier. But if the issue persist, try checking the game files if they are all intact and not corrupted. Having a corrupted Sword of Rapier is no doubt the main reason why it’s crashing. Here’s how to verify the game files:
- Open Steam and go to the Library tab.
- Right-click Sword of Rapier and select Properties.
- Go to the Local Files option then click Verify integrity of game files…
- Wait for Steam to validate Sword of Rapier’s files.
- Re-launch Sword of Rapier to see if you can play it properly.
That’s an easy 5-steps process, right?
🎯 Extra Troubleshooting Method
If you still get these crashing issues, here are the additional steps that you can try:
- Perform a Clean Boot: The clean boot method is the best way to identify the causes of software compatibility-related issues. This will allow you to launch Sword of Rapier without worrying about the other software that you have on your computer.
- Terminate Background-Running Applications: Just like any other Windows software, Sword of Rapier will require a specific amount of resources to smoothly run. Closing resource-hogging apps like Chrome Browser will help your computer to focus on Sword of Rapier.
- Contact the Support Team: If all else fails, reaching the official support of Sword of Rapier is the last option to try. You can try posting your concerns on the Discussion Community of Sword of Rapier on Steam.
Having these crashing experiences while playing Sword of Rapier is kind of annoying. But we are hoping that the Sword of Rapier troubleshooting methods that we mentioned above helped you. If you have any more concern, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.