A detailed achievement guide and walkthrough to get you your 100% as quickly and effortlessly as possible. Step-by-step instructions.
Evil Possession Achievement Guide
- Estimated difficulty: 2/10
- Estimated 100% time: 1-2 hours
- Offline/online achievements: 19 offline / 0 online
- Number of playthroughs: 2 if you don’t die
- Glitched achievements: None
- Missable Achievements: None
Welcome to the house
Read the note at the start of the game.
Close encounter and Close encounter without dying
Grab the oil lantern to the right of the note, then head upstairs. Go into the upstairs bathroom (right side of the staircase) and then into the girls’ room (left side of the staircase). Once the girl starts chasing you, simply run around the house until she despawns.
After being tasked to find 6 candles, interact with the basement door (to the left of the lower bathroom in the courtyard).
The search and The search without dying
The candles spawn randomly, but they have general areas that they spawn in and aren’t very hard to find.
- In the entrance room where you start the game.
- Dining room.
- Both floors of the courtyard.
- Both bathrooms.
- In the room with the doll. (right side upstairs, directly across from the bathroom)
- The bedroom to the right of the doll room.
- The girl’s room.
The set up and The set up without dying
Head downstairs and grab the bag you placed down at the start of the game, then head up to the room where the ghost first chased us. You will be tasked with finding 6 altars.
- In the girl’s room.
- On the table just past the door where the doll is upstairs.
- In the bathroom upstairs.
- In the bathroom downstairs. (bottom of the courtyard staircase)
- In the kitchen near the fridge.
- On the table near the first note we read.
The prayer and The prayer without dying
Now we need to perform the ritual by spamming the spacebar on the altars in a specific order. You can figure out the order by looking at the roman numeral next to each altar.
- The kitchen.
- Upstairs bathroom.
- Starting area.
- The room just outside the doll room.
- Downstairs bathroom.
- The girl’s room.
The 3 keys and The 3 keys without dying
This next section is likely the hardest of the game if you get unlucky. All around the house are desks and drawers you can search for keys. We need to find 3, and they can be in any drawer with no way of telling which ones actually have a key. I highly suggest searching everywhere but the bathrooms and praying you get all 3. The bathrooms are basically death traps.
The liberation and The liberation without dying
Finally, head to the basement (you can find the door directly to the left of the downstairs bathroom) and follow the left path to find a rosary in the coffin. Sprint all the way back to the girl’s room to finish the game.
Complete the game with less than 5 deaths, Complete the game with less than 3 deaths, and Complete the game without dying
Hopefully, throughout this process, you didn’t die once. But if you did, you’ll know exactly how to speedrun the game now. It’s worth mentioning that I didn’t earn the achievement for 0 deaths when doing my hard mode run. I had to replay normal for that, so I’m assuming these 3 can only be earned on normal.
Difficulty Hard Complete and Difficulty Hard without dying
Hard mode is pretty much exactly the same as Normal, except the girl moves pretty damn fast. I personally found her AI in this to be a little easier to manipulate though, possibly due to her speed. Some things to keep in mind:
- Play normal mode first and learn where everything is.
- I never stopped sprinting. The girl can move pretty fast, so I speedran the objectives and kited her around the house as necessary. If I had an objective upstairs and she was nearby, I would try to lure her downstairs and vice versa.
- The girl has to open doors to enter rooms. I used this to my advantage whenever I had to go into bathrooms or during the key step so I knew exactly which direction she was coming from. Be careful you don’t get stuck on a door, though!
- Spend as little time in the bathrooms as possible. These are the easiest area to accidentally die.
That's everything we are sharing today for this Evil Possession guide. This guide was originally created and written by Stef. In case we fail to update this guide, you can find the latest update by following this link.