Points to note when achieving the achievement called Auld Alliance Revered in Europa Universalis IV.
- On 11th Nov 1444, you should form a military alliance with Castile and Burgundy. Do not form an alliance with France, but royal marriage instead. This prevents you from being called to war in the event of Surrender of Maine.
- Takedown all Irish provinces as fast as you can, but take note of your aggressive expansion, try to avoid increasing aggressive expansion of England. Personal must-do suggestion: core Ulster and Tyrone (such that your transportation to Ireland will not be affected by the strong English Navy). Try to vassal 2 Irish countries from war (forced vassal). Sell each of them 5 Irish provinces for 0 ducats. They will help you a lot in the war against England.
- After you are done with Ireland, the Surrender of Maine and the War of Rose should be over. England at this moment should be at a relatively low manpower stage. Declare war on England and put all your armies on Dumfries (with a fortress) and wait for the English army to attack you. When their army is totally defeated, occupy and force England at least to cede Northumberland to you, which allows you to do a quick attack on English land without spending time on the siege.
- When you occupy London, DO NOT press the policy “Form Great Britain”. This will lead to failure in achieving this achievement.
- Try to form an alliance with Austria at this moment, when Castile / Austria can both be called to war, you can start to conquer French provinces.
- When France is small enough to be visualized (i.e. at least lower than 100 development), force them to be a Scottish vassal in a war.
And that concludes this Europa Universalis IV guide. Do you have any suggestions to improve this guide? Please let us know by leaving a comment below. For any other concerns, please reach us using the contact details found on the contact page.