- Title: Etrian Odyssey HD
- Release Date: June 1, 2023
- Developer: ATLUS
- Publisher: SEGA
The following information pertains to the retirement mechanics in Etrian Odyssey HD.
In Etrian Odyssey 1, there is a feature called “Retirement.” Once an adventurer reaches level 30, you have the option to retire them at the Explorer’s Guild. Retiring an adventurer will result in the following:
- Resetting the adventurer’s level to 1.
- Removing all current equipment.
- Allowing you to change the adventurer’s name.
- Allowing you to change the adventurer’s class.
- Providing additional bonuses based on the adventurer’s current class and level.
The retirement bonuses include extra statistics and skill points. The specific statistic that receives an increase depends on the adventurer’s current class, and the amount of increase is determined by the adventurer’s current level.
Here is a list of which classes contribute to each statistic:
- STR: Landsknecht, Ronin
- TEC: Medic, Alchemist, Hexer
- AGI: Dark Hunter, Survivalist, Troubadour
Furthermore, the number of skill points and statistics you receive upon retirement is based on your current level:
- Level 30-39: +2 skill points, +1 statistic
- Level 40-49: +3 skill points, +1 statistic
- Level 50-59: +4 skill points, +2 statistics
- Level 60-69: +5 skill points, +2 statistics
- Level 70: +6 skill points, +3 statistics
As an example, retiring a level 45 Landsknecht will provide the retired adventurer with a +2 STR bonus and +3 skill points.
It’s important to note that retiring the same adventurer multiple times will not stack the bonuses.
That's everything we are sharing today for this Etrian Odyssey HD guide. This guide was originally created and written by Rockisch. In case we fail to update this guide, you can find the latest update by following this link.