- Title: Contra Anniversary Collection
- Release Date:
Using the free ReShade program, I have created a simple fix that will make Castlevania Anniversary and Contra Anniversary look a little better and will stretch the image without distorting the ratio so that you don’t have so much wasted screen space.
1. Download ReShade from Reshade.
NOTE: If your browser flags this file as suspicious, it’s likely that a newly updated version of ReShade was released very recently, and Microsoft/Google hasn’t yet had adequate time to verify the safety of this new version.
2. Run the downloaded ReShade_Setup_X.X.X.exe file.
3. Select ‘Game (Game.exe)’ and check below to make sure the targeted directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\XXXXX Anniversary Collection…) is correct, then click ‘Next’.
4. Select the Microsoft DirectX 9 radio button (because Konami Anniversary Collections run on DirectX 9).
5. Don’t select a Preset by clicking ‘Skip’.
6. Select and install the following effect packages and shaders (or more, if you want to tinker later on your own):
- Any or all the shaders from the default SweetFX package;
- AspectRatio from Fubax-shaders package;
- HQ4X from Legacy effects package.
7. Run the game, read the ReShade tutorial, and REMEMBER THAT THE HOME KEY TOGGLES THE RESHADE WINDOW.
8. Activate [AspectRatio.fx] and adjust the ‘Scale image’ slider to whatever you desire – I use a value 1.206 with my 1080p monitor for NES/SNES games and 1.226 for Contra arcade games.
9. Optional: Activate/deactivate and tinker with other shaders to adjust the image quality to your preference. For the Konami Collection games, I like to activate [HQ4X.fx] with ‘Strength’ set to 1.000, [LumaSharpen.fx] with ‘Sharpening strength’ set to 3.000, and [CRT.fx] with ‘Amount’ set to 0.300.
That's everything we are sharing today for this Contra Anniversary Collection guide. This guide was originally created and written by BenzoSt. In case we fail to update this guide, you can find the latest update by following this link.