- Title: Booth: A Dystopian Adventure
- Release Date:
This guide will be showing you the complete walkthrough and steps-by-step process on how to unlock and get all achievements in Booth: A Dystopian Adventure. Keep in mind that this guide contains spoilers for the game. Continue reading at your own risk.
Booth: A Dystopian Adventure presents an engaging interactive narrative centered around the character Ned Crawford, a food inspector stationed in the Iden skyline belt. In a world plagued by famine and marked by Ned’s troubled history and predictable future, players are entrusted with determining the ultimate outcome of his journey.
Booth boasts a remarkable storyline and employs nuanced storytelling techniques, enabling players to gradually unravel the intricate fabric of its dystopian universe. Despite its excellence, there exists a noticeable scarcity of readily available information regarding this exceptional game. My goal is to enhance accessibility to ensure that more players can fully appreciate its unique narrative.
The achievement guide below contains spoilers. Beware!
Good Day, Goodbye
Complete Chapter 1.
Complete Chapter 2.
Complete Chapter 3.
The Corner and the Cage
Complete Chapter 4.
To the Great Beyond
Complete Chapter 5.
Win more than $200 in the Welfare Lottery in a single playthrough.
Heart of Ludo
Buy and play the Gameboi. (Cost: $3000)
Finish the Newcomer Audition without any mistakes.
Complete the Employee Survey without being suspected.
Born To Win
Get an average ranking of A or S when reaching an ending.
Visit the Karaoke Box on your day off.
Visit the Mountain Peak at dawn on your day off.
Visit the Swimming Gym on your day off.
Memory of Katja
Help Katja and have a conversation with her about family.
Memory of Chan
Get aquainted with Chan and spend your day off with her.
Memory of Iori
Get aquainted with Iori and spend your day off with her.
Memory of Elodie
Get acquainted with Elodie and spend your day off with her.
Memory of A
Meet A at three distinct locations. She may be found at the Swimming Gym, will appear if you place an order with Call Girl, and has a 50% chance to do so if you place an order with E.C. If you are familiar enough with Elodie or Iori, you can ask Zen after the employee survey.
With Iori’s Paperweight, flee to Tuland. You must assist DEES, offer Iori a Tuland Beer, and place a whole order from Zen in order to do this.
Go to Tuland to flee. You must assist DEES in order to achieve this.
Turn into one of them. Play for the government to do this, but hold from reporting DEES until your meeting with Rupert AFTER the court hearing.
Old days recalled. Play perfectly for the government.
Brave New World
Embarked on a new journey.
I’ve outlined a thorough plan for completing objectives below, along with information on how to complete some of the trickier or confusing achievements. To complete this game’s accomplishments, you must play through it at least four times.
At the start of the game, you’ll delve into Ned’s past through a memorable scene. Following a brief tutorial, you’ll secure a position as an official food inspector for the night shift. Here, you’ll meet your coworkers, Demian and Awan. Awan will entrust you with a Gift and inform you to anticipate a forthcoming phone call. Subsequent playthroughs can skip these scenes once you’ve completed the game.
Upon reaching your booth, Turner will guide you through its various amenities. While we won’t delve into the entire array of game mechanics and strategies, it’s essential to grasp the game’s overall progression.
Before commencing your work, you have the option to order food. Ordering from the delivery girls repeatedly can foster a relationship with them. Additionally, every few days, Nastia may appear before your shift, providing access to a Catalog where you can purchase food, decorations, and items, some of which are crucial for achieving specific accomplishments.
Always make it a point to acquire the Welfare Lottery ticket from Nastia. The items you purchase will be delivered during her subsequent visit.
After completing your work, you’ll receive a daily grade based on the number of errors made or any delays in processing items. Once unlocked, you can employ Focus to assist you in managing high item volumes or when you’re cutting it close to the end of your shift.
Following work, your ordered food will be delivered, and you should consume it to replenish your health before resting. Certain decorations, such as books, can also restore health, albeit with diminishing returns. Sleep will also impact your health, usually recovering 10-15% of it, so there’s no need to be at full health before bedtime. Occasionally, sleep might decrease your health, depending on Ned’s mental state in the story. However, this can be offset by ordering additional food.
This guide caters to achievement enthusiasts who seek to optimize their gameplay specifically for unlocking achievements. Booth is an exceptional game, and I highly recommend embarking on an initial blind playthrough to fully immerse yourself in the story, making your own decisions.
Save 1: For the Government
In our initial playthrough, our objective is to guide Ned down the path of ‘failure’ by demonstrating unwavering loyalty to the government of Iden. This approach will provide us with valuable insights into the functioning of this world and simultaneously unlock several fundamental achievements. It’s worth noting that some of these achievements have stringent requirements, so accomplishing them early will grant us greater flexibility in shaping our future gameplay!
Born to Win
Heart of Ludo
In our initial playthrough, our primary goal is to achieve the Mobius ending, which comes with the strictest set of criteria for success. This achievement will also lay the foundation for us to eventually reach the Breaking Bad ending, which we’ll address at a later stage.
Here are the key guidelines for attaining the Mobius ending:
- Zero Mistakes: You must strive for perfection. Receiving an S rank for every shift is essential. Fortunately, the game’s learning curve is quite forgiving. Any errors, no matter how small, can lead to Rupert firing you for subpar performance, ultimately altering your ending. If you happen to make a mistake, promptly press Esc and select “Restart Task,” or reload the day from the main menu. This action will also unlock the achievements Champagne Supernova and Born to Win.
- No Workplace Souvenirs: Resist the temptation to take anything from your workplace, whether it’s the mysterious black bottles or the occasional Rollcakes that pass through the line. Report any Rollcakes to avoid making a mistake, then let them proceed down the line to prevent a mishap. You might have the option to dispose of them, but I’ve never attempted it, as the instruction advises, “Take it or leave it.”
- Immediate Secret Reporting: It’s crucial to promptly decide to secretly report Katja.
- Clean Booth, No Incriminating Evidence: Keep your booth free of any incriminating evidence, including Awan’s Gift and Katja’s Map. Ensure they remain in your inventory, and under no circumstances should you hand over the Map to a delivery girl.
- No Relationships with Delivery Girls: Avoid forming any relationships with the delivery girls. Ned’s enthusiasm may lead him to mention “spinners” in casual conversations after encountering the same girl a few times, which could prompt Rupert to accuse you of thought crime. To sustain yourself, order food in large quantities to minimize the need for frequent calls, and refrain from ordering from the same place repeatedly. You can also purchase extra food from Nastia if necessary, with Milky Pops being a good choice.
- Off-Day Choices: On your days off, do not visit the Swimming Gym. Instead, opt for the Karaoke Box or Mountain Peak activities. The Swimming Gym can be explored in a subsequent playthrough, and this choice won’t affect the Mobius ending.
- Avoid Spinner Inquiries: Do not inquire about spinners on your day off.
- Employee Survey Caution: Exercise extreme caution during the Employee Survey, particularly starting on Day 32, to avoid arousing suspicion.
To do this, answer the following:
- Correct Rupert about your Booth number.
- Say you work For the People.
- Stick to your answer.
- Be honest about your mother’s 15 year care.
- Criminals deserve a second chance.
- Treat food inspection as a lifelong career.
- Tell Demian you’ve been honest.
- Say you were devastated.
- You work For the People.
- Ask your father to give himself up.
- Choose the girl you went out with on your day off.
- She’s an Acquaintance.
- Yes, you want to be Friends.
- Don’t tell Demian what you heard about him.
- Report only Awan. (For Mobius)
- OR don’t tell him anything. (For Breaking Bad)
- Don’t defend for Katja.
This will unlock Dodge These.
Continuing with your quest for the Mobius ending and potentially the Breaking Bad ending, here’s what you should do during the court trials:
- Be Open to Investigation: During the court trials, maintain an open attitude towards investigation.
If you’ve diligently followed all the preceding instructions, you will find yourself in the interrogation room with Rupert instead of facing judgment in court. However, if any errors were made along the way, Rupert will dismiss you from your position.
Here are the outcomes based on your actions:
- Reporting Awan: If you reported Awan as instructed, you will successfully achieve the Mobius ending.
- Not Reporting Anything: If you chose not to report anything, you will now have an opportunity to report DEES. This action will lead to the Breaking Bad ending. To trigger this outcome, make sure to revisit Day 36 of your saved game and modify your response accordingly.
In addition, if you’ve consistently earned S ranks, you should have accumulated a substantial amount of money. This will enable you to purchase the Gameboi from Nastia and play it, ultimately unlocking the Heart of Ludo achievement. Keep in mind that the Gameboi costs $3000, so ensure you’ve saved up accordingly for this purchase.
Save 2: For DEES
In our current setup, there’s a feature enabling automatic playback and dialogue skipping, as well as the option to skip work-related tasks. Opting for the latter will result in achieving a median rank of C. In this particular playthrough, I suggest refraining from skipping work tasks to guarantee sufficient income for unlocking this set of achievements. However, if you decide to skip dialogues, it’s essential to closely monitor your phone calls, as DEES will consistently inform you when black bottles are scheduled to appear on the production line. These are the days where skipping work is not permissible.
Brave New World
Memory of Iori
Memory of Katja
Memory of A
To simultaneously achieve two ending achievements and pave the way for pursuing the Brave New World path in our DEES playthrough, follow this comprehensive strategy:
- Exclusive Orders from Zen: Start by ordering exclusively from Zen (717-5577) every day.
- Tuland Beer for Iori: Keep a close watch on Nastia’s Catalog for a Tuland Beer. When it becomes available, make sure to purchase it and give it to Iori before your day off.
- Allying with DEES: To establish an alliance with DEES, you’ll need to take at least one black bottle from the work line. You have three opportunities, and it’s not mandatory to get all three, but obtaining at least one before Oshimi arrives will help keep your inventory clear. Additionally, clear out Katja’s Map by giving it to Iori.
- Conserving Money: Instead of books, save your money for the Call Girl service later. Opt for ordering food, with Milky Pops from Nastia being a great choice due to their four 10% servings for $40.
- Thankstarving and Katja: Prioritize food for Thankstarving. When Katja arrives at your door, choose not to report her. After work, interact with Katja by clicking on her portrait and giving her food. The recovery amount of the food doesn’t matter. After feeding her three times, she’ll inform you that she’s full for the week and won’t accept more food. Eventually, you’ll have the chance to talk to Katja and open up about your family. Stick to your choice of not reporting Katja to unlock the Memory of Katja achievement.
- Call Girl Service: On Day 18, you’ll receive a Call Girl card (161-6969) costing $1000. Order as soon as possible. There’s a 50% chance that A will show up as your call girl, leading to your first encounter in this playthrough. If another girl arrives, reload to before you made the call and try again. Note that A may no longer be available through Call Girl services after the Employee Survey due to a job change.
- Day Off with Iori: Spend your day off at the Swimming Gym with Iori. If you previously gave Iori a Tuland Beer, she’ll return the favor with a beautiful Paperweight. Keep this item in your inventory, as you’ll need it for the Innocence achievement. You can also encounter A here for your second interaction in this playthrough. After the date, you’ll unlock the Memory of Iori.
- Employee Survey: You have more freedom in answering the Employee Survey questions since you’re already on the DEES path, and your answers won’t affect the ending. However, avoid telling Rupert about Awan, the Unknown Man, or sharing information about DEES. Do not leave Awan’s Gift in your booth while you’re gone.
- A’s Third Encounter: After the Employee Survey, Iori will be missing, but you should continue ordering from Zen. There’s a chance to encounter A for the third and final time, unlocking the Memory of A.
- Court Hearings and DEES Alliance: During the court hearings, contact the lawyer Quinn to solidify your alliance with DEES. The missions can be challenging. For the item-counting mission, consider counting them in batches rather than sequentially. For instance, count 5, then 7, then 8.
- Final Steps: If you’ve followed all the steps correctly, you’ll escape from Iden with DEES’s assistance, unlocking the Arrival achievement. If you have Iori’s Paperweight in your inventory, you’ll also unlock the Innocence achievement. Before clicking on the radio to end the game, there’s one last task.
- Phone Number from Letters: Locate a postcard in an envelope in the top-right corner. It has a number on it, and if you’ve been attentive, you’ll realize that all Letters in the game contain a secret number. Combine these numbers to form a complete phone number (341-2593). Dial this number on the phone.
- Final Boss Fight: Don’t be misled by the Tutorial-esque landscape; this is the final boss fight with three trials:
- Trial 1: Gate of Mastery: A normal belt but more challenging. Complete all tests and sanitation requirements.
- Trial 2: Gate of Memory: The screen fades slowly. Take a screenshot or note down the content.
- Trial 3: Gate of Rule: In this trial, you determine the qualifying tests for items like shrimp, crab, small fish, and big fish. Check for germs first, then specify the weight and color of the items you want to ship. These rules will apply to all similar items. For instance, if you specify a Crab with 400 Weight and Blue, all other Crabs must meet these criteria.
Upon successfully completing the three trials, you’ll witness the true ending and unlock the achievements.
Save 3+4: Final Cleanup
We have now successfully accessed all the possible conclusions in the game. However, there is still a need to revisit certain parts to encounter the other delivery girls. Fortunately, this process should be quite efficient as we can expedite through conversations and work assignments. Unless you have yet to encounter Lottery King, it is advisable to reset the game after your day off.
Memory of Chan
Memory of Elodie
- To encounter Chan, you can order from Föok Wong at 887-7655. She can be a bit tricky to find, but if you call her on Day 1 and keep trying, you’re more likely to reach her on subsequent days. Chan will eventually request some “good food,” which you’ll need to steal from work. Spending your day off with Chan will unlock the Memory of Chan.
- For Elodie, ordering from E.C.’s Family Restaurant at 636-8866 is the way to go. Her relationship path is straightforward. You can opt to study for the Ministry exams with her to unlock different dialogue options with Rupert when choosing “I want a job in the Ministry.” Spending your day off with Elodie will unlock the Memory of Elodie.
- There’s one more date spot available. If you’ve already been to the Swimming Gym, choose the option you didn’t pick in your first playthrough, either Sunset Peak or the Karaoke Box.
- The Welfare Lottery can be accessed through Nastia’s Catalog starting on Day 2, with the last ticket available on Day 33. To unlock Lottery King, you need to win a total of $200 in a single playthrough. If you haven’t been lucky so far, make sure to play through Day 33. The amount of your winnings is determined when you purchase the ticket from Nastia, not when you scratch it. Therefore, you can reload on Catalog days until you get a favorable outcome.
Congratulations! That covers all the necessary steps. I hope you had as much fun playing the game as I did!
That's everything we are sharing today for this Booth: A Dystopian Adventure guide. This guide was originally created and written by RynFTW. In case we fail to update this guide, you can find the latest update by following this link.