Back 4 Blood achievements work similarly to its predecessor, Left 4 Dead. There are some natural campaign progression achievements, some hidden collectibles, and some grindy and specific ones that require a little bit more work. All in all this is a fun type of game to 100%!
Fort Hope Achievements
These achievements can all be done in the lobby.
Welcome to the apocalypse – Good luck out there, you’re gunna need it.
- You’ll get this one when you load into the game for the first time.
Squad Up – Form a party in Fort Hope.
- Have someone join your lobby while still in Fort Hope.
Expanding the Arsenal – Spend your first Supply Point.
- Supply points are earned by successfully completing a campaign mission, or winning or losing a game of Swarm.
Unmissable Campaign Achievements
All of these achievements are obtained via natural progression through the campaign of this game. There are also achievements for completing each Act of the campaign on the three difficulties.
- Paid the Toll – Complete the Devil’s Return.
- This Round’s On Me – Complete Search & Rescue.
- Breakfast Can Wait – Complete The Dark Before The Dawn.
- Enemy of Mine – Complete Blue Dog Hollow.
- Act 1 Recruit – Complete all Act 1 maps on Recruit difficulty or higher.
- Act 1 Veteran – Complete all Act 1 maps on Veteran difficulty or higher.
- Act 1 Cleaner – Complete all Act 1 maps on Nightmare difficulty.
- Bob’s Your Uncle – Complete The Armory.
- Down the Drain – Complete Plan B.
- Of Biblical Proportions – Complete Job 10:22.
- Act 2 Recruit – Complete all Act 2 maps on Recruit difficulty or higher.
- Act 2 Veteran – Complete all Act 2 maps on Veteran difficulty or higher.
- Act 2 Cleaner – Complete all Act 2 maps on Nightmare difficulty.
- Don’t You Eat My Neighbor – Complete Dr. Roger’s Neighborhood.
- Paved With Good Intestines – Complete Remnants.
- Act 3 Recruit – Complete all Act 3 maps on Recruit difficulty or higher.
- Act 3 Veteran – Complete all Act 3 maps on Veteran difficulty or higher.
- Act 3 Cleaner – Complete all Act 3 maps on Nightmare difficulty.
- Act 4 Recruit – Complete Act 4 on Recruit difficulty or higher.
- Act 4 Veteran – Complete Act 4 on Veteran difficulty or higher.
- Act 4 Cleaner – Complete Act 4 on Nightmare difficulty.
Missable Campaign Achievements
Snitches Get Stitches – Kill a Snitch without it alerting the horde.
- The easiest way to do this is to use a frag grenade. You can also flashbang them and quickly finish them off with a shotgun or a suppressed weapon. There is a corruption card that spawns mutated Snitches that alert the horde even on insta-death, so it’s not possible in that scenario.
Breakfest – Kill a Monstrous Breaker after removing all of its armor.
Jugger-not – Make a Breaker hurt itself.
- Basically, you have to lure a Breaker to pounce into an explosive, this can be red barrels or even a gas pump.
Brute Force – Kill an Ogre with the Howitzer.
Clean Up Crew – Complete a mission without any players being incapacitated or killed.
- There are a lot of really short missions, play one of those on Recruit and this achievement shouldn’t be too hard.
Grateful Eight – Complete a mission with each Cleaner.
- Successfully finish one mission as Holly, Evangelo, Mom, Walker, Hoffman, Doc, Jim and Karlee. The latter 4 are unlocked after you make it through the first half of Act 1: Resurgence, Tunnel of Blood, Pain Train and The Crossing.
Apocalypse Pacifist – Complete a map without any players on the team killing a single Ridden.
- You need at least 2 players for this, as solo runs don’t currently award achievements. Bot kills apparently do not affect your ability to unlock this achievement, however. I suggest attempting this on a really short mission like Resurgence, on Recruit difficulty. Pick cards for health and speed/stamina, and make sure no one is running Combat Knife, so your bash doesn’t kill. You’ll need to be able to shove zombies back if surrounded without accidentally killing them. Run through as fast as possible, avoiding hazards like crows. As long as no real players kill a Ridden, the achievement should pop as long as 1 person makes it to the Safe Room.
Dead Quiet – Complete a map without ever triggering a horde from Reekers, Birds, Snitches, or alarms.
- The Cleaner Karlee can sense nearby hazards which can be helpful for getting this achievement. A coordinated 4-man team in comms will make getting this achievement less of a pain, just take it slow, kill Reekers from far away, avoid the birds, and leave that damn money in the cop car.
Stacked Deck – Play 25 cards in a single match.
Jukebox Hero – Defend the jukebox in Bar Room Blitz without breaking it
Nemesis – Safely descend the ladder in the construction zone in Resurgence.
- On Resurgence through the construction area there will be an area you need to drop down. Just go up to the ladder and press E, then hold W. I know this is one of the hardest achievements in the game, but avoid the impulses that tell you to just jump.
Brought a Knife to a Gunfight – Complete a level while getting at least 50 kills with melee weapons.
- This one is pretty easy. Just pick a character that starts with a melee weapon like Holly or Evangelo, and practice your swings. It helps to bring a deck catered towards a melee build too, but on easier difficulties, it’s not necessary.
A Humerus Weapon – Kill 10 Ridden with Bob’s Arm.
- On Act 2: The Armory, A Handy Man you will destroy Nests to uncovered parts of Bob. On the third and final one, you will find Bob’s arm. This can be used as a melee weapon. Only one person can wield it at a time, so if you have multiple people in a group that want the achievement, save a cop car alarm to trigger a horde for more Ridden to kill.
Secrets in Campaign Achievements
These achievements involve finding a golden skull on certain maps, the you ‘collect’ by pressing E on. I will include screenshots and a brief description of the location, but if you prefer video guides, I highly recommend you check out this one:
Port Man Toe? – Find the secret in The Devil’s Return.
- Just before the Ferry boat if you hop off the bridge to the right, there is a cargo container. It is crashed into the side of the boat, at the bit closest to the boat the golden skull trophy is there.
Bell Hop – Find the secret in Search & Rescue.
Pallet Cleanser – Find the secret in The Dark before the Dawn.
Easily Mist – Find the secret in Blue Dog Hollow.
Cooped Up – Find the secret in The Armory.
Dangerous To Go Alone – Find the secret in Plan B.
Cryptozoologist – Find the secret in Dr. Roger’s Neighborhood.
Night of the Living Hedge – Find the secret in Dr. Rogers’ Neighborhood.
Once you make your way through the hedge maze to the mansion, turn back around. From the front of the mansion, take the path just right of the stairs leading back down. It is at a dead-end, not far from here.
Extra Credit – Find the secret in Remnants.
Mind Your Step – Find the secret in The Abomination.
Aside from one, all of these achievements can be done in both of the game modes, Campaign and Swarm.
Swarmed – Win a game in Swarm Mode.
- This one is easy, just win a game of swarm.
Good Riddence! – Kill 53,600 Ridden over your career.
- This can be done in campaign or swarm mode, just kill a bunch of Ridden. It will probably be one of the last achievements you get.
No Time for a Nap – Revive a fallen teammate.
- Go up to an incapacitated teammate and hold E. This is easier with certain cards that let you revive faster.
Hippocrates Would be Proud – Heal a teammate.
- You can use any of your healing items, painkillers, bandages, or a medkit, on an injured teammate. Doc can also apply field dressings to each teammate once per level, no healing item is required.
Share the Load – Drop some ammo for a teammate.
- Simply press tab and drag and drop any type of ammo off the side to drop it. I believe a teammate must actually pick it up for the achievement to pop though, so make sure it’s a type they need.
Don’t Ask… – Rescue a teammate from a cocoon.
- One of the special Ridden, Hockers, spit a projectile that webs a teammate in place. To free them, just run up and melee them.
Down, But Not Out – Kill 15 enemies while downed.
- The easiest way to do this is to go down with a melee weapon out. Have a teammate who is not incapacitated stand near you to lure Ridden over you, and hack and slash like mad.
Smörgåsbord – Kill at least one of each non-boss Mutation.
- Kill one of each of the following special Ridden: Snitchers, Sleepers, Bruisers, Tallboys, Crushers, Stingers, Stalkers, Hockers, Reekers, Exploders and Retches.