This guide describes what upgrades to take to obtain a powerful build that is capable of defeating Darkness 0 without runes and scales into higher Darkness with Runes
Shana is available by default.
Why take Shana?
- Shana gives the ability to reroll the upgrades available on level up, making it easier to hunt for specific upgrades and synergies.
- In addition, getting her Bonus XP Ascension from the first Boss can get you Snowballing into a powerhouse with level 60+ after 20 minutes.
- All bonuses on her Halo Ascension benefit this build greatly since core stats are reload speed and firing speed.
- Be mindful not to grab an upgrade with a penalty (written in red ingame) after gaining the “triple next upgrade” ascension.
The Weapon used for this build is the shotgun. Fire a volley and reload. That is the strength I want to emphasize.
The build focuses on shooting and reloading as quick as possible to deal damage and create a safe zone around you. This safe zone is mainly kept up by Fan Fire and later by the upgrades in the Frost Mage-Tree. The capstone Shatter in this tree provides insane crowd clearing and should be high priority after the second boss (the charger).
This is a list of the core upgrades in order of priority (baring Shatter) that are essential for the build:
- Quick Hands (+20% Reload, +5% fire rate)
- Fresh Clip (Reload rate +5%, +30% Bullet Damage for 1 second after reload)
- Double Shot (Projectiles +1, Spread +15, Bullet Damage -10%)
- Fan Fire (Last shot fires 10 additional bullets around you with 15% base bullet damage)
- Mini Clip (+100% Reload, Bullet Damage + 50%, Max ammo -666)
- Rapid fire (+25% Fire Rate)
- Armed and Ready (+10% reload, +2 Max ammo)
- Power Shot (+25% Bullet damage, +20% Knockback)
- Gun Mastery (+15% Bullet damage, fire rate and reload; +1 max ammo and Piercing)
- Light Bullets (+15% Fire Rate, +1 Max ammo, +15% Bullet Speed)
- Big Shot (+25% Bullet Damage, +40% Bullet Size, -16% Fire rate)
- Reaper Rounds (+15% Bullet Damage, +1 Piercing, killing Bullets continue to pierce)
- Death Rounds (-1 Max HP, bullets gain an additional 10 base damage)
- Frost Mage (bullets gain 35% chance to freeze enemies…)
- Ice Shard (Firing the last shot releases 3 ice shards that freeze enemies)
- Shatter (frozen enemies explode on death dealing 25% max hp damage)
If none of the above upgrades are available, consider grabbing one out of skill trees already started or from the following section.
When no core upgrades are available and their upgrade-trees are maxed out or you struggle with a certain aspect, these upgrade trees synergize with the build or help in general ways:
The upgrades in this tree make it a lot easier to outmaneuver the enemies.
Holy Shield Tree:
This tree gives recurring protection and bonus movespeed/reload when not needing it. Lightning upgrade from this tree should be ignored in this build.
Take Aim Tree:
The additional Bullet Speed causes your shots to travel farther and gives access to additional piercing, making it a fine choice to largen your safe space and fire further into the enemies.
easier acces to XP and later upgrades can significantly boost dps.
In Case of emergency, increase max Life.
The best Tomes to grab in order of potency are:
Tome of Power
- Bullet damage +50%
- Bullet Size +100%
- Piercing +1
- Fire rate -25%
- Max HP -1
Tome of Elasticity
- Bullet Bounce +2
- Bullet damage -25%
- Max HP -1
Tome of Speed
- Move speed +50%
- Max HP -1
Tome of Rage
- Fire rate +66%
- Spread +60
- Bullet damage -50%
- Knockback -95%
- Base Ammo Count is tripled
That's everything we are sharing today for this 20 Minutes Till Dawn guide. This guide was originally created and written by Ahlpha-17. In case we fail to update this guide, you can find the latest update by following this link.