This is a summary of information to make the Thorn Sister’s challenges easier in Warhammer: Vermintide 2.
I suggest reading over these, just because you might need it in your challenge completion.
Obtainable through normal gameplay:
- Trial by Plague (I-IV) – Clear every Helmgmart mission on Legendary difficulty as Thorn Sister. Doing legendary (or cataclysm) is enough – You don’t have to do lower difficulties.
- A Bitter Rose Among Thorns – Finish 25 missions at any difficulty as Thorn Sister.
- Catch a Dying Breath – Kill 500 enemies using Javelin’s melee attack as Thorn Sister.
- Ancient’s Vengeful Embrace – Kill 250 enemies lifted by Deepwood Staff’s alt-fire. I did this without noticing, but I got the impression that only my kills counted (kill by team member didn’t).
- Handmaiden of Isha – Heal for a grand total of 2000 health.
- Together We – Lift a chaos warrior, have everyone hit it, and kill it before it lands. It sometimes triggers after 1 person hits it.
- Weave’s Bounty – Use Radiance to unleash career skill 50 times.
- The Awakening of the Woods – Kill 500 enemies using Thorn Wall.
- Well-Earned Agony – Deal bleed damage 2000 times.
I suggest using Bloodrazor Thicket talent for the last 2 because it does higher damage and inflicts bleed.
- Dance of the Willow – Using Javelin’s melee attack kill an elite and then kill a special enemy using a Javelin’s throw shortly after. KEEP THIS ONE IN MIND! It’s very easy to do during normal gameplay, but cannot be forced.
- Away with the Faeries – Lift 3 specials using Deepwood Staff’s alt-fire.
- An Offering of Pain – Deal 20% of boss health damage as Bleed damage. Monsters work for this – it doesn’t have to be a boss.
- Shall Not Pass – Kill a pouncing gutter runner in the air with the thorn wall.
- Rippling Radiance – Use Career Skill 5 times in 10 seconds.
- Roots of Ages – Have Thorn Wall soak 1000 attacks from enemies. Enemies only attack it when they cannot walk around it.
- Sheltering Thicket – Block 500 Rattling Gunner shots using Thorn Wall.
- Thorny Rescue – Use one Thorn Wall cast to stagger 2 special enemies incapacitating allies.
- For most of these challenges, I suggest using Grail Knight and Slayer (without throwing axes) for bot classes to minimize special enemy sniping.
- (Optional) Use Concoction trait on your Charm, so you and your bots can collect all the potions on your way and use them all to recharge your career skill. You need to use it a lot.
- I’ve done all of these in Halescourge, but the mission doesn’t matter, as long as you can finish it quickly if you hit a difficult challenge.
Use Career Skill 5 times in 10 seconds.
- Incandescence talent and a purple potion (with Decanter charm Trait) is an easy way to do it. Drink the potion and spam the skill.
Roots of Ages
Have Thorn Wall soak 1000 attacks from enemies.
- Enemies only start attacking the wall when they cannot walk around it.
- Use Ironbark Thicket and Incandescent talents, get into a small building (or a space that wall can close off), and as a horde rush gets close block the way. You’ll be done quickly.
- Do your team a favor and do not use this in Legendary/Cataclysm missions.
Block 500 Rattling Gunner shots using Thorn Wall.
- Keep your bots melee (or with short-ranged firearms) and keep your distance from it, so bots don’t try to kill it. You only need about 3-5 bursts to complete this so it shouldn’t be a big issue.
Dance of the Willow
Using Javelin’s melee attack kill an elite and then kill a special enemy using a Javelin’s throw shortly after
- There’s no real trick to this one. If you play with Javelins, I suggest you keep an eye out for the convenient double kill. If you’re eager to do it NOW, go to recruit mode (to get easy elites and 1 hit kills with charged head-hit) and do other challenges while keeping this one in mind. Melee bots are a must and moving quickly through streets or corridors also helps, because it keeps bots behind and unable to snipe Specials as fast.
- Large open spaces are sort of bad because bots get perfect accuracy and you have dropoff to deal with.
Use one Thorn Wall cast to stagger 2 special enemies incapacitating allies.
- I suggest doing this in The Horn Of Magnus recruit mode, by activating Gutter Runner Stash and walking out to the open area, so bots can get targeted. This might take a few tries, but it’s the most reliable way to do it.
Away with the Faeries
Lift 3 specials using Deepwood Staff’s alt-fire.
- I suggest doing this in The Horn Of Magnus recruit mode, by activating Gutter Runner Stash together with Thorny Rescue. You can do this anywhere, but chances are the stuff you lift will get sniped by bots or teammates.
Shall Not Pass
Kill a pouncing gutter runner in the air with the thorn wall.
- This can be done with a basic wall or either of the Talent-upgraded versions. Before pouncing gutter runner stops and stabs/hits the ground with its hands. Timing is a bit tricky depending on distance, but I managed to time it at close range by activating the skill right after the gutter-runner hit the ground with 2nd hand. Again, Gutter Runner Stash is your friend here.
An Offering of Pain
Deal 20% of boss health damage as Bleed damage (Monsters work).
- All you need to do is spam career skill (with Bloodrazor Thicket talent) and light dual dagger attacks (with Atharti’s Delight talent), as both of these do more damage in bleeds than physical damage. You don’t need to kill the monster for achievement to trigger.
The catch: bots/players will often fail this challenge for you by out-damaging your bleeds.
What you need:
- (Only with bots) Slayer Bardin, Huntsman Kruber, and either another bot with all equipment and offensive/temporary health talents removed. You want them doing as little damage as possible and ideally dying before the fight or at least going down during it.
- Atharti’s Delight (bleed on critical hits), Incandescence (extra Radiance charge), and Bloodrazor Thicket(huge bleed burst) talents.
- Dual daggers, because they make enemies bleed with light attacks. Ideally, those should have Crit. chance and Swift Slaying trait because you want to out-DPS your bots.
- (Optional) Trinket with Crit. Chance and Curse resistance(only if you plan on picking up grimoires to kill bots).
Method 1: ask to solo in quickplay
- The most reliable and probably the quickest way is to jump into quickplay and ask players to let you fight the monster alone. Even if one player doesn’t listen, as long as it’s not a one-man nuke, you should be able to at least match their damage.
Method 2: kill the bots
- If you’re confident about soloing Champion difficulty, kill your bots (you can leave 1 alive) and go for it, for a guaranteed completion. In short use, any means necessary to wear down your bots and finish them all at once with a barrel to prevent them from picking each other up. I guess infinite barrel spawns, in places like that 1 gate in The Horn Of Magnus will work to kill off your bots too, but I haven’t tried it. There’s a monster shortly after barrels in Horn Of Magnus.
Method 3: stagger the bots
- Instead of trying to kill the bots, trigger a horde before rushing to the first monster and pray bots to get staggered enough by surrounding enemies (or Monster itself) to stop attacking the Monster. This is unreliable, but it’s something you can try on normal playthroughs.
And that concludes this Warhammer: Vermintide 2 guide. Do you have any suggestions to improve this guide? Please let us know by leaving a comment below. For any other concerns, please reach us using the contact details found on the contact page.