Greetings and salutations! My name is Chucho, and I create quick and easy guides for our beloved RPG Skyrim. Made by a dummy for dummies!
How to Install Nemesis for Vortex Users
Here is a quick and easy guide on how to correctly install Nemesis for Vortex while avoiding the infamous “folder managed by vortex” error:
- Install Nemesis on Nexus Mods. The link will be provided here.
- Go to the “files” tab and click “manual download.” DO NOT install Nemesis with the mod manager as this will cause the “folder managed by vortex” error.
- Once you have the .zip file in wherever you downloaded it, you want to extract it into your “data” folder in your Skyrim folder, not the directory where “skyrim.exe” is.
- Now that you have it installed, you want to go to the “nemesis engine” folder and find the “nemesis unlimited behavior engine” exe, launch that.
- Once launched, click “update engine” before anything else. If you try to click “launch nemesis behavior engine” it will ask you to do update the engine anyway.
- Once the engine has finished updating, now you can click “launch nemesis behavior engine.” It will automatically detect any animation mods you have installed and update accordingly. Also, make sure to check the boxes of any patches your animation mods need which are found on their respective mod pages so go to the mod page of every animation mod you have and check their descriptions if they need one of those boxes checked.
- Way to go superstar! That’s it! You are done! You have successfully avoided the “folder managed by vortex” error and have installed nemesis completely! Just make sure to click “launch nemesis behavior engine” every time you install another animation mod!
That's everything we are sharing today for this The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition guide. This guide was originally created and written by Chucho. In case we fail to update this guide, you can find the latest update by following this link.