- Title: Starfield
- Release Date: September 6, 2023
- Developer: Bethesda Game Studios
- Publisher: Bethesda Softworks
In 2023, Bethesda released their game without native HDR settings, which has surprised many gamers. What’s even more disappointing is that, unlike the Gamepass version, the Steam version doesn’t activate Windows 11 Auto HDR, and using SpecialK results in the game crashing when starting a new game. However, a Reddit user named May1stBurst has found a fix shortly after the game’s release.
How to Enable Auto HDR
- Open the Starfield installation folder.
- Make a copy of the game’s .exe file and rename it to “farcry5.exe.”
- Go to Starfield’s properties in Steam.
- Change the launch options to include the installation location in quotes and “%command%” at the end.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starfield\farcry5.exe" %command%
Ensure that you have a borderless fullscreen mode on or use the default in-game settings.
When you open the ‘farcry5.exe’ file in the game’s folder, Steam will launch Starfield, and Auto HDR should activate. Enjoy your improved gaming experience!
That's everything we are sharing today for this Starfield guide. This guide was originally created and written by HDRcade[Tyler]. In case we fail to update this guide, you can find the latest update by following this link.