- Title: Psychonauts 2
- Release Date:
Information about Psychonauts 2 is still incomplete. Please help us fill the details of the game using this contact form.
100% achievement guide for Psychonauts 2.
- Number of achievements: 57
- Number of missable achievements: 1 (I’m always here for you, darling!)
- Minimum Playthroughs: 1
- Free-Roam After Story: Yes
- Does difficulty affect achievements?: No
Since the game is nonlinear and achievements can be unlocked in any order I didn’t set them chronologically according to my own playthrough. Instead, I grouped them into various categories.
There is only one missable achievement in the game and it can be unlocked very early (right after the tutorial area) and after that, you’re free to explore the game the way you want without worrying about missing anything. Every area remains accessible, all items can be picked up.
Achievement “Duck, Duck, Goose” might get more difficult to obtain after a certain point in the game. I’d recommend trying to get it as soon as you start seeing Panic Attacks in Nick’s brain. During my playthrough Panic Attacks stopped splitting into multiple copies later in the game when encountered in other areas.
Achievement “Nest Egg” requires you to upgrade your PSI wallet twice and then fill it completely with PSI. If you want to reduce the amount of grind after the story to unlock it you might consider reducing your spending to a minimum. Personally, the only things I bought were Cores to level up, wallet upgrades, and two pins at levels 50 and 52 to reduce prices at the store by 50% and increase PSI drops. This allowed me to unlock this achievement shortly after reaching the final area of the game (GreenGreen Needle Gulch). However I accumulated further 2800 PSI during collectibles clean-up after the story, so it’s not really necessary to avoid spending completely.
I’d suggest to not bother too much about finding all available collectible items during your first visit to an area. You’ll have to revisit most areas anyway since some items require certain skills from later parts of the game or appear only on subsequent visits.
I’m always here for you, darling! – Talk to Milla in her Office
- You can unlock it right after arriving at Motherlobe. Go to the Agents atrium, enter Milla’s office, and talk to her.
Core Strength – Combine PSI Cards with a PSI Core at the Otto-Matic
- After arriving to Motherlobe and going up the lift head to the Otto-Matic. You’ll receive a free PSI Core and nine cards as part of the tutorial. Combine them to unlock this achievement.
Associate Intern – Achieve Rank 2
- Self explanatory. You’ll unlock this automatically with the previous achievement.
Junior Intern – Achieve Rank 10
- Self explanatory.
Senior Intern – Achieve Rank 50
- Self explanatory.
Principal Intern – Achieve Rank 100
- Self explanatory. You’ll get it most likely post story during the collectible items clean-up. I completed the story on rank 92.
Extra Credit – Upgrade your first Badge
- As you rank up you gain points to spend on upgrading your badges. Simply upgrade one. This achievement was slightly bugged for me: it didn’t unlock for me after leveling up my first badge, it worked fine on the second one. After arriving at Motherlobe and going up the lift head to the Otto-Matic. You’ll get your first point as part of the tutorial and leveling up to rank 2.
Power Play – Fully upgrade a Badge
- Upgrade any badge to rank 4.
Unlimited Power! – Acquire all Upgrades
- Upgrade all badges to rank 4. You need to be level 102 to do that and that requires finding all collectible items in the game.
Pin Drop – Equip your first Pin
- After arriving to Motherlobe and going up the lift head to the Otto-Matic. You’ll get your first pin for free as part of the tutorial. Equip it to unlock this achievement.
Pinhead – Equip 3 Pins at once
- Equip any three pins. In my playthrough, I waited until rank 52 and bought VIP Discount Pin and Double PSI Drops Pin to get to 5000 PSI easier for another achievement.
Kingpin – Purchase all Pins
- Purchase all pins from the store. It should be easy after accumulating 5000 PSI in your wallet.
PSI Roller – Upgrade to the Astral Wallet
- Upgrade your PSI Wallet twice: Psifold wallet (75 PSI) and Astral Wallet (750 PSI)
Nest Egg – Completely fill your Astral Wallet
- Have 5000 PSI in your wallet. It’s fairly easy to achieve if you don’t buy any pins you don’t need. I suggest buying VIP Discount Pin and Double PSI Drops Pin when you can to reach the limit faster.
King of Pop – Max out your PSI Pop capacity
- Purchase two upgrades to your PSI Pop: Mind’s Eyelets and Expandolier
Fluff Nutter – Max out your Dream Fluff capacity
- Purchase two upgrades to your Dream Fluff: Fluff Pockets and Jumbo Fluff Pouch
You Otto be in Pictures – Purchase all Otto Shot Filters
- Purchase all five photo filters from the store. They become available after you receive a camera from Otto.
TK-O – TK throw an object to stun an enemy
- Use telekinesis to pick up any object and throw it at an enemy to stun it. You can get it anywhere in the game and probably unlock it automatically in the first area.
Shared Regret – Throw a Regret’s anvil at another enemy
- Regrets are flying enemies carrying an anvil. Use telekinesis to get an anvil from a Regret and throw it at another enemy. This can be easily unlocked in the first area of the game (Loboto’s Labyrinth).
Pyromania – Pyro 3 enemies at once
- Use Pyrokinesis to burn three enemies at once. You can get it anywhere in the game and it becomes very easy with fully upgraded Pyrokinesis.
Duck, Duck, Goose – Find the real Panic Attack during his Phantom attack
- While in “PSI King’s Sensorium” (after giving Nick a new brain) you’ll encounter a new enemy called Panic Attack. One of its attacks is called “Phantom Attack” in which he splits into five clones, four of which are fake. You need to hit the real one before they disappear. To make it easier lock on the enemy before it splits and then spams your PSI Blast. If you struggle you can use “Time Bubble” to slow it down and have more time to locate the real Panic Atack.
Side note: even though Panic Attacks keep appear in other areas of the game they seem to very rarely use the “Phantom Attack”, at least that’s how it was during my playthrough. I’d suggest getting this achievement in “PSI King’s Sensorium” as it might be a bit difficult later.
Objection! – Throw a Judge’s gavel back at him
- Judges first appear during Compton’s Cookout. Use Telekinesis to get a gavel from a Judge and throw it back at him.
Take a Lickin’ – Consume a PSI Pop to restore some mental energy
- You should get your first PSI Pop from an enemy in Loboto’s Labyrinth. You can also buy them at any Otto-Matic. Simply use one when you lose some health.
Hiccup in the Giddyup – Recover your mental energy with a Dream Fluff
- You can buy a Dream Fluff at any Otto-Mattic. If you’ve got it in your inventory and die in combat you’ll be automatically revived and unlock this achievement.
Side Quest Achievements
Family is in Tents – Help Dion Setup Aquatodome
- After arriving at Questionable Area talk to your mother Donatella at the Family Camp, then to your brother Dion in the carpark, climb the poles to the top and use your PSI Blast to release the rope.
Good Vibes Only – Complete Gisu’s Psychoseismometer Quest
- Talk to Gisu in the tree house at the Quarry to receive this quest. There are three Psychoseismometers in total in a cave behind Family Camp in the Questionable Area, up in the trees above the car park in the Questionable Area, and in a cave in the Quarry. Activating each device will transport you to an area where you’ll have to defeat a few waves of enemies.
Dance, Baby, Dance – Complete Queepie Quest
- After arriving at Questionable Area talk to your mother Donatella at the Family Camp to activate this quest. You’ll have to find your little brother Queepie six times:
- Close to the Chaotic Watermill
- At the end of the Sassclops Cave
- Up in the trees above the entrance to the Questionable Area
- Up in the trees above the toilets
- On the roof of the Lumberstack Diner
- In the trees above the Family Camp
- Every time you’re near Queepie you’ll hear some music from his radio.
A Fungus Among Us – Complete Lili’s Request
- Talk to Lili in the Quarry to receive the quest. The Fungus is in Questionable Area in a cave behind the waterfall. Slow down a log, jump on it and travel up. Jump into the cave when you see the entrance and approach the big mushroom in the middle.
Keep Your Shirt On – Scavenge all MISSION CRITICAL PSYCHONAUTS ASSETS
- Talk to Norma in the Mothelobe to receive this quest. There are 16 items scattered around the world which you need to find:
- Deck of Cards
- Enemy Surveillance Device
- Psychonauts Name Plague
- Day Old Sushi
- Astronaut Ice Cream
- Psitanium Knife
- Agent Orientation Lasserdisc
- Unexploded Bomb
- Novelty Mug
- Human Skull
- Switchblade Hatchet
- Can of Corn
Green Needle Gulch:
- Mini Murder Bug Bot
- Viking Helmet
- Beehive Shaped like My Phone
- Signed Copy of Mindswarm
Shutterbug – Take a photo with the Otto Shot
- The Quarry. After talking to Otto in his lab you’ll receive a camera. Simply use it to take a photo anywhere.
Fine Tuning – Tune in to a Stray Thought
- The Quarry. After talking to Otto in his lab you’ll receive the Stray Thought Tuner. After leaving Otto’s lab equip it and approach a car parked nearby.
Forgot My Keys – Revisit a brain through the Collective Unconscious
- Motherlobe. After coming back from the casino Sasha will take you to the Collective Unconscious. Simply enter a previously visited brain, e.g. Loboto’s Labyrinth to unlock this achievement.
Home Run – Find the Family Camp
- Questionable Area. Go to the Campgrounds following the signs.
Make It Stop! – Hidden achievement: Break all 3 Gramaphones in Fatherland Follies
- Fatherland Follies. While in Nick’s brain you’ll be hearing Grulovian music. Find a gramophone nearby and destroy it for the music to stop. Do it three times to unlock the achievement. Location of the gramophones:
- “The Fall of Grulovia”: door with a red light above in a tower-like building
- “Life In Exile”: door behind Maligula’s statue
- “Infiltrating the Psychonauts”: hidden door on the right side of the tunnel inside the giant tree trunk
Safecracker – Crack all Vaults
You’re it! – Tag all Emotional Baggage
Figheaded – Find all Figments
Employee of the Year! – Navigate Loboto’s Labyrinth
- Complete Loboto’s brain.
Mentee Fresh – Receive your first assignment
- Talk to Hollis Forsythe after arriving to Motherlobe.
EVERYBODY Hates Socks with Sandals – Make a connection in Hollis’ Classroom
- Complete the first version of Hollis’ brain (Hollis’ Classroom)
Know When to Fold’em – Shut Down the Luctopus
- Beat the final boss of the second version of Hollis’ brain (Hollis’ Hot Streak).
High Roller Revelations – Cool Hollis’ Hot Streak
- Complete the second version of Hollis’ brain (Hollis’ Hot Streak).
Jung at Heart – Visit the Collective Unconscious
- After arriving back to Motherlobe from the casino Sasha will show you the Brain Tumbler.
Feast of the Senses – Complete PSI King’s Sensorium
- Complete Nick Johnsmith’s brain.
To the Letter – Deliver Cruller’s Correspondence
- Complete Mailman Ford’s brain.
A Little Off the Top – Treat Ford’s Follicles
- Complete Barber Ford’s brain.
Perfect Game – Bowl Strike City
- Complete Bowling Ford’s brain.
Sane in the Membrane – Repair Ford Fractured
- Automatic unlock. Complete all three Ford’s brains.
Ram It Down – Plate Compton’s Cookoff
- Complete Compton Boole’s brain.
Buried Memories – Raid the Tomb of the Sharkophagus
- Complete Tomb of the Sharkophagus
The Relic Room – Discover the Astralathe
- After arriving to Green Needle Gulch go the Heptadome in the middle.
Archetypal Victory – Peruse Cassie’s Collection
- Complete Cassie O’Peia’s brain.
Bob’s Your Uncle – Empty Bob’s Bottles
- Complete Bob Zapotto’s brain.
Tattered Family – Soothe Lucrecia’s Lament
- Complete Lucrecia Mux’s brain.
Deluginist Darkness – Frequent Fatherland Follies
- Complete Gristol Malik’s brain.
Finish What Was Started – Dissolve the Deluge of Grulovia
- Beat the final boss.
Making Peace – Return to where it all started
- After completing the story go to the “Green Needle Gulch” and talk to Nona. This might be bugged a bit, if it doesn’t unlock for you go to the “Questionable Area” and talk to your father first, then talk to Nona again.
That's everything we are sharing today for this Psychonauts 2 guide. This guide was originally created and written by Catnip. In case we fail to update this guide, you can find the latest update by following this link.