- Title: Motor Town: Behind The Wheel
- Release Date:
Information about Motor Town: Behind The Wheel is still incomplete. Please help us fill the details of the game using this contact form.
Aims to help you decide between buying or renting work vehicles.
Disclaimer: I am not mathematically gifted, hell I barely passed math! This guide will not include numbers/stats, it is meant to be a simple answer. I’m sure some math nerd ( 😛 ) will do an in-depth guide eventually.
For starts, what is buying or renting?
In Motor Town, you can either rent or buy vehicles. Mainly, this is referring to work vehicles like the Tronko/box truck, semis, etc, not rented normal cars. A common question we see in the Discord is “which is better to do?” Usually, the response people get is based on what is financially better long term, which is important.
However, there’s another aspect to this that is often forgotten: What do you, as a player, want to do? How do you want to play this game? Do you want to be a company driver or owner operator? There are pros and cons to both.
Company driver / renting
- Gas is paid for by an employer.
- The company takes some of your income. (doesn’t apply to rentals)
- Get charged for the rent of the vehicle every 10 minutes (give or take) (FYI for new players: You only get charged rent for being in the vehicle! If you get out, you are no longer renting)
- Can’t customize the vehicle
Owner operator / You own the vehicle
- Paid in full
- Can summon/spawn the vehicle
- Can customize vehicle
- You pay for gas. This might not seem like a huge deal, but gas on the semis can go for $1k or more depending on how low the tank is. I tested it and even on the half tank, it’s still $1k per fill up. On smaller vehicles, it’s not that much of a problem.
All of those are things to consider when choosing how you play. There’s no right or wrong way, both do exactly what the game is meant for driving. At the end of the day, It’s all about how you want to play this game.
That's everything we are sharing today for this Motor Town: Behind The Wheel guide. This guide was originally created and written by Reddington. In case we fail to update this guide, you can find the latest update by following this link.