- Title: Kalevania
- Release Date: May 3, 2023
- Developer: Jukka Mattila
- Publisher: Jukka Mattila
In this guide, I’ll show you how to fast and easily unlock all of the Kalevania achievements.
Kalevania has 11 achievements in total. They are as follows:
- Went to Sauna!
- Do the Bogo!
- Got the Sampo!
- Game Beaten!
- Hard Mode Beaten!
- Fully Geared Up!
- 10000 Copper Coins!
- 50000 Copper Coins!
- Rocket Kale!
- Maximum Mana!
- All Rune Spells!
Five of these 11 accomplishments are simple to earn because they are obtained by completing the game in all of its difficulties. These five easy accomplishments are:
- Went to Sauna!: To obtain this achievement, you must enter the sauna in the main city.
- Do the Bogo!: This achievement is obtained by obtaining the sword. It is impossible not to get this achievement as you need the sword to progress in the game’s story.
- Got the Sampo!: Similar to the previous achievement, this one cannot be avoided as it is part of the story mode and is obtained by getting the artifact “Grind the Sampo…”
- Game Beaten!: It is obtained by completing the game on any difficulty.
- Hard Mode Beaten!: It is obtained by completing the game on hard mode.
The remaining six achievements, on the other hand, are more harder to gain because they rely on secret regions and little “tricks” to obtain them easily. These accomplishments are as follows:
- Fully Geared Up!: For this achievement, you must purchase all armor and weapon upgrades from the blacksmith in the main city. This achievement can be challenging to obtain if you die a lot or if you explore the map little, as you may lack copper coins to complete all the upgrades. However, don’t worry, I will show you some tricks later on that will give you plenty of money.
- 10000 Copper Coins!: This achievement requires you to collect, WITHOUT SPENDING, a total of 10000 copper coins. Depending on your skills while playing, you could obtain this achievement in a single run, even without prior knowledge of the game. However, if that’s not the case, don’t worry, I will teach you how to farm a lot of copper coins.
- 50000 Copper Coins!: Similar to the previous achievement, but collecting 50000 copper coins.
- Rocket Kale!: To obtain this achievement, you must perform a certain “secret” action a good number of times. I will show you how to do it later.
- Maximum Mana!: To obtain this achievement, you must get all mana potions. I will show you how and where to find them.
- All Rune Spells!: The same as the previous achievement, but applied to runes/spells.
Rocket Kale and The Mana Potions
The accomplishments “Rocket Kale!” and “Maximum Mana!” are closely linked and dependent on each other.
In order to acquire the “Maximum Mana!” achievement, it is necessary to obtain all five mana potions available within the game. The first three potions are readily accessible; you can acquire them by visiting the main city and making your way to the blacksmith. Once there, the three potions can be purchased from the blacksmith’s inventory.
The fourth mana potion can be obtained by progressing through the story mode and defeating a specific boss.
Lastly, the fifth mana potion can be acquired after successfully achieving the “Rocket Kale!” achievement.
To unlock the “Rocket Kale!” achievement, you should head to the main city and locate either the “scarecrow” or “training dummy.” Subsequently, you must strike it repeatedly for an extended duration. After some time, the dummy will become disinterested and fly away, leaving behind a mana potion.
It’s worth noting that the “Rocket Kale!” achievement can be obtained early in the game, providing the advantage of extra mana from the outset. Referring to this hidden bonus as “the fifth mana potion” does not imply that it must be obtained at the end; you have the freedom to obtain it whenever you prefer during your gameplay.
Runes and Secret Zones
In the game, a total of twelve runes are present, categorized as follows: five can be acquired by following the main path of the story mode, three can be obtained through the blacksmith, and the remaining four remain concealed and hidden from plain view.
Regarding the five runes obtained through the story mode, as they are an integral part of the gameplay, no further elaboration on them shall be provided. However, let us focus on the acquisition of the runes “Daggers,” “Water,” and “Slow Time,” which can be procured from the blacksmith in the main city. To attain these runes, the player must accumulate enough copper coins to make the necessary purchase.
The remaining runes, namely “Root Rang,” “Death Bone,” “Gust,” and “Sing Along,” are not readily visible and await discovery in various secret locations scattered throughout the game world.
For instance, to obtain the “Root Rang” rune, the player must venture to the specified map:
Once there, progress until you reach the area with waterfalls and logs. At the first waterfall you see, start jumping upwards using your weapon.
You need to climb to the highest point possible, and then, when the map “ends,” jump to the left, over the rocks, as shown below (red square).
In this place, you’ll be “out of the map,” so you won’t be able to see your character. Once in that position, press the “up” key to enter a hidden door that contains the “Root Rang” rune.
“Death Bone” and “Gust”: These runes are found in the same level, which is the next one:
Shortly after starting the level, you’ll come across a location with 2 platforms and a trampoline. If you look closely, you’ll notice a giant wolf.
Behind the wolf, there’s a hole in the wall. You need to kill the wolf and, at the hole in the wall, press the “up” key to enter the cave and find the “Death Bone” rune.
As you progress through the level, you’ll face a boss and obtain a new weapon: the bow. After obtaining the bow, the game will have the following areas:
An area with “vultures” and lots of stairs that you must climb.
An area with platforms and rocks falling down the walls.
Another area with “vultures” and lots of stairs. It’s in this area that you’ll find our next rune.
Once you’re in the “second area with vultures,” you must find a platform to the left that can only be accessed by using the bow to shoot at the glowing colored poles. These vertical poles can turn into horizontal platforms for a few seconds if you shoot them with the bow. Use the bow, transform the poles into platforms, and jump to the location marked with the red arrow:
Once in this location, look to the right, and you’ll notice more poles. Use the bow and keep moving to the left until you find a door. Inside that door, you’ll find the “Gust” rune.
“Sing Along”: This rune is located in the following level:
Near the end of the level, you’ll come across the following area:
Jump to where the red arrow is, and you’ll land in a safe spot. Then, jump over the edge of the structure, as indicated by the arrows in the next image, always trying to “move to the left.”
It’s crucial that you stay to the left of the structure; otherwise, you’ll fall into the void. Once inside the structure, just climb up the platforms to find a door, enter it, and obtain the final rune: “Gust”.
To easily unlock the 10000 Copper Coins! and 50000 Copper Coins! achievements, the most efficient way is as follows:
When you are close to the end of the game, you will obtain the artifact “Grind the Sampo…”. This artifact can be activated from the weapons/runes menu, using 10 mana points. Activating this artifact will grant you a power-up and 250 copper coins. Moreover, outside the blacksmith’s shop in the main city, there are several candles and barrels. Breaking both the candles and barrels will give you mana points. Additionally, they respawn when you enter and exit the blacksmith’s shop. Considering all of the above, the best strategy for farming money “infinitely” is as follows:
1) Go to the main city.
2) Spend all your mana to activate the artifact “Grind the Sampo…”.
3) Collect the coins.
4) Enter the blacksmith’s shop.
5) Exit the blacksmith’s shop.
6) Break the candles and barrels to obtain mana.
7) Repeat steps 2 to 6.
With this method, you can obtain the achievements related to copper coins and, in addition, you can purchase everything from the blacksmith, ensuring the Fully Geared Up! and Maximum Mana! achievements (if you haven’t bought all the mana potions from the blacksmith yet).
That's everything we are sharing today for this Kalevania guide. This guide was originally created and written by Algodoncito. In case we fail to update this guide, you can find the latest update by following this link.