This guide will show you how to never accidentally swap your weapons. We currently have two methods that you can use to avoid accidental weapon swapping.
Have you ever been running around and had your super awesome mythical sword of killyness replaced by some weak sauce splintered club? If so, you have a 99.9% chance of having accidentally swapped your weapon. This guide contains 2 methods to eliminate or reduce this as a possibility.
The first method applies only to new characters and it requires you to do exactly nothing! Yes, you read that right… nothing! And as long as you keep doing the specific nothing I describe below, it 100% eliminates the possibility of weapon swapping. This is the method I’ve been using for over 7 years now to avoid accidentally swapping weapons.
- When you start a new character, take a look at the bottom of the UI next to the “Rift Travel” button. You should see a greyed-out “Weapon Swap” button. If it isn’t greyed out, you somehow already screwed up. Start a new character and try again.
- Open up your character screen and take a look between your helmet slot and your right hand(weapon) slot. You should see a small button with a sword and 2 little green arrows.
- No matter how tempting it is, don’t press that button.
- Seriously, just don’t press it.
- Have you successfully not pressed it? If yes, congratulations, you did the right nothing to not have to worry about weapon swap.
- What do you mean you pressed it? I mean, come on. I told you repeatedly not to press it. All you had to do was literally nothing! But no, that was too hard! Well, tough. You screwed up for that character, now you have to deal with weapon swapping.
- Do I really have to make a UI mod to remove that button? Because I really shouldn’t have to, not when you can just not press it.
The second method will work for any character, but does require you to do a thing once… and it will fix it for all your characters. This is the method more commonly suggested in the forums.
- Press ESC to pull up the game menu.
- Press the “Options Menu” button.
- Go to the “Keybindings” tab.
- Scroll down and find the “Switch Weapons” function.
- Clear the binding.
- Press the “OK” button on the bottom of the menu (or press ESC and then the “Yes” button to apply changes).
- If successful, when you hover over the Switch Weapon button at the bottom of the UI, it should say “Unassigned” If it instead lists a key, like “W”, you screwed it up. Go back and start over from the beginning.
- Now, the only way for you to switch weapons is by clicking on the switch weapon button at the bottom or on the character page.
As a reminder, only method 1 will completely eliminate the possibility of weapon swap, so long as you manage to never press that button. With method 2, you can accidentally weapon swap if you lose your mouse pointer and click the button. Sure, it is very unlikely but technically possible.
That's everything we are sharing today for this Grim Dawn guide. This guide was originally created and written by Draug. In case we fail to update this guide, you can find the latest update by following this link.