- Title: Friday the 13th: The Game
- Release Date:
If you’re reading this, you most likely have had issues connecting to Friday The 13th The Game. If you have, this guide is for you!
FIRST METHOD: Region Changing (~50% of working)
The first way to try to connect to the servers is by changing your steam download region. Do note that this does not have a 100% chance of working and may fail depending on what time you attempt logging in. Here’s what you do:
- Log into steam.
- At the top left of your steam window, click Steam (next to View, Friends, Games, etc.)
- Click Settings
- Click Downloads
- At the top of the window, you will see a section called Download Region.
The recommended download regions are as follows:
- US – Los Angeles
- US – Colombus
- US – Austin
Like previously said, this method does NOT have a 100% chance of working. The following method has a VERY HIGH chance of working.
METHOD TWO: GAME LAG (~99% chance of working)
If the previous method did not work for you, this one most likely will. Here’s a detailed explanation on how to do it.
- Launch Friday the 13th The Game via Steam
- Go to Settings; Video Settings.
- Switch to Windowed Display
- Re-login to friday
- IMPORTANT: While you are connecting, grab your game window and shake it around. Make sure the game freezes while it is connecting.
- Do this for about 10-30 seconds.
- If you have done this properly, you should be able to get the connected message in the bottom right. If this fails, retry again.
Note: You do NOT need to play in game in windowed after connecting to the servers.
That's everything we are sharing today for this Friday the 13th: The Game guide. This guide was originally created and written by ★ | cinder. In case we fail to update this guide, you can find the latest update by following this link.