A simple guide for 100% achievements for Fossil Corner.
Basic Game Progression
- Solve 10 Puzzles
- Solve 25 Puzzles
- Solve 50 Puzzles
These all will come naturally through normal play. You’re likely going to need to solve, at the very least, 100+ puzzles for the Fossil Finder list anyway, baring some lucky drops or finding genome codes from other players. Any mix of all three fossil types will contribute to the completion count.
- Feelings Corner
This relates to the main story. Every time there is an e-mail, there will be a red number on the PC icon, situated in the top left bar. Most of these are just hit reply deals and require no further work. The rest involve taking pictures with your Space bar of certain shells and layouts. Your e-mail list in the app will show a completion percentage so you have an idea of how much farther to go.
- For X shell of X color for X amount requests, just place all the needed shells on one surface, zoom in by clicking on the surface and take the image.
- For furniture requests, the placement doesn’t matter and you don’t have to keep it after taking the image.
- For Scrapbook requests, you don’t have to take special images for each slot, you can fill them up with all the same of any old image.
- Every major tool will be unlocked from email/story progression, so don’t forget to make them a priority.
The Fossil Grind
- Science CornerAfter replying to enough emails, around 20% completion, the Genome App will unlock in the shop. Buy it as soon as you can, as it’s going to be your most valuable achievement hunting tool going forward. This achievement unlocks the first time you use the app to generate a fossil. It’s not noted in-game, but codes can be copied/pasted from in/out of the game, to make it easier to enter/share codes.
- 3 Star
- 4 Star
- 5 Star
- 6 Star
- 7 Star
- 8 Star
This is likely the meat of why you’re here. Discovering a high star fossil will unlock all the lower star achievements before it if you didn’t already have them unlocked (IE: 5Star will also unlock 3 & 4Star, etc.). Doing this legit requires taking notes of traits, a pile of luck, and gathering genome codes from other players. It’s possible to get high star fossils without codes or combinations from the puzzle-solving games, but it’s very RNG-dependent. Actually pretty fun to do all on its own, the range of color/body/attribute combinations is wide and the displaying can be addictive.
But you’re here for achievements, so just follow this formula:
- Fossils FOUND!
After some story progression, the Fossil Finders app will be unlocked. This consists of four challenges, each with its own reward (that you’ll then have to buy….). All of them are for taking pictures of particular fossils in various body/color combinations and sometimes as a set. The achievement itself is for unlocking every shop item possible. There isn’t really any straightforward way to guide this. It’s all up to luck. With good rolls, picking through genome codes, and a streak of less than annoying challenges, it can be cleared anytime between a few hours to several hours.
- This may or may not have become obvious earlier in the game, but since it’s not implicitly pointed out if a fossil has more than one attribute, so long as it also has the ones needed for the challenge, it’ll count. That is, the challenge asks for 2Star, Green, Small Trilobite and you have one that has those three attributes and six more, it’s still covered the requirement.
- A single challenge can be rerolled every 10 minutes. Use this to your advantage to remove troublesome ones. Bear in mind the game has a nasty habit of rerolling challenges into a similar challenge.
- The otherwise not particularly useful Rock Tumbler can be helpful for trading in/out attributes if the damn thing actually works as intended.
- Having a healthy collection of all three fossil types will help provide combination fodder for challenges.
- It’s worth your time to clear puzzles until you’ve got the cash to access all three walls of the workspace and upgrade to the largest storage units. Make use of your stash and pockets as well.