This guide will seek to be a generalized reference for scenarios and other basic gameplay elements.
All scenarios will be listed by the phrase listed on the bottom of the card in-game. If you’re looking for a particular scenario, I recommend using Ctrl+F.
Scenarios without choices:
- Altar: A party member of your choice gains X amount of max hp.
- Angry Mob: Discard all combats
- Anxiety: All party members lose 5 hp
- Back Alley: Remove the next 2 scenarios from a lane of your choice
- Blackfoot Agents: Discards a random combat
- Blackfoot Contact: Heals one party member by ~50%* of their max hp.
- Brawlers: You may buy from a selection of four cards all focusing on the Guard/Block (idk the official name) mechanic
- Catacombs: Brings you directly to the pre-boss fight scenarios (depth 2)
- Checkpoint: Nothing. Cannot be selected until it expires or is removed
- Cultist’s Wares: You may buy from a selection of four cards all focusing on the Bleed or Ruin mechanics.
- Decoy: Move a scenario to this lane and add 1 to its counter
- Disheartened: All party members lose 10 hp
- Fatalism: All party members lose 15 hp
- Gatehouse: Nothing. Cannot be selected until it expires or is removed
- Hesitation: Nothing. Party takes X amount of damage if it expires.
- Hide: Discard all other scenarios
- Intelligence: All party members gain (100 or 500 or 1000) XP
- Juggler: You may buy from a selection of four cards all focusing on Drawing/Discarding
- Knife Merchant: You may buy from a selection of four cards all focusing on the Charge mechanic
- Knight Errant: If you have Ruin cards in your deck: Elite combat; If you DO NOT have Ruin cards in your deck, choose a skill.
- Large Crowd: Nothing. Cannot be selected until it expires or is removed
- Lightfoots: You may buy from a selection of four cards all focusing on Movement
- Off Duty Guards: Nothing. Spawns the scenario Drunken Guards if it expires.
- Quick Round: Heals your party by 50% of their max hp.
- Quick Thinking: A party member of your choice gains a level
- Smithy’s Apprentice: You may sell your stashed equipment for 150 florens each
- Thief: Lose 100 florens
- Weapon Cache: Random weapons/armors will be available to equip, stash, or ignore.
* Exact value unknown
Scenarios with choices:
- Blackfoot Stash: 1) Remove a skill from your deck OR 2) Leave
- X character gains (1 max stamina or 1 max will) and takes Y amount of damage.
- Crazy Weasel: 1) Transform a skill OR 2) Leave
- Ruin a card
- Random outcome (either combat or choose a skill)
- Exquisite Weapon:
- Buy a random weapon for X florens
- Ruin a card, get the weapon for free OR 3) Leave
- Guarded Transport:
- Elite combat (w/ bonus florens as reward)
- Incense: Will get more details soon. Gives you a choice between 3 party augmentations
- Duplicate a skill
- IF you have a single party member, increase their will by 1.
- Merchant in Trouble:
- Gain 250 florens
- Gain a card
- Modify Talents:
- Re-roll a talent
- Over Encumbered:
- Remove 2 skills from your deck
- Forfeit a talent
- Ruin a card, leave
- Overzealous Guards:
- Lose 150 florens
- Ruin a card and heal a party member to full hp
- Heal a party member below 20% hp to full hp.
- Ruin 3 skills
- Discard 3 ruins, combat
- Talisman: I Will get more details soon. Gives you a choice between a couple of party augmentations or an upgrade token
- Remove a skill from your deck, re-roll a talent
- ???/Voices in the Dark:
- Receive 3 “Injury” cards and “Blood Ritual”
- Elite combat (drops armor that gives you the unholy passive and a unique weapon that applies bleed)
Scenarios that only appear in certain conditions:
- Crossroads (appears when the lane counter is 9 and 3): Removes all other scenarios and sets other lanes to the same depth as the lane Crossroads is in.
- Drunken Guards (when Off-Duty Guards expires): Gain 300 florens.
- Excellence (post-boss fight only): A party member of your choice gains a level
- Monastery (pre-boss fight only): Heal your party to full hp. (Costs 250F)
- Smithy (pre-boss fight only): You may buy from a selection of eight cards (can be any cards).
- Tavern (pre-boss fight only): You may hire new party members from a selection of 3 characters.
- Unity (post-boss fight only): Heal your party to full hp
- Wealth (post-boss fight only): Gain 1000 florens
I’ll list all the different types of upgrade tokens, to the best of my knowledge, here:
- Decrease will cost by 1
- Apply 3 bleed
- Restore 5 hp
- Gain 10 florens
Armor is currently not listed in the compendium, so I’ll note the different kinds of armor I’ve run across here.
- Agile: Whenever this character moves they gain 10 Guard
- Light Armor: This character starts combat with 6 Guard. They gain 1 stamina each turn.
- Superior Light Armor: This character starts combat with 10 Guard. They gain 1 stamina each turn.
- Medium Armor: This character starts combat with 14 Guard.
- Superior Medium Armor: This character starts combat with 24 Guard.
- Heavy Armor: This character starts combat with ? Guard. They gain ? Guard each turn and 1 Winded each turn
- Superior Heavy Armor: This character starts combat with ? Guard. They gain ? Guard each turn and 1 Winded each turn
- Unholy: At the start of this character’s turn all bleed stacks are removed and the character gains hp equal to the number of stacks removed.
And that concludes this Banners of Ruin guide. Do you have any suggestions to improve this guide? Please let us know by leaving a comment below. For any other concerns, please reach us using the contact details found on the contact page.