This guide will show you how to get 100% achievement in Axis Football 2020.
Some notes before the achievements
Note: Please use a controller to play this game. I am also going to refer to controller prompts.
This guide assumes you know the basic rules of American football since I’m not going to explain them here.
There are 10 achievements to get here, and I’m going to split them up into two different parts since the Franchise mode doesn’t require actually playing a game of football.
Your save files are located at this location on Windows:
%UserProfile%\AppData\LocalLow\Axis Games\Axis Football 2020
The franchise saves are named
You can copy/paste them in different slots without exiting the game, just make sure you’re on the main menu.
With that out of the way, let’s get started on the achievements, starting with Franchise Mode.
Franchise Mode Achievements
From the Main Menu, press Franchise Mode, then create a new team.
Your best bet would be to pick Green Bay as your team since they have the best stats.
Press A to get to the setting screen.
Before you hit “START FRANCHISE” start make sure that:
- Random Rosters: OFF
- Unlimited Funds: ON
- Random Tier Placement: OFF
Congratulations, you’re now managing a team. Before we go and simulate through some seasons, we are going to use our infinite funds to overhaul our team. This will allow us to get the best players, coaches, and facilities so that we can simulate as much of the season as possible.
Making your Team as Best as Possible
Switch tabs with RB/LB to the Front Office (indicated in the top left, under Franchise) -> Facilities. Go through each one and press A twice on each one to repair/upgrade them.
- Note 1: The rest of this is technically optional, but highly recommended to make the simulation smoother.
- Note 2: Players and coaches are rated with a letter grade, from A to F, with +/-.
We’re going to upgrade our coaches. Go to Front Office and press the Coaching Staff.
You should be looking at your head coach, which is indicated to you in the top left.
Pay attention to his overall letter grade on the left, and press A. Go down to “Hire New Coach”, then check if the overall of any of the free-agent coaches are higher than the coach you currently have (It’s the first column of letter grades on the left) If so, hire him by pressing A twice.
We are going to go through the rest of the coaches. Press RT to go to the next coach, which should be the Offensive Coordinator, indicated again in the top right. Repeat the process for the following coaches, until you hire the best for each position.
- Coordinators: Head Coach -> Off. Coordinator -> Def. Coordinator -> ST Coordinator -> (PRESS RB)
- Position Coaches: QB -> RB -> REC -> OL -> DL -> LB -> DB
Note: You don’t need to do the scouts, since you’re going to retain most of your good players until the achievements pop.
We’re going to get the best players off of free agency, and put them on our team.
Head over to your depth chart, and take note of any positions that have C/C+ players on your starting squad (They have a green light next to them)
Head over to Personnel -> Free Agency, and check each position. You want to take any players that are A- or higher rated, and any that would be an upgrade to your current players.
Unfortunately, the players you just signed have been sent to the practice squad.
- You need to go back to your depth chart and press X on some low-rated players to move them to the practice squad.
- Now that your depth chart has room, go to the practice squad and press X on each of the players you got.
- Now you can go BACK to the depth chart and set them as starters by pressing A on the new player, then press A on the player you want to replace.
Simulating until the Achievements Pop
Now that your team is overpowered, you should take a backup of your to save file in case things don’t go your way.
Head back to the Dashboard, then press “Simulate Game”. It will simulate that week. Simulate each game until the end of the season (16 games), and you should get a good enough record to get into the playoffs.
If you don’t get into the playoffs, put your backed-up save back in and redo the season.
The right side of your dashboard which used to hold your schedule and the standing will change into the playoff bracket. Backup your save file again, since playoff simulations are awful and will make you lose often.
Simulate through the three games, and you should win all 3. If not, put your backed-up save back in and redo until you win. If you’re having a lot of trouble getting a win, you should just play the game (Make sure you set the difficulty on rookie!).
Now that it’s the end of the season, we need to keep our players, draft some new ones, and win the next division.
Hit the Draft button on your dashboard, and hit “YES” to start the draft. At this point, you can hit A to bring up the button to skip to your next pick. Draft whoever, it doesn’t matter too much. One of the tabs tells you some recommended players to pick if you want to pick some players to replace your starters.
Head over to the “Player Contracts” button once the draft is over, and hit “Sign All” to retain the players you still have.
At this point, you just need to simulate the other two seasons like this one. Make sure you back up your save file often!
You should have all 3 Franchise Mode achievements at the end of this endeavor. Congrats! You have acquired the following achievements:
- Contender – Win the Tier III Championship in franchise mode.
- Challenger – Win the Tier II Championship in franchise mode.
- Champion – Win the Tier I Championship in franchise mode.
I hope you’re ready to play some football.
Of the 7 achievements left, some happen sort of randomly, and the other happens when you play well (and set the correct time control).
You can do these achievements in Franchise Mode, playing the games instead of simulating them.
If you are doing this in Exhibition mode, scroll to Green Bay, hit A, then press Ready. Then scroll to Washington, hit A, then press Ready.
Before hitting Play Game, go to Game Setup and put these settings in:
- Quarter Length: (depends)
- Injuries: OFF
- Player Fatigue: OFF
- Offensive Difficulty: Rookie
- Defensive Difficulty: Rookie
- Passing is weird… When you pass, the receiver has to be WAY open. If there’s a single guy near the guy you’re throwing to, it’s a toss-up of whether he’ll catch it.
- When you run, all of the defenders will run directly towards you. Your only course of action is to make sure you hit RT to get a burst of speed. My tip for running is to run to the outside and use your burst of speed to dart to the sideline and run down the sideline if you can make it.
- If I remember correctly these pop at the end of the game or on exiting to desktop.
Achievements dependent on Quarter Length
Lockdown – Hold your opponent to under 200 total yards in a single game.
- For this one, put the Quarter Length at 5 minutes, but quit out and restart if the opposing team scores twice. Run the ball to burn the clock as much as possible. Hope they don’t throw it down the field. This one takes a while.
Ground And Pound – Earn 200+ rushing yards in a single game.
Air Raid – Earn 400+ passing yards in a single game.
- For these two, put the Quarter Length at 15 minutes, and exclusively run/pass the ball. These should be pretty easy.
Achievements dependent on Crazy Plays
Going Deep – Complete a single pass for 75+ yards.
- If you’re behind your own 25 yard line, run a long pass play that has one receiver run straight down the field, then if he’s open (like if the defense calls a short zone play) toss the ball to him, then run to the end zone.
He. Could. Go. All. The. Way. – Complete a single run for 50+ yards.
- When you’re on your side of the field, run an outside run play and hope they don’t cover you. Make sure to use your speed boost.
Laces Out, Dan. – Kick a 45+ yard field goal.
- This is the most natural achievement in the game, but if you really need it then call a field goal when you’re around the 40 yard line. This should create a ~50 yard kick, which should be easy if you have a strong kicker. Make sure you nail the kick and account for the wind.
That Just Happened – Return a punt, kickoff, or interception for a touchdown.
- Probably the most random of the achievements, you just have to hope that you get the ball near a sideline and dart to the opposite sideline using your speed boost (RT). Helps if you have a fast runner.