Aliens: Fireteam Elite has been officially released but it seems that there are lots of players having a hard time when loading the save game. According to reports, players with Steam profile names contain special characters can create saves that crash on load.
According to the developer, they have found that Steam profile names with special characters, including the trademark symbol and bullet (™, •), make save files that crash the game upon loading. If you are affected by this then you will be able to create a character but will be unable to enter the game’s hub area (the Endeavor hangar). If you do manage to access the Endeavor, then you are not affected by this issue.
We are aware of this issue and already have a fix that we will make available as soon as possible. In the meantime, you can try these workaround steps:
- Change your profile name to not contain symbols and characters which cause this bug.
- Shut off cloud saves using the Steam properties for the game.
- Delete the save game found here:
C:\Users\<USER NAME HERE>\AppData\Local\Endeavor
- Restart Aliens: Fireteam Elite and create a new character.
- Once you’ve entered the first map successfully, you may turn on cloud saves and change your profile name back if you wish.
And that concludes this Aliens: Fireteam Elite guide. Do you have any suggestions to improve this guide? Please let us know by leaving a comment below. For any other concerns, please reach us using the contact details found on the contact page.